Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Life is a garden...dig it!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

We'll have lots of company in our Doom, though.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

what should i do:
    a buyer just informed me that the book i sent him is covered in ink...theres no way that is possible.
    I have never dealt with such a thing...what should i do? issue a refund? fight it out on ebay?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by demorgan View Post
    what should i do:
    a buyer just informed me that the book i sent him is covered in ink...theres no way that is possible.
    I have never dealt with such a thing...what should i do? issue a refund? fight it out on ebay?
    Ask for pictures. If the damage is actually there and it wasn't when you sent it, you might have a chance with an insurance claim from the shipping company.

Other than that, it would depend on the cost of the item. Let them send it back and refund them.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just the book or the outside of the package also?

I think its my fault. This is the first/last time i use newspaper along with bubble wrap. Im going to give a refund after i get it back.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Never, ever wrap a book in newspaper.
    Newspaper can make great padding, but if a person wraps the book tightly in newspaper, the ink from the newspaper will rub off and damage a book.
    I know for a fact, as I have been the recipient of a book signed by King that was stained on the top and bottom page edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Never, ever wrap a book in newspaper.
    Newspaper can make great padding, but if a person wraps the book tightly in newspaper, the ink from the newspaper will rub off and damage a book.
    I know for a fact, as I have been the recipient of a book signed by King that was stained on the top and bottom page edges.
    Yeah, I learned that lesson today. I have never used it in the past..usually use wrapping paper. The seller wanted a partial refund and the book...I decided that it wasnt worth fighting over. Gave the partial refund..even though the guy was rude after I told him that we could work it out...Just glad to get the situation resolved. Lesson learned..move on.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ooof...that's lame, but, right, lesson learned. Sounds silly to say, but it's better if it's your fault rather than the post office screwing it up.

Well, its lame that the person is over the top rude to someone that is trying to help them out.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

What did they say? What did they expect you to do?

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

some people are just unhappy assholes. there is no making them happy

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if he's been in this thread before as I haven't gone through and looked at everything but add Filip1 to the list of eBay sellers to avoid.

I paid $75 for a Paolo Bacigalupi book and I never got it and I waited 30 days like i usually do (no longer) and asked about it. He said he had another and would send it. I waited a week or two and asked and he said he forgot to send it and would send it. He sent me a usps number and it said it was delivered, but it never appeared at my house. Anyway he dragged me along for 2 months and eBay and Paypal would do nothing since the time to file a claim had expired.

I was ticked off, but I thought maybe it was just a screw up, that is until I saw today another forum member on Brian Keene's board who got screwed the same way and lost like $60 and never received the book either.

The weird thing is I had bought books from him in the past, but I guess if he doesn't have the book he'll still take your money and string you along until your screwed. He knows the system.

Avoid Filip1 like the plague.
    Geoff

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've bought some books from him in the past also with no problems. Weird...

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I've got some great deals from Filip1. I've made offers on 3 books at a time for prices I figured no way he would accept, and yet he did.

Sorry to hear a couple of others have had a bad go of it with him.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have had no problems with him!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    I don't know if he's been in this thread before as I haven't gone through and looked at everything but add Filip1 to the list of eBay sellers to avoid.

I paid $75 for a Paolo Bacigalupi book and I never got it and I waited 30 days like i usually do (no longer) and asked about it. He said he had another and would send it. I waited a week or two and asked and he said he forgot to send it and would send it. He sent me a usps number and it said it was delivered, but it never appeared at my house. Anyway he dragged me along for 2 months and eBay and Paypal would do nothing since the time to file a claim had expired.

I was ticked off, but I thought maybe it was just a screw up, that is until I saw today another forum member on Brian Keene's board who got screwed the same way and lost like $60 and never received the book either.

The weird thing is I had bought books from him in the past, but I guess if he doesn't have the book he'll still take your money and string you along until your screwed. He knows the system.

Avoid Filip1 like the plague.
    That sucks Geoff - have you tried sorting it out even though the PayPal claim period is over?

I've always had a great time dealing with Otto. Even within the last couple weeks we did a trade of books I was looking for with books he was looking for. I offered to pay the shipping both ways but he sent mine free of charge, and even sent them before he received mine.

Heres hoping you guys can work something out!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Same with me - I have bought at least 4 books from Otto over the past year and everything has gone smoothly.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Geoff, don't forget that you can still contest the charge from your credit card if that's what you used. I've done this before even though it was through Paypal and it worked.

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Geoff, don't forget that you can still contest the charge from your credit card if that's what you used. I've done this before even though it was through Paypal and it worked.

John
    Yea John, I actually tried to go through my credit card too, but they rejected my claim. And it's now been about 5 months so there's no hope.

And as stated above I've bought many books from Filip1 probably over the past 5 years and everything was fine, but all it took was me ordering a book he didn't have and he took my money. And as mentioned above it has happened to another person recently too.

Just buy at your own risk is all I'm saying. Personally I won't buy from him anymore. Screw me once and that's the only chance you get from me.
    Geoff

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I had a bad experience with him as well. He was selling heavily discounted copies of Knowing Darkness and he stated clearly in the descripition they were damaged, nicked or what have you. I was fine with that. I didn't have enough money for a brand new one and I was fine with a few bumps here and there. So I receive the book and it's missing the slipcase. WTF? I contacted him and his answer was that the description doesn't say the book comes with the slipcase. Well, it normally does and why would I even ask about the slipcase being included anyways? He uses a stock picture so it's not like he was forward about it. I would assume when I buy a book that it comes with a DJ, why was it wrong to assume that a book that comes IN a slipcase would come with one?

He doesn't do refunds so now I'm stock with a copy of the book w/o a slipcase. LAME.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think Filip1 hates Canadians. Maybe his wife ran off with one

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Geez, sorry to hear you two (and the other person) have had bad experiences with filip1. That sucks.

I've bought a few books from Otto over the past few years, never without a problem. I have noticed though that I have to read his descriptions closely, especially the last sentence or two in any long paragraph as that's where he puts important details.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    some people are just unhappy assholes. there is no making them happy
    That would be me.

Not me specifically, but I have been in this situation.

For example.....

Let's say a seller sends me a $100 book wrapped in brown paper. No cardboard box. No padding. Nothing. The book is damaged. If the seller offered to send me a full refund, I would still not be "happy".

Why not? Because now, due to the seller's carelesness, I have to pack the book, ship the book, and write a bunch of emails just to be back to where I was right before I sent payment over. My time has been wasted. And I can't get that back.

What makes me "happy" is when I get what I pay for, in the condition it was described.

I know I am coming across like a jerk here (it's late and I am tired and cranky), but I am serious in what I am saying. Do things right the first time, and everybody wins.

By the way, I actually received a $100 book as described above. I emailed the seller and never heard back form him.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry about that tippy. I meant to get back to you and let you know I cannot be held responsible for anything that the USPS does to the book while in transit. It was fine when I dropped it in the mailbox.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast