Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I posted this before so here's the abridged version of my experience. I bought a slipcased edition of Knowing Darkness. It arrived without one. I asked where it was and he said the description doesn't mention the book comes with one. I shouldn't be asking if the slipase was missing asshole, you should tell me it's missing. Should I assume my new car will come with wheels or do I need to make sure with the dealer?

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I posted this before so here's the abridged version of my experience. I bought a slipcased edition of Knowing Darkness. It arrived without one. I asked where it was and he said the description doesn't mention the book comes with one. I shouldn't be asking if the slipase was missing asshole, you should tell me it's missing. Should I assume my new car will come with wheels or do I need to make sure with the dealer?
    Crazy...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While I truly feel for ya, getting a raw deal like that, it just reinforces that on Ebay "Buyer Beware"!!! There are a lot of "Schmucks" out there!!

BTW, I'd report him and give Negative feedback!!!

On the bright side, now you can get a finely crafted "Dolso" KD display case for your book!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I'd have to see the listing to totally be on your side, but bottom line you should say "I want a refund," and send it back. Like I've said before, he can't refuse that - even if he acts like he will.

Just say, "I'll dispute it with my credit card. You'll lose, and it might affect your future ability to accept credit card payments. Do you want that?"

Like Merlin said, 'buyer beware.' Was the listing a bargain price? Was there any reason to think you were getting too good a deal?

But I'm mostly on your side...the seller was obviously trying to be underhanded by not mentioning it.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Well, like I said, I had many good transactions with filip1 before this happened. But my case was special. I bought a book priced at $75 that he couldn't sell a day after this author won the Hugo award. He has the same book now listed on sale at $600 (normally $1,000). It's just a case of greed. He figured out after the author won that award and became very popular very fast that he probably should sell it for more, which he is now doing. it's marked up $525 from when I bought it.

Now where he becomes a sleeze is he could have just said he he was out of stock, or the book already sold and just refunded my money, but he gave me the runaround for a month and a half until I couldn't complain to eBay about it. I trusted him because we did have good deals before this happened. Regardless I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. It would be a risk, you would probably get your book, but you might not, as others have been screwed by him.

btw, don't worry about it Eric. I'm just mad that I saw the book I paid for selling for $600 yesterday, so I'm all huffed up.
    No matter how good a relationship I have with a seller, I always file a PayPal claim if the book hasn't shown up by day 44.

I did this once with Otto and he sent me another copy of the book that went missing.

I think most sellers will respect the fact that you have to cover your ass in these types of situations.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    No matter how good a relationship I have with a seller, I always file a PayPal claim if the book hasn't shown up by day 44.

I did this once with Otto and he sent me another copy of the book that went missing.

I think most sellers will respect the fact that you have to cover your ass in these types of situations.
    Yea, I was a fool. I'll never let that happen again.

And I'm not surprised you had to file a claim against Otto. lol
    Geoff

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My main problem with filip1 is that his books seem to be perpetully on sale, and the sales are always ending soon. For example, he has a copy of Lawrence Block's "Random Walk" signed/limited that has been 50% off, marked down from $42 to $21 for at least three months (current sale ends in 21 hours, though! Better Hurry!). In the case of that specific book, I sent a question asking if the book was numbered, or simply limited, and he replied "It's not numbered", but then he changed the listing to say that it is numbered.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I'd have to see the listing to totally be on your side, but bottom line you should say "I want a refund," and send it back. Like I've said before, he can't refuse that - even if he acts like he will.

Just say, "I'll dispute it with my credit card. You'll lose, and it might affect your future ability to accept credit card payments. Do you want that?"

Like Merlin said, 'buyer beware.' Was the listing a bargain price? Was there any reason to think you were getting too good a deal?

But I'm mostly on your side...the seller was obviously trying to be underhanded by not mentioning it.
    It was $95 + shipping. That's a good deal but those slipcased sell for $120 so it wasn't exactly a giveaway. He often has books on sale for up to 70% off. It wouldn't have been worth it to send the book back even if he accepted it. Shipping from Canada would've been $40-50. I couldn't leave a negative because the listing didn't say the slipcase was included... but it also didn't say it was missing. Does anyone expect missing parts when buying something or ANYTHING at all brand new?

I sold the book locally at a loss and saved up for the traycased version.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

Yea, I was a fool. I'll never let that happen again.

And I'm not surprised you had to file a claim against Otto. lol
    I don't know if he never sent it or if it got lost, but the problem was fixed.

I've done a number of book for book trades with Otto too.

I think your experience is probably the exception as opposed to the rule.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

It was $95 + shipping. That's a good deal but those slipcased sell for $120 so it wasn't exactly a giveaway. He often has books on sale for up to 70% off. It wouldn't have been worth it to send the book back even if he accepted it. Shipping from Canada would've been $40-50. I couldn't leave a negative because the listing didn't say the slipcase was included... but it also didn't say it was missing. Does anyone expect missing parts when buying something or ANYTHING at all brand new?

I sold the book locally at a loss and saved up for the traycased version.
    Sounds like you handled it in the most stress-free way possible...haha...

That's not such a deal that you should have expected a 'missing part.' He def. should have mentioned it was missing, and you should not really have been obliged to ask.

If you dispute a charge for inaccurate item, they'll likely be obligated to pay return shipping...truth is, credit card users have quite a bit more power than you probably think. But whatever, if you're loss was $20 or whatever, it's a lesson learned and you move on. Not worth any more stress than a few posts on a message board...haha...

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Anyone know a Danny Lenzini from the UK? Not sure if he is on here or not. Anyway I have dealt with him in the past with no issues, and he recently contacted me about some books I had on ebay. So since i knew him and had no issues before, we worked out a deal off ebay. For some cash and some UK editions I wanted. He sent the money to paypal right away, So i sent the books to the UK. They arrived safe and sound according to USPS. Since then (over a month now) I have received no response to about 8 emails and as you guessed, no books for me from the UK. I will try and find his ebay name and let you all know that also ! best part...more or less nothing i can do ! He got his books at a great price and still gets to keep his others !

ebay name is inizneld oddly enough he has 100% feedback, but i guess if you rip people off outside of ebay your feedback will stay good !
    UPDATE:
    So I finally heard back from this guy and after a few emails of him explaining why he was not around and him apologizing, by books are supposed to be on their way along with a couple others i needed to make up for the long delay. He offered the books on his own, or offered to just paypal me extra money. I chose the books because i still need/want them and the couple extras he offered i also need. Whether or not his story about his absence is true I will never know (and he actually even said this himself, that i have no way of verifying is story) so we will see once the books arrive how ell this turns out. Hopefully his story was true and he is true to his word on what he is sending me.
    Will update gain once the books get here.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know a Danny Lenzini from the UK? Not sure if he is on here or not. Anyway I have dealt with him in the past with no issues, and he recently contacted me about some books I had on ebay. So since i knew him and had no issues before, we worked out a deal off ebay. For some cash and some UK editions I wanted. He sent the money to paypal right away, So i sent the books to the UK. They arrived safe and sound according to USPS. Since then (over a month now) I have received no response to about 8 emails and as you guessed, no books for me from the UK. I will try and find his ebay name and let you all know that also ! best part...more or less nothing i can do ! He got his books at a great price and still gets to keep his others !

ebay name is inizneld oddly enough he has 100% feedback, but i guess if you rip people off outside of ebay your feedback will stay good !
    UPDATE:
    So I finally heard back from this guy and after a few emails of him explaining why he was not around and him apologizing, by books are supposed to be on their way along with a couple others i needed to make up for the long delay. He offered the books on his own, or offered to just paypal me extra money. I chose the books because i still need/want them and the couple extras he offered i also need. Whether or not his story about his absence is true I will never know (and he actually even said this himself, that i have no way of verifying is story) so we will see once the books arrive how ell this turns out. Hopefully his story was true and he is true to his word on what he is sending me.
    Hope it turns out well Rusty.

By the way, your box left VA yesterday as promised. I will PM you the tracking.

Mulleins

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Mulleins !

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

eBay need to have a "Creepometer" to let you know when you are dealing with a sheister!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

UPDATE:

UPDATE PART 2:
    So to be fair I wanted to finish out this post. The books that were promised as part ofthe trade deal, did finally arrive last week and sent along with them were 2 other UK editions that i needed. He added to those t the shipment to make up for the long dealy and lack of communication. All thebooks were packed well and were very nice copies, I would say they were very good to fine copies and I was defintelyhappy with them. So it appears that he was true t his word and maybe he did nthave an unfortunate series of events that caused all the delays and his absence from the interent for over a month.
    This defintely had a happy ending and it seems he is a decent guy.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear the good news. Also, good on ya for letting us know he turned out to be on the level.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

namelessnpoor,
    Great to hear it all worked out well.
    By chance are any of the new acquisitions coming to the signing in VA?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    namelessnpoor,
    Probably not, they were mainly just UK 1st/1sts that i needed, nothing special. But with those finally here, I am down to only 3 more UK editions to have a complete 1st/1st collection of UK's to go with my US collection.
    Still not sure whats coming to VA ! I decide and then change my mind, then next thing you know I am back staring at my book case again trying to figure out wat to take. I get to bring 2 books, since my wife is accompaning me, and that makes it even harder. Got my 1st Gunslinger and 1st Carrie signed in DC. Keep goingback and forth between Salem's Lot, The Shining, Night Shift, The Stand. Still considering my 1st/1st Viking Gunslinger because then I would have a complete set of signed Gunslingers (I have signed 1st, 2nd, 3rd editions). Also been wanting a signed a Blaze ! So as you can see i really have no idea.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

namelessnpoor,
    Probably not, they were mainly just UK 1st/1sts that i needed, nothing special. But with those finally here, I am down to only 3 more UK editions to have a complete 1st/1st collection of UK's to go with my US collection.
    Still not sure whats coming to VA ! I decide and then change my mind, then next thing you know I am back staring at my book case again trying to figure out wat to take. I get to bring 2 books, since my wife is accompaning me, and that makes it even harder. Got my 1st Gunslinger and 1st Carrie signed in DC. Keep goingback and forth between Salem's Lot, The Shining, Night Shift, The Stand. Still considering my 1st/1st Viking Gunslinger because then I would have a complete set of signed Gunslingers (I have signed 1st, 2nd, 3rd editions). Also been wanting a signed a Blaze ! So as you can see i really have no idea.
    If you want my opinion based on what you just listed, also depending on condition.
    Seeing as how you already Carrie & Gunslinger, hands down "The Stand" & "Salem's Lot"

Also what 3 UK trade editions are you looking for?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

namelessnpoor,
    If you want my opinion based on what you just listed, also depending on condition.
    Seeing as how you already Carrie & Gunslinger, hands down "The Stand" & "Salem's Lot"

Also what 3 UK trade editions are you looking for?

Thanks for the advice, pretty sure Salem's Lot will be one of the 2.
    Looking forthe Expensive ones: Carrie, Night Shift and The Bachman Books (this one should be fairly easy to get and not to pricey)
    However the other 2, not sure when I will have the budget for those !

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

namelessnpoor,
    Ahem, my UK/US collection is complete!! You will love it when yours is as well!!!

(I am entitled to crow now and again, right????)

Glad it all worked out, my friend!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I didn't know you had a full set of UK 1sts already? When did you get the 'Big Ones'?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as "the big ones" I have all the DD UK editions except a bonafide "The Stand" and "Salem's Lot". I figure those two are almost unobtainable from my price perspective, but the others I have managed to acquire over the years. The Shining, The Bachman Books and Danse Macabre were the last three for me. Then I just "called it". Know what I mean?

I do have a full UK set of DT books, though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Save up and buy the ones you need! Nothing needed is ever too expensive.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Save up and buy the ones you need! Nothing needed is ever too expensive.
    Well, it appears in "your world" if you own it for a day, it's yours!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast