Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: He is Legend (w/ "Throttle" by King & Hill) - Gauntlet Press

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered the 150.00 version because I'm a cold, scared child.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ordered the s/l w/slipcase...I can live without Matheson's signature...

Has everyone recieved an email confirmation? I got the confirmation page, but no email yet...just wondering what other buying experiences there were...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the confirm email

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I received confirmation mail inmediately.
    I ordered two. One S/L of 150 and the other S/L 200 (with slipcase).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I am on their site right now and it is working.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I clicked the link you supplied and it's working for me too!

John
    I had DNS problems on my PC...I ordered my S/L with slipcase now!!
    I received confirmation mail immediately, too.

Thanks a lot to everybody for the information!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm....I tried to order another copy, and on both orders I got a confirmation page with an invoice number, but with some odd jumbled text and NO confirmation email...

I emailed them to let them know I had a problem...or maybe it went through, and I'm being paranoid!

I told them I heard about it here...give us a plug...

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i hate to rain on everyone's parade...but....

take note guys and gals when i ordered mine this morning...
    immediately after ordering mine, i got a "confirmation" of my order email.

however... pulling on past experiences... i sent a follow-up email to the publisher right after i got the confirmation of my order email, asking him to verify i had gotten the limited and lettered copies reserved in time.

he emailed back and said that my order was received and noted, but that they were snowballed with orders and that they wouldn't have it sorted out until much later today or tomorrow.

so... just because the order was confirmed, doesn't mean we all will actually get the book. it appears to me they are taking all orders, will fill what they have books for, and put the rest of the people on the waiting list.

so the books may very well have been sold out even before i got my order in. won't find out until tomorrow probably.
    he said he will be sending out emails at that time to verify whether or not we really did get the orders in on time to get the books.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered a s/n with slipcase. Would have loved to get a lettered but considering they take the money in January 2009, I'd be scared for my credit card after the xmas period.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

however... pulling on past experiences... i sent a follow-up email to the publisher right after i got the confirmation of my order email, asking him to verify i had gotten the limited and lettered copies reserved in time.

he emailed back and said that my order was received and noted, but that they were snowballed with orders and that they wouldn't have it sorted out until much later today or tomorrow.

so... just because the order was confirmed, doesn't mean we all will actually get the book. it appears to me they are taking all orders, will fill what they have books for, and put the rest of the people on the waiting list.

so the books may very well have been sold out even before i got my order in. won't find out until tomorrow probably.
    he said he will be sending out emails at that time to verify whether or not we really did get the orders in on time to get the books.
    Thanks for the heads up on this, I sure hope they all get in.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I hope I got it, because I didn't just order it, until now.

a s/n $200 edition

And I am too on the newsletter, as I own a lot of Gauntlet books, and I haven't received it yet. So hopefully we all should be ok, as there's been no official announcement for the book yet.
    Geoff

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope we all receive confirmation.
    I have an issue...my credit card expires in January 2009. I'll have to update the info with the renewed one if Gauntlet wants to charge it once it's expired.
    I don't want to miss this book
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I have an issue...my credit card expires in January 2009. I'll have to update the info with the renewed one if Gauntlet wants to charge it once it's expired.
    yeah... mine expires in sept., but plan to immediately send gauntlet the new replacement # at that time.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems odd they wouldn't have been able to limit the number of orders so that if sold out, they item would indicate so.
    I guess if they have more than 52 lettered ordered they will fill the first 52 who ordered and anyone else will be denied.
    Same for the 1/750.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It seems odd they wouldn't have been able to limit the number of orders so that if sold out, they item would indicate so.
    I guess if they have more than 52 lettered ordered they will fill the first 52 who ordered and anyone else will be denied.
    Same for the 1/750.
    i assume the surplus people will be placed on a waiting list, since there is some time between now and when the payments will be charged... and people's minds change, financial statuses change, priorities change, wives find out, and some people even die (a happening often associated with their wifes finding out)...
    this helps guarantee the publisher doesn't get stuck with canceled orders and they don't have to go looking very far for a new buyer.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So when will we know if we actually got it? Do they send an follow up email?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

wives find out, and some people even die (a happening often associated with their wifes finding out)...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post

And I am too on the newsletter, as I own a lot of Gauntlet books, and I haven't received it yet. So hopefully we all should be ok, as there's been no official announcement for the book yet.
    I got an e-mail announcement last night about 7:30PM. I had been away for the weekend, had just gotten home and was checking my e-mail about 7:35PM so it had just been sent.

Placed my order immediately and got a quick automated response. The formal confirmation was waiting for me when I got up this morning.

So, I think the e-mail announcing the book was done last night and if you are on Gauntlet's mailing list you should have already received it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Justin Case is on a distinguished road Justin Case's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

PLUS (some more inside info... )
    F. Paul Wilson has written a sequel to "The Distributor"; Joe Lansdale a sequel to "Prey." Whitley Strieber has given us an original novella inspired by Matheson's stories in general, while Richard Christian Matheson has penned a short tale inspired by "Legion of Plotters." John Shirley has created a sequel to "Somewhere in Time," while Mick Garris has offered a prequel to "I Am Legend." Lots more, too--Gary A. Braunbeck, William F. Nolan, John Maclay, Michael Arnzen, Thomas F. Monteleone, Barry Hoffman--and one or two surprises still to be announced!
    Phil

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got an almost immediate confirmation email. Because there are 750 s/n copies, I'm sure I'm okay, but those who ordered the 52 lettered copies should verify ASAP.

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I ordered the Lettered and the $200 edition.

By chance I was up late last night with family. Logged in before going to bed at 2:00 am and saw the newsletter. Wohoo!!. Good idea about verifying the order. I'll send them email now.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

all I have to say is I better get one!!

Or one of y'all is selling me your extra copy!!!!!

I'll put in a personalization by Joe if you do!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got the message at 10:30 California time (at work) and placed the order late for the S/N $200 version. I hope it goes through!

Zack

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Dr. Dawg, which edition did you order?

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

What's cool is that the guys are doing their take on 'Duel', which is my favourite Matheson short story, and also one of the best suspense movies ever, directed by Spielberg from Mathesons' own screenplay. Can't wait to see what they do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    That's not an issue...it said somewhere that they'll be checking in with people prior to charging cards...obviously, you won't be the only one in that situation.

I don't have a good feelling about getting one...between no email confirm and them being overloaded with orders, I'm not sure I like my chances...oh well, but I'll live!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast