Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1732

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    I've noticed some people can be more generous in the grading of a book. For myself if someone is unhappy with something I sell, I'll refund them.
    Could not agree more. I want people to be happy with the book. I love knowing the new owner will cherish it. Definitely could not imagine stealing from a fellow collector.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't get it, if you were willing to pay for return shipping why wouldn't he just refund you and then return the book? Seems like pretty common selling etiquette.

For whatever reason, if anyone has a problem with something I sold them I always try to work things out in civil manner. Assuming no details were left out, this is a pretty scummy thing to do.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I don't get it, if you were willing to pay for return shipping why wouldn't he just refund you and then return the book? Seems like pretty common selling etiquette.

For whatever reason, if anyone has a problem with something I sold them I always try to work things out in civil manner. Assuming no details were left out, this is a pretty scummy thing to do.
    Good point. And I actually did pay for shipping and send the book back. Then he ghosted me for two weeks after he got it. After 3 messages and emails found out he was stealing the money. Said I could send him $8 and he would ship the book I already showed as flawed back to me? Weird.

On a lighter note, Eric. You have obviously been doing the right things. It has been fun seeing you slowly gain the trust of collectors, treat people well, and sell a lot of books. Have heard good things. Congrats.
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree Eric, I understand "buyer beware", but as a (comparatively smalltime) seller myself I've been on both sides of this same situation. IMO not returning the book is just short-sighted. You may keep the money but loose out on many possible future deals. Just doesn't make sense.
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cook, is generally a solid seller in my experience. Very fair individual. I suspect there is more to the story than is relayed here.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Cook, is generally a solid seller in my experience. Very fair individual. I suspect there is more to the story than is relayed here.
    Fantastic that he has been generally a solid seller in your experience but does not change anything I have said. And your suspicion is not correct unfortunately. His only defense has been:

"Lol,

It's not my fault that you're an ignorant rude dumbass, you should probably tell the whole story.. what a tool."

And:

"Like I said, pay me for shipping and I will send you your book back, you own it."

Followed by more pics I sent him supporting the fading I claimed in the first place that to him, apparently is the "whole story" Confused on that.

That was his defense on another thread here.
    Doesn't really sound like a fair individual.

I was not satisfied with book (for obvious reasons shown in pics), paid return shipping, sent it back to him, he has book (which i do not want), and has kept my money. All facts.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Fantastic that he has been generally a solid seller in your experience but does not change anything I have said. And your suspicion is not correct unfortunately. His only defense has been:

"Lol,

It's not my fault that you're an ignorant rude dumbass, you should probably tell the whole story.. what a tool."

And:

"Like I said, pay me for shipping and I will send you your book back, you own it."

Followed by more pics I sent him supporting the fading I claimed in the first place.

That was his defense on another thread here.
    Doesn't really sound like a fair individual.

I was not satisfied with book (for obvious reasons), paid return shipping, sent it back to him, he has book (which i do not want), and has kept my money. All facts.

I have dealt with Cook many times. He is old school but always done me right. Saying this..... what I am seeing is flat out wrong. I sell A LOT of books. Many of you know this. FOR ANY REASON (and I dont care what it is) you can return a book. I took one back last week cause the girl didn't clic on the pics and see the damage... or read the whole post where it stated the issues... BUT I took it back. I even paid her shipping both ways. Why? She will come to me for life. Has thanked me profusely. Im at a loss here why Richard is doing this to you and I am saddened to ready it about a long time member and guy I have worked with many times. The mark of a great business / company is how they handle these issues. I pride myself in this and the others that do? Succeed as well. I hope this works out but at this point you are owed both book/shipping cost and a public apology.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I realized I forgot to post this here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Lol,
    It's not my fault that you're an ignorant rude dumbass, you should probably tell the whole story.. what a tool.

Like I said, pay me for shipping and I will send you your book back, you own it.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Above pics definitely show issues well. Perfect. Extreme fading to jacket flaps. Slight fading to white areas of cover and back photo.

Just reasonably want refund.
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For the record, just how many threads and posts do you intend to carry on about this issue? If Rich told you to fuck off I am sure it was for good reason. My own past dealings with you as a seller were not exactly pleasant. You can ve a bit harsh and unreasonable at times, dude.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

For the record, just how many threads and posts do you intend to carry on about this issue? If Rich told you to fuck off I am sure it was for good reason. My own past dealings with you as a seller were not exactly pleasant. You can ve a bit harsh and unreasonable at times, dude.
    What specific incident are you referring to where i was not pleasant or reasonable? Must have not been very traumatic if you didn't mention it in your first uninformed post. Has Cook stated a good reason? He has had plenty of opportunity.
    I put it on three threads. The buy/sell threads. To protect buyers from theft. Completely reasonable.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point. And I actually did pay for shipping and send the book back. Then he ghosted me for two weeks after he got it. After 3 messages and emails found out he was stealing the money. Said I could send him $8 and he would ship the book I already showed as flawed back to me? Weird.

On a lighter note, Eric. You have obviously been doing the right things. It has been fun seeing you slowly gain the trust of collectors, treat people well, and sell a lot of books. Have heard good things. Congrats.
    Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.

As for Cook, I'm just curious why you're not willing to refund his money if he wasn't satisfied with the purchase and he's already sent it back to you? You've yet to give a clear answer on this.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Putting the selling/return/behavior discussion aside :

I am not really sure which of the two covers is faded. I guess it's the bottom one, that seem a bit more yellow.
    If there was no picture of two DJ put next to each other, and/or I didn't have a copy, I would argue that I wouldn't have known if there was an issue with the DJ. And guessed that it could very well have been what the DJ of this book look like.

Which doesnt mean that the buyer cannot change his mind or want to return the book. A totally different subject IMO, especially since I don't believe that a first edition of this novel is particularly valuable
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Traveler drewfin87 has a spectacular aura about drewfin87 has a spectacular aura about drewfin87 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

I am not really sure which of the two covers is faded. I guess it's the bottom one, that seem a bit more yellow.
    If there was no picture of two DJ put next to each other, and/or I didn't have a copy, I would argue that I wouldn't have known if there was an issue with the DJ. And guessed that it could very well have been what the DJ of this book look like.

Which doesnt mean that the buyer cannot change his mind or want to return the book. A totally different subject IMO, especially since I don't believe that a first edition of this novel is particularly valuable
    I agree, was it a signed Tommyknockers? Or just a first edition? Because a first edition is worth like $15…Especially if you already have a copy, I don’t believe it is an issue to lose sleep over.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have time this weekend to respond to all the trashing & accusations, otherwise folks carry on.
    (regarding the "TOMMY" heist)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

But we do have pics to compare which makes the issue obvious in this case. A seller may not think a dust jacket is damaged from fading/yellowing but if you find out it is, be humble and honest with the new information, and make it right. Right?

And regarding the value? It is the principal, obviously.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by drewfin87 View Post

I agree, was it a signed Tommyknockers? Or just a first edition? Because a first edition is worth like $15…Especially if you already have a copy, I don’t believe it is an issue to lose sleep over.
    It wasn't $15. And it is the principal of the thing regarding getting ripped off .

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

I'll have time this weekend to respond to all the trashing & accusations, otherwise folks carry on.
    Why wait the weekend to simply state why you justify keeping my money? Should take one sentence. Sent me the book, I wasn't satisfied for obvious reasons, messaged you regarding issue, paid return shipping, sent book back, and you ghosted me and kept money. Those are the facts. You are refusing to pay me back because?

And it is not The "Tommy" Heist. It's money. You stole Money.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Oh don't drag me into this, I'm already depressed enough!!

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Why wait the weekend to simply state why you justify keeping my money? Should take one sentence. Sent me the book, I wasn't satisfied for obvious reasons, messaged you regarding issue, paid return shipping, sent book back, and you ghosted me and kept money. Those are the facts. You are refusing to pay me back because?

Jesus Christ!!! You do go on don't you?? At this point, PM me an address and I'll send you the money just to get you to STFU!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, below are the posts of our transaction:

02-02-2022 04:42 PM
    (Bryan posted)
    Hopefully I can get some help. SEEKING F or NF copies of
    Different Seasons, Danse Macabre, and Tommyknockers (gold font) U.S. firsts.

02-03-2022 09:35 AM
    (Cook posted) also (posted cover pic on DT.org)
    Bryan,
    I have an extra Goldleaf Font TommyKnockers NF (gold looks subdued thru dustjacket) it's real. PM offer if you want it, please let me know if you don't.
    Thanks

02-03-2022 10:33 AM
    (Bryan posted)
    Hey Richard,
    Hope you are well. Thanks for contacting me.. May I ask what flaws it has?
    Thanks a lot,
    Bryan

02-03-2022 10:33 AM
    **(Cook posted)**
    Bryan,
    I sorta assumed you were "mostly" looking for a gold intact Jacket. yes? No?
    The books themselves are really a dime a dozen. Nice gold intact jackets are whats hard to find
    Anyways.. the book itself has no bumped corners, no stamps, stickers or writing of any kind, appears unread.. although I can guarantee that. (not the 1st owner)
    Jacket has a brodart, appears undamaged thru brodart, gold looks exceptional.
    In today's market I would grade as an overall NF.
    Richard

02-03-2022 11:10 AM
    (Bryan posted)
    Cool. Can we do $35 shipped? I'm in California.
    If that is ok I can send it p.p. What is your paypal email ?
    Bryan Humphreys
    XXX W. Xth St.
    XXXXXX ca 95XXX

02-03-2022 12:10 PM
    (Cook posted)
    Bryan,
    best I can do is 58 shipped.
    I'm pretty sure they'll have some on ebay in the 35 range.
    Richard

02-03-2022 11:13 AM
    (Bryan posted)
    I can do $58. P.P. ?
    Thanks,
    Bryan

So kingfan2323, exactly, how did I steal your money?

Country
    Country Flag

EASY
    "Jacket has a brodart, appears undamaged thru brodart, gold looks exceptional."

Jacket is damaged. Not undamaged. Every honest person can see that.

* Buyer not satisfied with book, you should refund their money. *

You left out stuff and order is wrong. But doesn't matter..

I paid for return shipping and returned book to you and you refuse to refund me and are keeping my money. You are a thief. EVERY single objective, honest person can see that and deal with you at their own risk.
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

EASY

You refuse to refund me. And to keep my money. You are a thief. EVERY single objective, honest person can see that and deal with you at their own risk.

"What stuff" "What Order is wrong" it does matter.

Country
    Country Flag

EASY

You refuse to refund me. And to keep my money. You are a thief. EVERY single objective, honest person can see that and deal with you at their own risk.

"What stuff" "What Order is wrong" it does matter.
    Well for starters. . . The message where you clearly admit the browning is an issue (attached pic). You are asking my hypothesis on what? Oh yeah. . . the clear browning/yellowing of dust jacket. No need to ask any opinion on what is clear to anyone or hypothesize on what makes white paper products turn brown. And the messages i sent to you for two weeks that you ignored and you kept the money and book. But this is what matters:

If a buyer is not satisfied, and returned book, then refund their money.

I paid for return shipping and returned book to you and you refuse to refund me and are keeping my money. You are a thief. EVERY single objective, honest person can see that and deal with you at their own risk.

Done.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast