• He hasn't always been

12 18.75%
  • He is as much a villian as possible.

21 32.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crimson King *spoilers*

Along the Path of the Beam Rolands_Father is on a distinguished road Rolands_Father's Avatar

:radioactive: The Crimson King *spoilers*

This is a place to express your opinions about what you expected the crimson king to say, do, act like in the 7 th book, or anything else you can think of asking. Were you disapointed, or satisfied, please respond!

Spoilers bound to follow!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Darkthoughts; 08-27-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    The Dark Tower...
    Simply The Best

Roland Rocks Mid-World!!!
    And all other Worlds!!!

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rolands_Father View Post
    This is a place to express your opinions about what you expected the crimson king to say, do, act like in the 7 th book, or anything else you can think of asking. Were you disapointed, or satisfied, please respond
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/member.php?u=29

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Kevin...

Seriously though, I was disappointed when we finally met the Crimson King. However, I think King meant for us to be a bit. The CK at the end was nothing like he was during the height of his reign.

When I think about the Crimson King, however, I like to picture him like Michael Whelan's drawing in DT7, sitting atop a throne of skulls with his dead followers at his feet. Good stuff.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Along the Path of the Beam Rolands_Father is on a distinguished road Rolands_Father's Avatar

I agree, that drawing is just haunting!!!!!!!
    The Dark Tower...
    Simply The Best

Roland Rocks Mid-World!!!
    And all other Worlds!!!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's hanging on my living room wall. I love it.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To be serious I expected some magic. Something special. Why was Walter answering to this guy, honestly. He could've taken him six ways to Sunday in the state we see him in at the end of DT 7.

I was also half hoping for a gun battle between the two of them. That would've been (more) epic.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I agree, that drawing is just haunting!!!!!!!
    Between that image and the picture of him in his spider form in the comics, there are plenty of Crimson King nightmares to be had.

As for the topic at hand, I didn't have a problem with the representation of the King when we finally met him as he was supposed to be quite mad by this point and not at the height of his powers. My one issue is that I found the final battle between the CK and Roland/Patrick to be a bit anti-climatic in that Roland didn't get to do much besides target practice. Overall I don't think it detracted from the ending, but I do think that should DT ever come to pass in a film version, this battle might come off a bit anti-climatic.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    This is a place to express your opinions about what you expected the crimson king to say, do, act like in the 7 th book, or anything else you can think of asking. Were you disapointed, or satisfied, please respond
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/member.php?u=29
    Thank you.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Re-posting from the other thread -

I think the over-hyping came really from some readers points of view, but if you gather all the evidence in the series, from the characters point of view he was not over-hyped at all. Here is a were-spider demon god who has the very real potential of bringing down the Dark Tower itself, who has a vast army populating multiple worlds with who knows what kind of spiritual and technological abilities at his command. He blackened a land just because. He rode to the Dark Tower in a portable storm. He forced most of his castle to kill themselves just by wishing them to. When he speaks sometimes a child dies somewhere as a direct result.
    And those are just things that we know about.

To expand on it...it makes sense if at the end he has been weakened to where Roland can deal with him, the Beams have been reborn and his Forge (probably the Big Combination) was destroyed and he is trapped and gone totally mad.
    All of which Roland and his ka-tet have done, has undone his plans and caused him to be weakened opening Rolands way to the Tower and even then Roland almost got killed if you remember his last ditch jump for the rose to use for paint for the CK's eyes? Roland was also (rightfully) afraid at looking too long into Los's eyes lest he be mezmerized. So even in his weakened state he was still a force to be reckoned with.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats a damn good post CK

Thank you.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

:radioactive: The Crimson King *spoilers*

The Crimson King... is he truly a villain or has his mind just been warped from long term insanity? Is insanity truly an evil or just a chemical imbalance? Do you pity him or do you loathe him, or does he just annoy you? Let's have a discussion!
    Last edited by Darkthoughts; 12-28-2008 at 11:54 AM.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Pity him? No way.
    I think he is a villian. Hands down. He might have been a very good man once... but that man is gone for long. For my part I don't think anyone was born evil maybe just in cheap cartoons and comics.

Roland would have understood.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the Crimson King was very much a villan. I could not say he was born one or that he just went totally insane but he was a very bad villan

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I personally found him very annoying... Screaming a high-pitched "EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" was grating on my nerves...

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait til CK sees this thread.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I too, am anxious.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I suspect Matthew will be the first to call the Crimson King a hero.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Just crazy got my vote, I cant get behind this characture.
    ( sorry Mattttqhew)

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The CK wants to rule and destroy everything in all the multiverses. He kills on whims and wants everybody to bow before him. Controls people to do his evil bidding. Revels in the all the pain and destruction that he has created so that definitely makes him a villain and an insane one at that.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blackrose22 View Post
    The CK wants to rule and destroy everything in all the multiverses. He kills on whims and wants everybody to bow before him. Controls people to do his evil bidding. Revels in the all the pain and destruction that he has created so that definitely makes him a villain and an insane one at that.
    I don't really see why you can see the nice cuddly and fluffy side of him...

Roland would have understood.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrose22 View Post
    I don't really see why you can see the nice cuddly and fluffy side of him...
    Because I just see him as a totally evil sick sadistic SOB!

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I too, am anxious.
    I know he'll have an opinion or two

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Definately intended to be a villain. I'm absolutely sure on this one.

My Mood
    Worried

I can't believe he hasn't bothered to post in here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast