Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How did the Horn get to Roland?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • He himself picked it up.

65 48.51%
  • It was "a present" or something from Gan.

49 36.57%
  • He just found it over there.

2 1.49%
  • Something else.

11 8.21%
  • I have no idea.

7 5.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: So the Horn... hey, let's stop for a sec

Along the Path of the Beam Doe is on a distinguished road Doe's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont think He repeating his journey from the desert, well yes he is, but not exactly, I believe he is repeating his journey from Jericho Hill, I seem to remember (but correct me if im wrong) Roland always stated that his Quest and Obsession to reach the Dark Tower, started after Jericho Hill. So, I think that he started the quest from the desert, but his past was different, changed, due to the last loop in his quest changing him.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think he always starts at the Mohain desert, but yes, it's likely his past was changed.* (Which isn't the same as saying he was sent back then.)

*Or just his memory, maybe. I like the idea his past itself was changed though. Roland does state in an earlier book that even the past is in flux in his world. (He doesn't use those exact words. I'm not sure 'flux' is in his vocabulary.)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    ...it's likely his past was changed.* (Which isn't the same as saying he was sent back then.) ...
    Fine distinction. I'm not so sure that's really different.

Traveler Albert Toledo is on a distinguished road Albert Toledo's Avatar

Love the series and the ending.

I think the loop just shows the cross the gunslinger must carry for eternity. Death, but not for you gunslinger, never for you. He is destined to wander the path forever, being a good/white force in deadly opposition to the bad/red force. Roland is the Ying to the Yang and must always loop forever to protect us and he must grudgingly bear this heavy burden.

As for the Horn of Eld. That just shows that each level or life is different in some small way. I don't think the object is important just a glimmer of how and why there are many different realities. Also, on that note, I suspect the new Dart Tower movie is a continuation of the series. Instead of pissing us all off and not staying true to the series, King uses the next level/life to tell the saga. So when things aren't going the way they should according the books/Ka, the excuse is this is the next chapter in the loop. Don't be surprised when the movie starts off with Idris Elba holding the Horn of Eld.

Thanks for listening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11