Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Keystone World *DT7 spoilers*

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Not to mention the fact that it parallels the staircase inside the tower, which is also spiral.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

(That is, in fact, something I would have never noticed - bears don't pay much attention to descriptions)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay. I merge this thread with our other Keystone thread. I hope you don't mind it much. See you all there.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler Galdaran is on a distinguished road Galdaran's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Mid-World is important because is where the embodiment of Gan are. And the Keystone world is where the "voice" of Gan lives, maintain and creates another worlds. That could explain why Roland's World and Keystone World are twins. They have same importance, and are beyond the "normal worlds".
    Cloto and Laquesis says the short-time beings (we) lives in the two first floors of the Tower. Maybe Roland's World it's in the first floor, and the Keystone World is in the top of the second, creating the solid base of the Dark Tower.

About Kas-ka Gan:
    I believe that the voice of Gan changes of host when the last one dies, and this host have to belong to The Purpose, and that's why the ka-tet have to protect Stephen King, to not let the random cut his "Ballon string". May that "Living Voice" only exists in the Keystone World, never in another worlds, that would make it so special.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch012 View Post
    roland's world is a keystone world an there is no going back in time right?

so am i stupid for thinking that this one law completely negates the book's ending? and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere..
    I don't think Roland went back in time. He advanced to a different level of the Tower (in an Insomnia sense). He is transported both to a new time and a new place. He's not the same person we met on page one of The Gunslinger. Roland 2.0 (or 19.0 or 119.0).
    King had put himself into a double-bind, though: either Roland went back in time within the Tower Keystone world, proving that the past can be changed, or he went to a new place / different level, proving that there is more than one Tower.

Gunslinger Apprentice boq is on a distinguished road boq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, surely there's only The Dark Tower. One. How does King describe it?... the axle/pivot of all time/space/size.
    It's represented in different worlds in different ways (a rose for example) but is not accessible from all worlds.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a basic paradox in the idea of a multiverse, or even the concept of the universe, or any grouping of units regarded as a singular unit unto itself. (Many as one, or possibly one from many.) Many implications in that regarding ontological issues, certainly as relates to TDT and various related issues of its mythos.

As far as the concept goes, though, it's perfectly sensible to equate the Tower with higher oneness. What I was talking about was just the smaller claim, made in DT7, that there is only one world in which that Tower appears as (i.e. is represented, to use your term) an actual tower.

Still, inevitably, it all will come back to how we define "a world" or distinguish many worlds, and all worlds, and reality as a fundamental concept.

Traveler Pedro97 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    What is the Keystone World, and why is it significant? There's a passing comment that is bothersome to me in DT VII, "this is the only world which anything matters, at least in some significant way" I guess its just more reader naivete, but this is really bothering me. Keystone World represents the difference between Co-Op City (Eddie's where) and Brooklyn (the "real one"). This is empirical evidence (at least within the tale) and suggests that it isn't just a case of reader naivete in regards to time only moving one way. Clear disparity between realities in my opinion.

Okay, your thoughts.
    Eddie, Jake and Susannah come from a similar version of our Earth, since Eddie mentions the shining movie in DTII. And this is where the they confront Andolini for the first time.
    Keystone Earth is another version of Earth with some differences, in this version King exists as a character but he is merely a person who canalizes the events of the Dark Tower series and parallel-earths and then writes them down.
    Then there is another version of Earth, in which the majority of King's work takes place where Father Callahan comes from.

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro97
    Eddie, Jake and Susannah come from a similar version of our Earth, since Eddie mentions the shining movie in DTII. And this is where the they confront Andolini for the first time.
    I'm not sure if Eddie's mention of The Shining as a film can be used to draw any definite conclusions. Gardener in The Tommyknockers also mentions the film – at one point he considers smashing through a door with an axe 'like Jack Nicholson in The Shining'. This has never really made sense to me – Pennywise makes a brief appearance in The Tommyknockers, meaning that it takes place in the same universe as IT, which features a brief appearance from Dick Hallorann, meaning that The Tommyknockers and The Shining take place within the same universe. Perhaps Danny Torrance grew up and wrote a book about what happened in the Overlook – possibly publishing it in novel form – and then sold the rights to a film producer or something? A shaky explanation, but it's the only way I can think of that the film could exist as a work of fiction within the universe of the book.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

If you go to the Library of Congress and memorize the titles of all contemporary novels every few weeks, and that list does not contain anything more coincidental and surreal than you can possibly accept, (or no such thing that you notice) and it stays consistent, it doesn't waver like the contents of a dream, (or doesn't seem to relative to what your own mind can retain) then you might take that experience as a fairly good sign that you are not at all an imaginary character in someone else's novel. (Or at least, not by someone too wildly imaginative.)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Senseorasia View Post
    just registered here and wanna say hi you all.

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Othexttic View Post
    It is remarkable, rather valuable message
    You, two. Yes, you. You have 48 hours to prove you're not spammers.

Or else.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseorasia View Post
    just registered here and wanna say hi you all.

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Othexttic View Post
    It is remarkable, rather valuable message
    You, two. Yes, you. You have 48 hours to prove you're not spammers.

Or else.
    Go get 'em, Jean!!!

You're Bad-ass!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4