Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Best Movie of All Time Tournament - Nominations

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry everyone, tried to get new brackets up the other night but I couldn't access this movie forum for some reason and didn't even look at my computer yesterday. I'll be on later tonight with the tie breakers and new brackets will be up tomorrow.

....I forgot the face of my father lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Tie breakers are up. If a mod could unstickey those threads (non-tiebreaker) already up I'll post the new ones tonight at some point.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you gonna post the bracket that advanced?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So, is that all of the current brackets you want unstickied? I will probably just move them to the clearing if we're done with them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, just leave the tie breakers until I'm done with them. I'll post the new brackets when there is some space freed.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello? Mattrick? Are you out there?

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Cant wait for the next round!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

matt,
    how many movies are left in the poll? I know we started with 128 but have we completed the first round?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I don't think so, I know there's still movies that were nominated that haven't made it into a poll yet.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

ok, cool... I derive a perverse pleasure from the whole poll thing... and it is interesting to see the other opinions on the movie selections.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Because he has already released 12 groups with eight movies each that means that there are four groups left to be revealed in the first round.

The top finisher in each bracket so far (of course, there are three more movies from each):
    A1: Silence of the Lambs
    A2: Aliens (One of my nominations)
    C1: Pulp Fiction
    C2: Raiders of the Lost Ark
    B3: Kill Bill, Wizard of Oz, Braveheart (all three tied for first)
    B4: Vertigo
    D3: Fight Club
    D4: Forrest Gump
    A3*: Almost Famous
    A4*: The Lord of the Ring: Fellowship of the Ring (another of mine)
    C3*: Goodfellas
    C4*: Shawshank Redemption
    *These are not officially closed yet but are close to it.

That leaves B1, B2, D1 and D2 to be voted on.

I wonder if Mattrick is going to keep the letters together or the numbers. (For example, is it going to be Silence of the Lambs versus Aliens or is it going to be Silence of the Lambs versus Pulp Fiction?)

Also, I hate to brag but 8 of my 9 nominations that have appeared so far have advanced or are really close in a group that is still open for voting (Stand By Me). Now I just need Groundhog Day to make it 9 of 10. (The loser was Million Dollar Baby.)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking about Seeding them but the ties make that more difficult to do.

I've been contemplating how to do the next round as this round is sort of a round robin. I've still got a week to think about it.

I Think current polls are closed so I should be putting up the final four brackets for this round and then we're down to 64 movies.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Excelleeeeent.....

[/Mr. Burns]

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post

The last set of polls have been closed a few days.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry everyone. I'm experiencing a bit of a healthy issue right now. Benign Paroxymal Positional Vertigo...it's caused by a build up of calcium stones in the inner ear. Essentially, when they move it sends false signals to the brain we causes vertigo and short bursts. Well, I've felt pretty out of it and almost constantly nauseaus for days.

Hopefully I can have this cleared up in a few days. If anyone would like to put it all together for me, I'll PM the brackets to them...I'm too out of it to want to do it all right now.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That Sux ! hope you are feeling better soon. vertigo is a bitch... Never had it but know a few people who have and I dont want any part of it...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Vertigo sucks, but it's a great movie.

Hope you feel better Mattrick

Country
    Country Flag

I also hope you feel better.

I am tempted to take the reigns of the tournament but I am swamped at work right now and I don't think I will have the time or energy.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, I'll be taking over the tournament for now until Mattrick is 100%.

I'll be posting the remaining brackets soon.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I moved all of the closed polls to the clearing.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Usual Suspects and Reservoir Dogs if they're not already on. I didn't see em when I looked.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oops I totally missed that the tournament has started already. My bad.

Country
    Country Flag

The last set of polls have been closed a few days.
    HHMMMM, seems Mattrick has forgot about us again. I hope he isn't ill again.

Based on the way the first four polls of the second round have gone I already know what most of the pairings will be for the seocnd round (except where there were ties) so I already know who I am picking in most cases. That makes me even more antsy to see what everyone else will pick, say for example when Unforgiven meets Die Hard or when The Empire Strikes Back meets The Green Mile.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry everyone, a situation arose with my girlfriend and long story short, she just moved in with my so I've been a little caught up all weekend, this is the first time I've even looked at my computer. I'll be on at sometime tomorrow and should get on often enough the rest of the time. It's 4 am and I'm tired now.

Gunslinger Apprentice devo133 is on a distinguished road devo133's Avatar

A question, what happened to Vertigo? I remember it won a bracket but then I can't find it anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast