Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1732

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And from what he's telling me, life happened, and things got messed up.

I get that, but all I needed was him to tell me SOMETHING. If anyone knows about having to change plans due to life happening, its me.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    lol, me, or him?
    That's what I thought when I read that!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I get that, but all I needed was him to tell me SOMETHING. If anyone knows about having to change plans due to life happening, its me.
    Glad it's working out. But you're right... if he was already on Facebook during the past few weeks, how hard is it to send a quick note letting you know that he's dealing with some things, and will do his best to sort it out.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. It was his bullshit that was the primary problem, not that he had stressors going on. Glad it's working out.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I finally heard from Erik Wilson, and he offered me a refund or the artwork. I told him I'd still like the artwork and he said he would ship it out tomorrow and send me the tracking number.

Fingers crossed.
    So he said that he sent it, but now he says that he just sent it a month or so later?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, UPS, FedEx, and USPS all have free services you can sign up for that will show any tracked packages destined for your address, no tracking number needed. I use these all the time and get notifications when anything is shipped to me. 80% of the time I know things have been shipped before I ever get a shipping confirm from the seller.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

He said it was ... returned.

Lol

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He said it was ... returned. Lol
    At some point you just have to admit ya screwed up and admit you didn't hold up your end of the bargain. (Referring to the seller). You've been more patient that I could ever be.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

He said it was ... returned.

Lol
    Been there. It's so obvious they're lying when they use that excuse.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    FYI, UPS, FedEx, and USPS all have free services you can sign up for that will show any tracked packages destined for your address, no tracking number needed. I use these all the time and get notifications when anything is shipped to me. 80% of the time I know things have been shipped before I ever get a shipping confirm from the seller.
    Yea, this service is great. I love watching my books traveling to my house.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

A) "You've been more patient that I could ever be."

Well, it was just weird. He and I worked together on both IMC books, and we've chatted quite a few times casually on Facebook. He's done work for King, he's a professional artist, and I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

B) Item sent out, and tracking number (and picture evidence of the receipt, lol) given. Two day priority mail, I should get it soon!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it was just weird. He and I worked together on both IMC books, and we've chatted quite a few times casually on Facebook. He's done work for King, he's a professional artist, and I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

B) Item sent out, and tracking number (and picture evidence of the receipt, lol) given. Two day priority mail, I should get it soon!
    All's well that ends well, I reckon.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

It ain't over yet.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it does end well....for both parties. But I hate being lied to! That is one thing I can not tolerate. Another member of this forum lied to me within the past few months and I just don't think the stain of that will ever go away.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Received the artwork two days ago, it is beautiful. I just wonder if I DIDN'T take extreme measures if it would have been resolved so quickly.

Country
    Country Flag

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just read your story, Shannon. Wow. Glad it's looking close to a satisfactory conclusion.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a friendly warning:

I bought a proof of The Fireman from eBay seller slough_exile. It was one of those shipping by Amazon deals, so my book was shipped only in a cardboard box where it freely bopped around until landing on my doorstep. Book was advertised as "Brand New," but now there are dings from the shipping. It's not horrible, but I am totally annoyed and let him know it. I just wanted to alert the rest of you as I assume he ships all his books this way, and he has another Hill/Fireman proof up for auction.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads up, Dez.

Country
    Country Flag

Buyer eBay user name:
    Member id littlebitofeverything607

How's this for the eBay BS game. A member there recently won 7 auctions from me. They wanted priority mail because they don't trust media. But when quoted with the price, they stated they weren't going to pay that. Ok, so I re-invoice with three options. Priority, UPS ground, and media. I still hear nothing back. A day or so goes by and I contact the buyer yet again about what they're wanting to do. Well now the wife (theirs) is going in for surgery so they can't pay until a week after that and want me to move on with 2nd chance offers. Ok, don't quite understand why payment has to wait an additional week til after surgery but ok, moving on. I say that's fine but whatever 2nd chance offers don't sell, they'll be responsible for. Fine, both parties agree. So the week goes by and I only sale 3 of the books via 2nd chance offers. I contact them yet again. Now they can't pay because they'll be down to one income for three months. I totally understand hard times but tell them maybe they shouldn't have been bidding on eBay knowing a loss of income was on the horizon. I advise them I'm going to open a case just to get my fees back then I'll close it and we can all move on. No harm, no foul, no feedback. Apparently you have to wait three days for that to happen. Well low and behold, they file a case on me for not receiving books they never paid for and left me negative feedback to boot!! The odd thing is that I can't respond to the feedback because it says none has been left. It clearly shows up in my rating however. I hate that eBay allows negative feedback to be used so loosely, freely, and as a tool for retaliation. Anyway, I guess I'll go through the motions with eBay although I doubt the feedback will get remove. I feel now I have no choice but to leave negative feedback for them if nothing more than to explain my side of it. But wait! No one will see my side of it because their feedback is private. Go figure.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Buyer eBay user name:

How's this for the eBay BS game. A member there recently won 7 auctions from me. They wanted priority mail because they don't trust media. But when quoted with the price, they stated they weren't going to pay that. Ok, so I re-invoice with three options. Priority, UPS ground, and media. I still hear nothing back. A day or so goes by and I contact the buyer yet again about what they're wanting to do. Well now the wife (theirs) is going in for surgery so they can't pay until a week after that and want me to move on with 2nd chance offers. Ok, don't quite understand why payment has to wait an additional week til after surgery but ok, moving on. I say that's fine but whatever 2nd chance offers don't sell, they'll be responsible for. Fine, both parties agree. So the week goes by and I only sale 3 of the books via 2nd chance offers. I contact them yet again. Now they can't pay because they'll be down to one income for three months. I totally understand hard times but tell them maybe they shouldn't have been bidding on eBay knowing a loss of income was on the horizon. I advise them I'm going to open a case just to get my fees back then I'll close it and we can all move on. No harm, no foul, no feedback. Apparently you have to wait three days for that to happen. Well low and behold, they file a case on me for not receiving books they never paid for and left me negative feedback to boot!! The odd thing is that I can't respond to the feedback because it says none has been left. It clearly shows up in my rating however. I hate that eBay allows negative feedback to be used so loosely, freely, and as a tool for retaliation. Anyway, I guess I'll go through the motions with eBay although I doubt the feedback will get remove. I feel now I have no choice but to leave negative feedback for them if nothing more than to explain my side of it. But wait! No one will see my side of it because their feedback is private. Go figure.
    That sounds miserable. Do you have copies of all f your communications? It seems that those would've been through eBay and saved in your account - so it would be easy to show your side of the story in your eBay case - and hopefully then they'd delete those negative feedback scores…hopefully

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Buyer eBay user name:

That sounds miserable. Do you have copies of all f your communications? It seems that those would've been through eBay and saved in your account - so it would be easy to show your side of the story in your eBay case - and hopefully then they'd delete those negative feedback scores…hopefully
    Did the buyer claim they made payment through Paypal? If so, Ebay gets record of that. When a case was opened, you have the right to ask for proof of payment sent from buyer.

If they can't prove payment sent, Ebay will remove the negative feedback.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Buyer eBay user name:

Did the buyer claim they made payment through Paypal? If so, Ebay gets record of that. When a case was opened, you have the right to ask for proof of payment sent from buyer.

If they can't prove payment sent, Ebay will remove the negative feedback.

Mulleins
    I had a similar situation where a buyer bought a bunch of items and then left negative feedback for me without ever paying for the items (we had an issue a few months earlier where they were the seller and I guess this was their retaliation). Anyway, because they had never paid, eBay quickly removed the negative feedback without any issues. So hopefully you should be able to get it taken care of pretty easily.

Country
    Country Flag

It might be best to call them. They can verify everything and remove the malicious feedback while you are on the phone.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys for your responses. Yes, I do have all the correspondents between the buyer (term used very loosely in this case) and myself as it has it has been taking place via eBay messages and I get a copy in my inbox as well; which I'm keeping every time there is contact. He isn't claiming he paid in any form or fashion but clearly states in his messages that he only filed the non-received claims due to me filing my non-payment claims. Plus he's used profanity several times whereas I've remained completely business like if you will and only stating the facts of all said transactions. Never belittling him or making inappropriate comments. "Just the facts, ma'am".

I also think it is a good idea to call as well, Brian and I just might do that Thursday when I finally have some time off. The guy keeps shooting himself in the foot over and over in his messages where he clearly states he hasn't paid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast