Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: He is Legend (w/ "Throttle" by King & Hill) - Gauntlet Press

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered the $200 edition, hope it goes through as it'll be my first S/L book.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get any email confirmation either, then I looked in my spam box and it was sitting in there.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck Cloysterpete, I hope we all get it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

My e-mail confirmation ended up in a gmail spam mailbox, too.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Dr. Dawg, which edition did you order?

John
    The $200 S/N + special slipcase... I also had to dig the confirmation out of my bulk folder. I thought I was doing OK with that until reading about the uncertainty here. Hopefully we'll see by tonight!

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The gauntlet server was overwhelmed, so i ended up calling Barry and ordering one over the phone. thanks so much for the heads up!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post

And I am too on the newsletter, as I own a lot of Gauntlet books, and I haven't received it yet. So hopefully we all should be ok, as there's been no official announcement for the book yet.
    I got an e-mail announcement last night about 7:30PM. I had been away for the weekend, had just gotten home and was checking my e-mail about 7:35PM so it had just been sent.

Placed my order immediately and got a quick automated response. The formal confirmation was waiting for me when I got up this morning.

So, I think the e-mail announcing the book was done last night and if you are on Gauntlet's mailing list you should have already received it.
    I'm actually pretty mad if this is the case, Bob. I always get email notifications, and I own at least 10 of their books and always buy a Bradbury Lettered. Heck, maybe I just missed it.
    Geoff

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

i got my confirmation in the Bulk folder also.phew!

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Got my lettered and numbered - I guess I still have residues of the King collecting bug in my system

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Ceri

on the bug and the acquisition.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I've just ordered a S/L.

Did anyone has a book of this publisher? How are their editions and slipcases?

Thanks for the information!
    I have a number of gauntlet press books and they do a commendable job

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Got this reply, so it looks like I (and probably all of us) am all set:

"I've been out most of the day and have to go out shortly again. I'll be processing orders tonight and Tuesday. I'll make sure to process just one of yours and cancel the other. Since we're not charging credit cards until January 1, 2009 it's not something to worry about now. I'll get back to you later and the confirmation you receive will have my name on it as it is below. That will be the official one.

Best,
    Barry Hoffman
    Gauntlet Press"

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo! I can't wait to get mine.

Wifes response to me buying it...."holy shit, here we go"

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I also received a personal e-mail about the CC expiration. I hope my order is good
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Crap, I knew I should have looked at my email while I was at work today.

This sounds like a cool project and I like Matheson, so I just went ahead and ordered the $200 slipcased version.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received this personal response to my inquiry, two hours ago (3:15 PDT):

Don't worry. You'll get the book. Either tonight or tomorrow you will get a confirmation with my name on it. While we have many, many orders we're not sold out so you'll get what you desire. Just bear with me as I have loads of orders to process.
    I hope this applies to not only my S/L , but Lettered order. I am sure he will do the best and most fair thing he can-IE the first 52 people to order the lettered get One each, then it is a waiting list.
    As for the 1/750 it seems I am, as well as others should be ok.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    And maybe fsmdr and Tippy too.

John

Yup!

Got mine!

I went for the $200 slipcase.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

And I am too on the newsletter, as I own a lot of Gauntlet books, and I haven't received it yet. So hopefully we all should be ok, as there's been no official announcement for the book yet.
    I got an e-mail announcement last night about 7:30PM. I had been away for the weekend, had just gotten home and was checking my e-mail about 7:35PM so it had just been sent.

Placed my order immediately and got a quick automated response. The formal confirmation was waiting for me when I got up this morning.

So, I think the e-mail announcing the book was done last night and if you are on Gauntlet's mailing list you should have already received it.
    I'm actually pretty mad if this is the case, Bob. I always get email notifications, and I own at least 10 of their books and always buy a Bradbury Lettered. Heck, maybe I just missed it.
    Geoff, maybe, like some others, it was filtered as spam. Mine came as the usual "Gauntlet Biweekly E-list Newsletter" and was delivered to my inbox at 7:26PM.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

ok... so from Rahfa's response... looks like we all may be good on the #'d edition.

on the lettered.... so far i see from this site thread alone, these 7 people ordered one...

carlosdetweiller (i'm assuming that you got one of each)
    Fsmdr
    wizard
    mr rabbit
    boomme
    RF
    calla_wolf

the above list is in chronological order of how they appeared in this thread (or when they stated they ordered)

anyone else?

52 copies, 7 people so far - but who knows how many not from this site... but received the newsletter and ordered one. i wonder how many copies were reseved by "special" customers. stephen 1? joe 1? matheson 1?
    conion,wilson,lansdale, strieber, nolan, baunbeck, monteleone,shirley, campbell and how many other authors... do ya think they each will get a complimentary lettered copy?
    if each author only gets one...it could knock the amount of lettereds available to the public down a bit...
    let's hope there are "author copies" to be printed, huh?

i hate waiting in the dark.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am "willing" (resigned) to get what I get. I ordered and expext a Lettered, but the numbered still has the sigs I want.
    Life goes on.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

mmm, wonder if they do arc?!?!?!?!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    ok... so from Rahfa's response... looks like we all may be good on the #'d edition.

on the lettered.... so far i see from this site thread alone, these 7 people ordered one...

carlosdetweiller (i'm assuming that you got one of each)
    Fsmdr
    wizard
    mr rabbit
    boomme
    RF
    calla_wolf

the above list is in chronological order of how they appeared in this thread (or when they stated they ordered)

anyone else?

52 copies, 7 people so far - but who knows how many not from this site... but received the newsletter and ordered one. i wonder how many copies were reseved by "special" customers. stephen 1? joe 1? matheson 1?
    conion,wilson,lansdale, strieber, nolan, baunbeck, monteleone,shirley, campbell and how many other authors... do ya think they each will get a complimentary lettered copy?
    if each author only gets one...it could knock the amount of lettereds available to the public down a bit...
    let's hope there are "author copies" to be printed, huh?

i hate waiting in the dark.
    I ordered a lettered and a s/n...we'll see.
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I don't think 7 out of 52 is that many...and they will surely have author's copies of the lettereds too...

I think this is a cool lettered to buy, but many collectors (like myself) really don't care so much for Matheson's sign...I think anyone here who wanted a lettered will get a lettered.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered a lettered and signed numbered and got a confirmation from Barry himself stating my order was approved and verified.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure when you ordered, but congratulations.
    BTW, what a breath of freah air for a publisher to take an order, but wait till (one assumes), very close to delivery to actually charge someone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast