Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: He is Legend (w/ "Throttle" by King & Hill) - Gauntlet Press

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Actually...sorry to say this, but it sounds more like a Tim Miller's work...
    Not really...when FS sold their "signed/limited" version of 'Best American Short Stories,' they actually rebound the book, so it was a totally new version.

If TOR/Gauntet had rebound the book, and bound in the signature sheet, then I'd be impressed...although they never claimed that, so it wasn't like they were lying or anything.

It did say "tipped in" but I always get confused with those terms...all it means is "included with."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    I did have him include a note on signed Gauntlet Letterhead that stated that the TOR copy that I recieved from him was one of only two sold by Gauntlet with the King/Hill signature sheet included.

Not that it makes much of a difference but at least it provides a little provenance.
    I must have the other then.

John
    Anyone have a third one by any chance?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

True, but still...doesn't sound right. At least for me...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I did have him include a note on signed Gauntlet Letterhead that stated that the TOR copy that I recieved from him was one of only two sold by Gauntlet with the King/Hill signature sheet included.

Not that it makes much of a difference but at least it provides a little provenance.

John
    I'm wondering the same thing...

Life is a garden...dig it!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The third of two. Wait, that statement doesn't make sense, does it?

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

My sig sheet dosen't have Matheson's signature. Just King and Hill.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There are 2 people-Jhanic and lophophoras, who should have the Tor book with sig sheets signed ONLY by Stephen King and Joe Hill (Matheson's signature missing).
    10 more should have the Tor book with signature sheets from all the authors-sans Matheson's signature.
    Correct me if I am wrong (happens often).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I shouldn't do this but WTH, I haven't heard one complaint (Carlosdetwieler had a snag which looks like it will be resolved) from the 12 people who ordered and PAID for the book.
    Come forth ye who hath paid and is unhappy.
    $100. Sheesh, King and Joe Hill sigs for that cheap; that price is a deal-with the provenance.
    It would be ironic, but not surprising if 1 of the 12 books quickly goes up on Ebay and sells for far more than the purchase price.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I paid for mine, was told it was one of the two with only King's and Hill's signature, but it came with Matheson's as well. I have no idea why, but I am not unhappy with my purchase by any means. Sure, it's a lot of money, and I did think the sheet would be an actual part of the book, but Gauntlet has been very good to me in the past and I am glad I bought the book. All I need now is a proof (ARC).
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    There are 2 people-Jhanic and lophophoras, who should have the Tor book with sig sheets signed ONLY by Stephen King and Joe Hill (Matheson's signature missing).
    10 more should have the Tor book with signature sheets from all the authors-sans Matheson's signature.
    My copy of the Tor proof has all the signature sheets enclosed.

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    The third of two. Wait, that statement doesn't make sense, does it?
    And I have the impossible fourth of two.

(Note: No Richard Matheson's signature)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

John

I would love to see that letter if you have a chance to load it up here.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid for mine, was told it was one of the two with only King's and Hill's signature, but it came with Matheson's as well. I have no idea why, but I am not unhappy with my purchase by any means. Sure, it's a lot of money, and I did think the sheet would be an actual part of the book, but Gauntlet has been very good to me in the past and I am glad I bought the book. All I need now is a proof (ARC).
    I suggest you cross out Matheson's signature.
    My copy of the Tor proof has all the signature sheets enclosed.

John
    I wasn't referring to the proof-but congratulations.

[quote=Randall Flagg;549429]
    I suggest you cross out Matheson's signature.
    [quote]

I have a good ink eraser, that should do it!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I shouldn't do this but WTH, I haven't heard one complaint (Carlosdetwieler had a snag which looks like it will be resolved) from the 12 people who ordered and PAID for the book.
    $100. Sheesh, King and Joe Hill sigs for that cheap; that price is a deal-with the provenance.
    It would be ironic, but not surprising if 1 of the 12 books quickly goes up on Ebay and sells for far more than the purchase price.
    I don't think anyone has issue with the price or the product. Its the lies that Barry is always telling. Things like this have happened more times than I can count. I won't buy books from him because of it. Why not just advertise the actual product you are selling instead of lying about the way the signature sheets are included and the limitation to get people excited.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

John

I would love to see that letter if you have a chance to load it up here.
    I'll scan it when I get home from work today and will get it posted.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Carlos said he was disappointed...AND that they screwed up the order. So I would call that a complaint.

I would be very surprised if this sold on ebay for more than $175 - a profit, yes, but not dramatic. You can buy the actual book for $200 to $250.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am inclined to leave this out of the Catalog.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, and I am very surprised it was even thought to merit inclusion.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I agree, and I am very surprised it was even thought to merit inclusion.
    I was bored and looking for something to do.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I decided to go ahead and glue the signature sheets in. It came out pretty well.

Not too bad...If Gauntlet had bothered to do something similar I would have been more impressed with them.

Country
    Country Flag

Here is a copy of the letter and sig sheet I received:

My Mood
    Stressed

Thanks for taking the time to upload the letter. I wonder what Barry would say to the fact that we now have at least 3 copies accountable with just the King and Hill signature. I did not count the 4th copy as it includes a Matheson signature.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a bit slow.
    There are (should be) 10 copies of the Tor Hardback edition, sold by Gauntlet Press that have all 3 signature sheets 'placed' in. There should be 2 more that have less than 3 sheets-but certainly the King/Hill sheet.
    lophophoros attests to and presents one, ur2ndbiggestfan. attests to another.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast