Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1732

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Vicious part of me says: David has friends in many places, I'm sure if he doxxed the shipping addresses visits could be arranged. Fatalistic part of me heavy sighs and says this is why we can't have nice things.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    But that book may not appear online for sale for years. Nor ever.
    eg that Slinger that was *lost* in shipping on David

I guess that it's a lot easier to David to ship before payment, when dealing with dozens / hundreds of sells at a time, but it creates situation like this.
    I would really encourage David not to send before having the money. And I think that this is absolutely fair. Most people do that, and there is no reason to get upset at that
    I agree. As a consumer, I am always willing to pay in order to have the goods sent to me. It seems to be the natural order of a purchase. Most do it that way here via PayPal F/F.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

It’s crazy how some folks are wired. I would never even think to have David ship without payment and then not pay. I haven’t been lucky enough (or fast enough) to get something from these consignments, but if it suddenly showed up my first thought would be “oh, I didn’t even pay yet, where do I send payment”. It may be a pain for him, but he needs to get money up front before sending product. That will keep these idiots from doing it again hopefully.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    It’s crazy how some folks are wired. I would never even think to have David ship without payment and then not pay. I haven’t been lucky enough (or fast enough) to get something from these consignments, but if it suddenly showed up my first thought would be “oh, I didn’t even pay yet, where do I send payment”. It may be a pain for him, but he needs to get money up front before sending product. That will keep these idiots from doing it again hopefully.
    Agreed. I have never had him ship me a thing without his cash first. AND I make sure I pay him so Horst get charged fees. Damm near 3% or more on all platforms AND this guy operates at a 15% margin. Plus his storage, packing materials and time. Losing this money hurts when your margins are that low.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Vicious part of me says: David has friends in many places, I'm sure if he doxxed the shipping addresses visits could be arranged...
    3-7-77
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    AVOID:

Lenny Adamson - Marblehead MA
    Sam Hanscom Salem MA
    John Carr (also Salem MA)

Sam and John are same person I believe (at same Salem address)....I know I do biz basackwards and ship before payment (it is the Midwest boy in me and my character flaw to please people)...but I've been stiffed twice now (and not a small amount either)...99%+ of my customers are wonderful, but those mentioned above have disappeared without paying me.
    I seriously would kick someones ass for David.
    100%
    Occasionally I’ve shipped to other collectors that I don’t know really well as an act of faith while waiting for payment. I haven’t been burned and it really angers me that our brother David has. So save me a seat on the road trip, boys!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

You really have to be some sort of sociopath do that to someone. If karma exists, let it find them.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    You really have to be some sort of sociopath do that to someone. If karma exists, let it find them.
    But more so to a kind man. That's what pisses me off. Scam me. Cool, I get it. Don't scam him.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Add davidmcdphotos on ebay to the list.

On Aug 4th I won an auction for a 1/150 Colorado Kid and an ARC for it. The seller was from Canada but it indicated international shipping.

Within a minute of winning the auction I went to pay for it and got an error that seller won't ship to Texas. The message indicated I could either change the address, or request a total from the seller. I tried to request the total but ebay said it could not send the message.

So I used the contact seller button and told him that I got the error message, and he replied back that he was "absolutely prepared to ship to Texas" and asked that I contact CS. He also suggested that I pay directly to his paypal account, but I felt nervous about that. I then contacted CS. They said there was an error on his end, that he forgot to check some box (I don't know the details, since I have never sold on ebay). They told me to ask him to cancel the order and set up a buy it now action for me, but since I got it for a good price I was affaid he might try to just start another auction.

I emailed him and suggested that I pay the paypal, but I still needed to know the shipping cost. He came back with a very hostile message. He claimed he called CS and they told him the error was on my end that I didn't set up my payment properly (It never got to payment, was still stuck on shipping address). He called me a deadbeat and a fraud and was going to video tape the packing so I couldn't claim it came damaged and . At this time the auction had ended only 9hrs earlier.

I contacted CS again (this time via chat so I could have a log of the conversation). The said that all he needed to do was send me a "manual invoice". I replied back and asked why he was being so hostile and gave him the info from CS and included screenshots of the error messages and the CS chat log.

He replied back the next night and apologized explaining he had been out of work for a year and others had scammed him. He said he would try to send the invoice in the morning (that would have been Aug 7). That is the last I heard of him. Sent a reminder about 3 days ago. Contacted CS again, and they just said I should cancel the item and look for another one.

I even tried to do him a favor. Although I won two books, I was only interested in one, and only bid what I was willing to pay for that one book, so I told him he could keep the ARC since I don't collect them.

So do you think I should cancel it, or just let it ride in case he finally responds?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cancel.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cancel. Im with RF.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Cancel
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks, I will cancel.

Anyone know how to cancel the item?

I only see :

Pay now button,
    View seller's other items
    More actions -> Request total
    Mark as payment sent
    Leave feedback
    Contact seller
    Return this item
    I didn't receive it
    View similar items
    Sell this item
    Save this seller
    Hide item
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    thanks, I will cancel.

I only see :

Pay now button,
    Mark as payment sent
    Leave feedback
    Contact seller
    Return this item
    I didn't receive it
    View similar items
    Sell this item
    Save this seller
    Hide item
    Not sure if you are using a mobile device, I have learned that some things can't be done unless you are in the full site and not the mobile version. Had the same issue trying to do some things on PayPal. Certain things were only avaliable on the full site

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    thanks, I will cancel.

I only see :

Pay now button,
    Mark as payment sent
    Leave feedback
    Contact seller
    Return this item
    I didn't receive it
    View similar items
    Sell this item
    Save this seller
    Hide item
    Not sure if you are using a mobile device, I have learned that some things can't be done unless you are in the full site and not the mobile version. Had the same issue trying to do some things on PayPal. Certain things were only avaliable on the full site
    After reading some FAQ's, sounds like only way is to contact seller and ask them to cancel. Seems stupid.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Traveler 2ndGenFan will become famous soon enough 2ndGenFan will become famous soon enough 2ndGenFan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I won an auction for the orange and yellow “leather bound” version of The Stand, sold by keifo_65, on 9/22. I remembered seeing that if I bid on the item, shipping would be delayed, so I wasn’t too concerned that it was taking awhile to ship. Two and a half weeks later, on 10/9, I was sent a refund.

Since the seller had never contacted me once, I was irritated and sent a snarky comment about how I’d at least be inclined to offer an explanation if I had to issue a buyer a refund. I got a reply that said, “Well you got your money back. Piss off.”

Now, sure, I probably opened myself up for that one...however, I’d be more inclined - as a seller - to be a bit more professional. For a $21 purchase (that I DID get back), I wasn’t screwed over or anything, but I thought I’d throw the name out there so that everyone’s warned before dealing with this person. Personally, I prefer to treat buyers the way I’d want to be treated.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody else that buyers should be aware of?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did not think that a long time member here would steal from another member but unfortunately it has happened to me. In the interest of protecting other members I wanted to mention it. After receiving a book from him (Cook), that did not meet the F or NF criteria due to obvious fading/browning to the dustjacket, I promptly let him know and paid the post to return it. The member decided to refuse my refund and keep my money. He even said if I gave him $8 he would send the book back to me or "otherwise quit bothering me." Here is a pic below that I showed him to illustrate the obvious discoloration compared to my, already slightly browning copy. I Just simply wanted my money back and did not even hesitate to pay shipping on the return.

I ALWAYS want to make sure any buyer is happy with what I sell them so was obviously stunned by the theft. The book collecting world is tiny so trust and honesty is a big deal to most of us. Be careful on here and I think most of us assumed we had a safe buying space. Sad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did not think that a long time member here would steal from another member but unfortunately it has happened to me. In the interest of protecting other members I wanted to mention it. After receiving a book from him (Cook), that did not meet the F or NF criteria due to obvious fading/browning to the dustjacket, I promptly let him know and paid the post to return it. The member decided to refuse my refund and keep my money. He even said if I gave him $8 he would send the book back to me or "otherwise quit bothering me." Here is a pic below that I showed him to illustrate the obvious discoloration compared to my, already slightly browning copy. I Just simply wanted my money back and did not even hesitate to pay shipping on the return.

I ALWAYS want to make sure any buyer is happy with what I sell them so was obviously stunned by the theft. The book collecting world is tiny so trust and honesty is a big deal to most of us. Be careful on here and I think most of us assumed we had a safe buying space. Sad.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

Would help others to not be ripped off if we knew who the person was?

Country
    Country Flag

Indeed. It is In the message.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Indeed. It is In the message.

Sure is...sorry. Read that thing twice and missed it twice.
    Thank you.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol,
    It's not my fault that you're an ignorant rude dumbass, you should probably tell the whole story.. what a tool.

Like I said, pay me for shipping and I will send you your book back, you own it.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely told the whole story. More Pics above that show the fading I referred to . Helps illustrate my point. Perfect. Stealing money from a collector is the rough part. Like I said. Sad.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've noticed some people can be more generous in the grading of a book. For myself if someone is unhappy with something I sell, I'll refund them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast