Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: **ALL STAR**-Texas Hold'um Tournament for One Giveaway Entry

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default **ALL STAR**-Texas Hold'um Tournament for One Giveaway Entry

This is one in an ongoing list of ideas we have between here and May 19th to promote the Fund Raiser, along with some site togetherness.

We are going to hold a Texas Hold'um tournament and the winner will receive (a)nother entry into our amazing giveaway to be drawn the night of May 17th, 2008. Very much worth it.

Rules of the game:
    • 500.00 stake-play it till you lose (you must have the funds available to enter)
    • Game will be played on one full day, winner takes all
    • Game will be played in blocks of 10 (if we get that many)--the winner from each block moving on to the next game with other winners.
    • The stake for the game can be loaned.
    • Each players current beambucks will be recorded and reset to 500.00--players should not post the day of the game
    • Directors are eligible to play but not win the entry--if a Director wins the tournament, the entry will go to the next closest member
    • If you sign up, please play
    The game will be: Saturday April 12th--I will try to keep international players in the same block for time constraints.

What the hell is Texas Hold'um?

Simple game of poker that has 7 cards dealt instead of 5. Highest combination in 5 wins. Ace high-pair-two of a kind-three of a kind-stright...and so on.

You are dealt two cards that are "in the hole" and can only be seen by you--the other 5 are dealt to the middle, face up. You create your hand out of 5 using the best of 7

A bet or raise is made after each turn of the card.

So sign up here if you would like to be involved.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Matt, put me in the maybe category. Do you think it will go into the evening? I usually work on Saturday nights, and I'm eastern time.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Almost every time I've played the Hold'em on here there have some 'errors' shall we say. I havent played in a while so I'm just wondering if most of the kinks have been worked out since then.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its kind of hard for me to pin them down as either the game or some sort of local setting.

I have personally never had a problem with it which makes it hard to troubleshoot. As far as I know, nothing has changed.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i'd love to compete in this, but I don't think I'll be able to, I might have to work.

if not I'll be here.

after the tourney, do we get our original beambucks amount back?>
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I've got no problem with this...and winning it all
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What time will it be in GMT? Let me know and I will difinitely try and take part in it.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to play. The only problem is, I always work Saturdays and don't get off till 9pm EST. So put me down as a maybe until we know what timeframe we are doing here. I love playing Hold'um!

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay you guys, this is a little interest for sure. I'm also in. It could basically be an all day thing that Saturday going for the duration if we have enough people. We just coordinate in to blocks that work time wise because anywhere from 2 to 10 can play.

So lets see who else comes by with some interest

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm interested, but can't commit yet.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and I forgot to answer the other question.

Yes, your beam bucks will be restored after the tournament. Plus winnings if you are the winner

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm usually not around much Saturdays, so you guys will have a chance to win after all.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I'm usually not around much Saturdays, so you guys will have a chance to win after all.
    You missed the part where I signed up Daggers.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The tourney is this Saturday! Please join in if you want to, I am going to put together a list of people that said they could.

Let me know if you don't want to be in it now.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK Matt count me in. What time do you intend to start it at?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to hold it all day, so I will be in there at 11am EST--which is 9am in the mountains.

I will keep it going until 11PM EST

the game allows people to join up and then sit out hands if something is going on so you don't have to be in all day

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

well I'm gonna be at work, so it's gonna be shit if you expect me to be there continuously all day.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Not at all, just come in and sit for a hand whenever you can.

This may not work you guys, but its worth a try I figure.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm definately in!

Daggers - is your new sig/av combo a ploy to un-nerve me for the game...didn't anyone ever tell you china dolls are wrong!!! They give me the creeps BIG time!!!

Country
    Country Flag

So if we're not playing until its last man standing, I guess its the person thats racked up the most money by the end of the day that wins?

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I'm definately in!

Daggers - is your new sig/av combo a ploy to un-nerve me for the game...didn't anyone ever tell you china dolls are wrong!!! They give me the creeps BIG time!!!
    It's those damn porcelain clown dolls that really freak me out. I mean, their eyes follow me. ::shivers::

I'm in for as much as I can be, but I don't think it's gonna work out that great.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I'm definately in!

I just die of the cute every time I see it. And now that I know it freaks you out, I enjoy it even more.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Evil!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast