Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to the Rockies home opener on Friday. First time I've ever been to a home opener, I'm PSYCHED!!!!!! jayson...seriously man, I'll send you a National League Champs T-shirt if you like. Yanno, it's what freinds are for.
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    jayson...seriously man, I'll send you a National League Champs T-shirt if you like. Yanno, it's what freinds are for.
    easier to say not having had to have actually played the mets bc of their admittedly colossal collapse. as of the first pitch yesterday, that's all history to me. i look fwd to seeing where this discussion ends up come october.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oooh, not good for UCLA or NC. Great games, though!

The wife and I filled in the brackets before the first game of the tourney. Ironically, I have Memphis winning the whole thing and she has Kansas!

Lots of fun in our house tonight!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn March Madness over took Monday Night RAW. A 9:15 start time pushed back to 12:30 is ridiculous.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post

The wife and I filled in the brackets before the first game of the tourney. Ironically, I have Memphis winning the whole thing and she has Kansas!

Bill you shoulda went with KU! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

I am a KU Alumni!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a buddy who goes to KU and he is not going to let me hear the end of this, EVER.

Now that the tourney is over, I believe I'll merge this with the melting pot Sports Thread. Unless anyone has any objections, that is.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post

Bill you shoulda went with KU! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

I am a KU Alumni!
    Ah hell, man! If I'd know you were an alumni, I would have sided with the missus and picked Kansas!

It was a great game!

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

MORNEAU!

Not that i would have minded Hamilton winning the Derby, but yaaaaay, Justin!
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    MORNEAU!

Good for him indeed, but Hamilton was certainly the story. 28 in one round is just insane.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

I felt a little bad for the other guys. Their numbers were actually okay but after Hamilton came up, they looked like a bunch of chumps.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    MORNEAU!

Good for him indeed, but Hamilton was certainly the story. 28 in one round is just insane.

It's not just the 28 in one round - it's the back story of his addictions and the fact that three of his dingers were in the top ten of all time for distance. The man can simply knock the snot outta the ball!

Has anyone looked at the lineup for the AL Team in tonights All-Star game?
    • Ichiro
    • Jeter
    • Hamilton
    • A-Rod
    • Manny
    • Milton Bradley
    • Youklis
    • Mauer
    • Pedroia

Awesome!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    It's not just the 28 in one round - it's the back story of his addictions and the fact that three of his dingers were in the top ten of all time for distance. The man can simply knock the snot outta the ball!
    I agree, though 28 is impressive for anyone, recovering addict or no. It does add a nice element to the story to see this guy come out the other side of his troubles.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if anyone else was pulling for the National League but I sure was.
    And let me just say that I'm not sure if they would've won had Dan Uggla not fucked up so colossally but he certainly didn't help. I called him every name I could think of.

I can understand when a player has a bad game, that's forgivable. It happens to the best of 'em. But that was the All-Star Game. ALL-STAR as in awesome players.

I can't even get a winning team when it's made up of the best players in the whole fucking National League!
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Country
    Country Flag

So...guess I'm the only NL fan on the site?

-Shel Silverstein

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Pretty much. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    So...guess I'm the only NL fan on the site?
    Nope. Mets fan here. Def prefer the NL game to the AL game.

Country
    Country Flag

Praise you!

I'm an Astros fan, though living in Toronto I do end up cheering for the Jays.

Still, I'm a Houston fan first.

-Shel Silverstein

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Billy Wagner as THE CHOKE ARTIST.

The whole bullpen looks to be in full form right now. I'm not that worried about Wagner. He still saves many more games than he loses. If they get into the post-season, he'll have another shot at winning in the clutch situation. The Mets still need to find a new closer because Wagner is getting quite old and can't do it forever. They need to have a replacement ready to go. That said, as far as pitching goes, I'm more concerned about Pedro's frailty and when the hell Hernandez is coming back than I am about Wagner blowing a big save.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

What ya'll think of it? Better then the Barons. Blech.

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

What ya'll think of it? Better then the Barons. Blech.
    Thunder is indeed better than Barons. That said, I'm not crazy about the logo. I suppose they painted themselves into a corner on that one as there isn't really a good way to visually represent thunder, but it looks more like a logo for a basketball league with the word thunder printed on top of it.

Either way, good luck to Oklahoma City with your new franchise. Win or lose, you have Durant on your team and he will be fun to watch.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad you guys finally got a pro team Tel.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

My Mood
    Dead

Congrats, even though the name kinda sucks. Oh well, it was the best of the bunch.

I mean, what grown man wants to be on a team named the Energy?

I mean, what grown man wants to be on a team named the Energy?
    No doubt. That's much more of a WNBA sounding name (no offense to the WNBA, but they have the worst franchise names in sports).

Since we are talking about team names, I personally prefer names that relate somehow to the home city. For instance, the Tampa Bay hockey franchise is called the Lightning, which works as Tampa is known as the lightning capital of the world. On the other hand, the Jazz should have changed their name when they moved. It was perfectly suitable for New Orleans, but it's a bit ludicrous for Utah.

ps. I don't know much about Oklahoma, but I would suspect it gets it's fair share of thunder.

My Mood
    Dead

I thought it sounded WNBA-ish, too. That, and the chearleading dance team for the Bucks is called Energee. So yes, I have definite feminine associations with that name.

Yeah, they do get a lot of thunder, since they're in Tornado Alley.

I'm with you on the Jazz, and I'll add the Lakers to that list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast