Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: What would you do if everyone who answered the phone turn into a monster?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Run away and hide

21 30.88%
  • Take people's phones away from them

9 13.24%
  • Kill them

32 47.06%
  • Try to find a way to fix them

11 16.18%
  • Something else...

10 14.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cell (spoilers involved)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

:radioactive: Cell (spoilers involved)

I'm wondering what everyone thinks of the book The Cell and whether we can have a little bit of a what iffery going on? The poll will explain more...

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Alright so poll didn't work.

But here's the question anyway:

What would you do if everyone who answered the phone turn into a monster?

Run away and hide
    Take people's phones away from them
    Kill them
    Try to find a way to fix them
    Something else...

Let's discuss!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Liz, do you want me to add that poll?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

it's not The Cell, honey, just Cell.

and I'd call them to tell them not to answer their phone
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That always intrigued me about it because it seemed like it wasn't the who you called, just if you used it at all.

I'm really not a cell phone person at all because when I'm off--I'm off!

You can reach me at home on the land line.

But to answer the question. I believe in this day and age we are all so ready for some kind of zombie creating pulse (virus, meteor, monkey) that we are ready for just about anything.

Hole up, do some killing--get some supplies and then head out.

I think the bigger question in this book is about the idea of rebooting the human brain with a type of EMP. Can you imagine if Crichton wrote it?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would start calling all the people I did not like and let the braver people take care of them with my help

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Liz, do you want me to add that poll?
    If you would dear...

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    I would start calling all the people I did not like and let the braver people take care of them with my help
    and the second you checked to see if you had a tone you'd be one of those taken care of, honey.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I added the poll, with the option to vote (once) for more than one selection.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The option "kill them" means the people right?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have must compasion. I'd kill them

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I personally loved this book. I think its a great commentary on the current trends that I perceive as threatening in modernity- a continued reliance on technology which has become a theodicy in and of itself. This was one of my favorite recent King books. I really don't like zombies, and so I was really surprised about how much I dug this book. But, I guess its because its not really about zombies. In King's universe, I don't think the Amish would have any trouble, and that is who I want to emulate in this regard.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted kill them. Especially that dude in the Harvard shirt.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Yeah, fuck the guy in the harvard shirt.

My Mood
    Worried

Even if Stephen King himself had turned into one???

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd probably run away to start with, then I'd pick up a phone and call the police or ambulance service. If I was at home and could access the home phone, all well and good. If I used my mobile phone... well then I'd probably run out in the street and try to eat someone.

That's the beauty of that story isn't it? If something bad happens, one of the first things someone does is picks up their mobile (or cell phone in Americanese) and the it's gotcha. My answer was given with the assumption that I wouldn't be aware of the cause of course.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

bang bang

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I would run and hide. It seems like everyone and his uncle has a cell phone...way too many to kill by myself.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    and the second you checked to see if you had a tone you'd be one of those taken care of, honey.
    Not really, I don't have a cell phone and never have, thank goodness or it would be me that was taken care of

Interesting, so if you called someone's cell from a land line then you'd be okay and they would get fucked up?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd start randomly calling all the fuckers who ever pissed me off.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Interesting, so if you called someone's cell from a land line then you'd be okay and they would get fucked up?
    That is the way I think it works. Has been awhile since I read Cel. But if that is the way it worked, there are a few people I would call from my landline just to mess them up.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is the way I think it works. Has been awhile since I read Cel. But if that is the way it worked, there are a few people I would call from my landline just to mess them up.

Exactly what I was suggesting.

...and, yes that is how it works.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Exactly what I was suggesting.

Great minds think alike.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    how do you mean, works???

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast