Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Contest #7 Vote Off!!!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Contest #7 Vote Off!!!

Well, as you all know, contest #7 resulted in a tie between aurora and heather19. This poll is to pick the final winning entry for Towerpedia!

Good luck you two!

aurora:

heather19:

Poll will close in 7 days.
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 01-08-2012 at 12:24 PM.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heather.

Both pictures are fantastic but I have to go with what will look the best in the Horn of Eld entry in Towerpedia.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Yeah, ditto what Monte said.
    And for me, that's Heather's - simple and elegant.
    Just how I imagine it.

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Default Technical Limitations

I hope this doesn't break any rules or change anyones mind of who they are going to vote for. I thought Heather's image was strong but due to her camera's limitations and or not having the correct software to clean up a hand drawn image for the web that I would do it for her. I figure if an image is going to be on the site and be represented in the wiki the very least I could do is give it the best possible presentation possible.

All I did was nudge the contrast up a bit to show the details of the horn and dropped out the muddy uneven background so you could see the image better.

Disclaimer. Heather had nothing to do with this.
    Last edited by boehmke; 03-31-2008 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Words.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I voted Heather, because ..I like the computer generated look that Arora acchieved, but not as much as the hand drawn magic that was given
    by Heather 19. Everyones work was very good, you are all
    blessed to have such talent the work was simply beautiful !!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

both are great entries, and both artists should be very proud. i picked heather's the first time around, and am sticking by that choice. simplicity in art goes a long way for me.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heather!!!
    I knew I would choose hers even before I saw the version presented by boehmke. The "original" is in some way even better - it has that weird ethereal look - but it's precisely that ethereal look that somehow prevented me from accepting that horn wholeheartedly (as a battlehorn). Now, thanks to boehmke, I see that it is exactly what it should be!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Yeah, I'm sticking with my original choice of Bob's.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

both pictures are so cool. Best of luck

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I do have a scanned version of it which might look a bit better, however I didn't finish the drawing till the last min so I didn't get a chance to put it up before the contest started. I was holding off on it till the contest was over, I didn't want to post anything with it still going on.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice aurora is on a distinguished road aurora's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Heather if it makes a difference to anyone!!!

I have something MUCH better coming, but for Towerpedia Heathers is the way to go. Great work Heather!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

We'll be having some more contests soon, aurora - I hope you'll do something for some of those, too!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

No one voted for Bob's obviously superior work?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Guess not.

Pff! No taste. Who is Bob anyway?

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

My boss. Dur.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Bob Myknob?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump*

Anyone else voting on this? Only a few days left!

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Both are fantastic and hard to decide but went with Heathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    *bump*

Anyone else voting on this? Only a few days left!
    I voted for Bob Myknob's work.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I wasn't talking to you.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And the winner is...

heather19!!!

Congratulations, heather! Both you and aurora will get $1000 in beambucks for the tie, and I will be sending you a DT.com bracelet! PM me your address so I can get that out to you.

Thanks to all who entered - this was a really hard one to decide!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Congrats Heather.

Aurora, yours is amazing also, and I hope you don't take this badly. But many will enter, only one can win.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast