Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1732

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It was my one and only try at buying books on Amazon.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Amazon sucks on delivery at this time due to COVID. Pre ordered If It Bleeds only to find out today that they expect it to get delivered May 20 Order cancelled.
    Probably would have been banged up as hell too. Unless it was going to be your reading copy.
    You do not like getting a book in a box 12 times bigger than the book without an ounce of packing material?

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Amazon sucks on delivery at this time due to COVID. Pre ordered If It Bleeds only to find out today that they expect it to get delivered May 20 Order cancelled.
    Probably would have been banged up as hell too. Unless it was going to be your reading copy.
    You do not like getting a book in a box 12 times bigger than the book without an ounce of packing material?

That always s
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Hey, sometimes they also toss in a single Air Cushion or Air Pillow to keep the book company!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Hey, sometimes they also toss in a single Air Cushion or Air Pillow to keep the book company!

Brian
    That made me laugh, Brian. Even more insulting than empty. I played a game with them once when I ordered Brother in Trade PB. Just kept ordering Prime and sending them back until I got a perfect copy.

Seven times did the trick.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
    I believe air cushions are the standard with them. They included one with my outdoor gate hardware that I ordered. Sure glad it keep all those solid metal pieces from getting broke
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, mine is still marked as arriving on Thursday, but its status is not marked as shipped yet.

On mar 22, got notice new delivery date of apr 28,
    On Apr 5 got notice there was a delay, and they would send new delivery date
    On Apr 12, got notice new deliver date is apr 23.

website still indicates this date.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Short update about Spittlehouse: I had filed a report on actionfraud.police.uk, and received a reply from them a few days ago:

"I am sorry to hear you have been a victim of crime. Thank you for taking the time to report to Action Fraud. Your report has been sent to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) for review.

On this occasion, based on the information currently available, it has not been possible to identify a line of enquiry which a law enforcement organisation in the United Kingdom could pursue."

So that's that, Spittlehouse gets away with it. Oh well, lesson learned I guess, no biggie.
    Sorry to hear that, Vincent. He's a little, insufficient bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Short update about Spittlehouse: I had filed a report on actionfraud.police.uk, and received a reply from them a few days ago:

"I am sorry to hear you have been a victim of crime. Thank you for taking the time to report to Action Fraud. Your report has been sent to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) for review.

On this occasion, based on the information currently available, it has not been possible to identify a line of enquiry which a law enforcement organisation in the United Kingdom could pursue."

So that's that, Spittlehouse gets away with it. Oh well, lesson learned I guess, no biggie.
    That's awful. Sorry to hear that! I really appreciate you letting all of us know and he's now a marked man thanks to you. Not much of a silver lining, I know.
    Thanks guys!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Hmmm, mine is still marked as arriving on Thursday, but its status is not marked as shipped yet.

On mar 22, got notice new delivery date of apr 28,
    On Apr 5 got notice there was a delay, and they would send new delivery date
    On Apr 12, got notice new deliver date is apr 23.

website still indicates this date.
    Well, it actually shipped on apr 23, not arrived, scheduled to arrive on the 26th now.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if there is a way to block seeing a specific sellers items? There's this rare-book-cellar on ebay that spams a lot of tremendously overpriced King books every so often and I would love to just not be bothered to see them when he relists them. Unless Dreamcatcher 1/1s are $164.95 and I'm just being foolish.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to block seeing a specific sellers items? There's this rare-book-cellar on ebay that spams a lot of tremendously overpriced King books every so often and I would love to just not be bothered to see them when he relists them. Unless Dreamcatcher 1/1s are $164.95 and I'm just being foolish.
    You are not alone on the thought about this "cellar".

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Go under Advanced Search. Go to Sellers section, check box for "Only show items from:" and use drop down to select "Exclude" then put in the sellers IDs. I think you can enter more than one with a comma as the separator.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does that mean, I won't have to see anymore Zubar items

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    You can't simply block him. You can use the advanced search function and run your search excluding that seller. Save the search and it will appear in your saved searches list effectively blocking the seller.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    That would be a crying shame.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    That would be a crying shame.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday, for the first time ever, I requested a refund for a SK-related purchase from an eBay seller. It was inexpensive (less than $200 including tax and shipping) so I won't be torn up if I don't get a refund. But I am upset that I now have to go through hassle of repacking, make arrangements for posting the parcel and generally wasting my time because the seller was not honest with the description of the item. They had hundreds and hundreds of 100% positive remarks. So I trusted the seller.

They described a lot (MPP unsigned) as Near Mint to Mint and showed pictures that one would believe that the lot was actually as described. I was really excited to get this copy bc I needed the slipcase for one of my inscribed copies. But when I unwrapped the bubble wrap, I immediately noticed soiling on the bottom of the slipcase. The soiling was also present on the top. The corners were beginning to fray and one was already slightly torn. I was upset and angry. Did they think a buyer would overlook that? Or is that their understanding of a description of NM/M?

I've been fortunate in my eBay dealings to date. I've been happy that all of the SK books I've bought have been as advertised. But I just don't understand how anyone could try to pawn off a book like this and think they would be successful. I'll know within a week what the result will be. Hoping for the best but not holding my breath.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure ebay will rule in your favor. Presuming they do, you can use ebay to print the shipping label (which when delivered to the seller triggers ebay to refund you).

Country
    Country Flag

The biggest hassle is returning the item but all my returns have been successful. I don't think you'll have a problem getting your money back.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Yesterday, for the first time ever, I requested a refund for a SK-related purchase from an eBay seller. It was inexpensive (less than $200 including tax and shipping) so I won't be torn up if I don't get a refund. But I am upset that I now have to go through hassle of repacking, make arrangements for posting the parcel and generally wasting my time because the seller was not honest with the description of the item. They had hundreds and hundreds of 100% positive remarks. So I trusted the seller.

They described a lot (MPP unsigned) as Near Mint to Mint and showed pictures that one would believe that the lot was actually as described. I was really excited to get this copy bc I needed the slipcase for one of my inscribed copies. But when I unwrapped the bubble wrap, I immediately noticed soiling on the bottom of the slipcase. The soiling was also present on the top. The corners were beginning to fray and one was already slightly torn. I was upset and angry. Did they think a buyer would overlook that? Or is that their understanding of a description of NM/M?

I've been fortunate in my eBay dealings to date. I've been happy that all of the SK books I've bought have been as advertised. But I just don't understand how anyone could try to pawn off a book like this and think they would be successful. I'll know within a week what the result will be. Hoping for the best but not holding my breath.

John
    You’re lucky it’s only happened once, John! A lot of sellers on eBay don’t know how to accurately describe condition. I’ve had to return quite a few books over the years, and I DESPISE having to do it because of wrong, sloppy, or deceptive condition description. It is a hassle that’s 100% avoidable if the seller is honest and knows what they’re doing. But that’s one of the only benefits of eBay, if you get something that isn’t as described, eBay reliably sides with the buyer. I’ve never had eBay reject an ‘item not as described’ case. Of course, that’s also one of the problems with eBay from a sellers perspective. Nothing is worse than being honest and knowing what you’re doing, only to have some eBay scammer fuck you over by purposefully working the eBay buyer protection policies.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

As a co-ink-a-dental, I bought what was pictured as a signed Harlan Ellison book on E-Bay about a month ago, was sent an unsigned trade edition in a very flimsy package, had to wait three weeks (because of the virus slowdowns) for an ink cartridge for my printer to print a return label, although I was still well within the return window, printed the label, took the package to the post office last week, and had it put in my mailbox yesterday, although it was clearly addressed to the original sender!

Now I have to go back to the post office tomorrow to straighten it out all over again, and I have until the 20th to return it! It's less than 40 bucks, but what a hassle.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post

John

This is a sore subject to me.....especially if it is related to damage occurring due to poor packaging.

Many sellers think that when the have given you your money back....you are indemnified (hey kids....that's the secret word of the day)....but you are not. The hassle of filing the claim, sending pictures, repacking and shipping the book back...possibly a trip to the post office....and then tracking it and badgering them for your refund......all of which could have been avoided if they had either packed (or in your case) described the item correctly. ...is a waste of your valuable time.

I think ebay needs to implement a "Douchebag Penalty Fee" where the buyer gets paid $10 when this happens.

Sorry for the language folks....I'm in a snit today.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Sorry for the language folks....I'm in a snit today.
    No need to worry. Most members aren't offended. For the internet it's very tame.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome’s avatar’s as of late are disturbing. The new one is also.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast