Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Halloween Horror-Thon 2023 (The Scariest One Yet)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Happy Halloween everyone, pretty much flicks all day, hope everyone is well

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Halloween may be over, but I plan on continuing my onslaught of horror till Sat when I'll finish off with Insidious: The Red Door.

Leading up to Oct.

31 days of Horror

Halloween Cooldown

Reviews:

Oct 29 Seventh Moon * $$$ From Blair Witch Project alumni Eduardo Sanchez. Filmed like found footage, but not by the people it's happening to. People are essentially lost in the woods again. This time in China. It's low budget, but I thought the story was worth it.

Oct 30 Gwen * $$ The cover and synopsis makes this sound like a horror from Shudder (a horror streaming service.) It isn't and that disappointed me. But for a depressing story about a mother and 2 daughters sometime before people were happy in someplace England and the depressing life they endure, it works wonderfully.

Oct 31 The Houses October Built $$$$ Found footage of a group of friends going through haunted house attractions. Then there is a arch that slowly builds till the end.

[Disclaimer: These are of course just my opinions]

Past Years

"That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Here's my list so far:
    Chopping Mall
    Trick R Treat
    Halloween: Resurrection
    Psycho
    Separation
    Event Horizon
    The Sentinel (1977)
    The Corpse Bride
    Ghost Ship
    Hellraiser: Hellworld
    Hellraiser III
    Totally Killer
    When a Stranger Calls (1979)
    Deadly Friend
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer*
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Halloween
    Halloween H2O
    Scream
    Carnival of Souls
    World War Z
    Housebound
    Jugface
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

When Evil Lurks on Shudder might just be the best horror film I've seen this year. Been thinking about it for days. It goes hard but it is a fantastic take on possession.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, last one of the season. I feel like I climbed Mount Everest watching a horror movie every night. Some nights I was just too tired so I'd fall asleep half way through one only to have to finish it the next night along with watching a whole other one.

My favorites of the bunch. ($$$$) The Final Girls, Hell House LLC, and The Houses October Built. All of which I've enjoyed and watched several times.

Out of the rest ($$$) Triangle, Waxwork, The Children, and Seventh Moon were movies that I was surprised by. They were new to me and I thought they were pretty good.

Leading up to Oct.

31 days of Horror

Halloween Cooldown

Reviews:

Nov 1 Saw II * $$$ Having just watched Saw I figured I'd double up on the franchise. I don't remember seeing this, (although I knew the twist, so maybe I have), and although it wasn't as poignant as the first, I still enjoyed the story and the tie backs to the first.

Nov 2 The Lost * $$$ IMDB doesn't call this horror, yet Psycho is. The main character in this movie is psycho for sure. There's a large body count by the end. It certainly arrested my attention.

Nov 3 Widows Point * $$ Would have fit right in with the USA movies of the 90's. Take that for better or worse.

Nov 4 Insidious: The Red Door * $$$ I've enjoyed the Insidious franchise better than the Conjerverse, and although this didn't blow my mind, it had a better story than The Nun II.

[Disclaimer: These are of course just my opinions]

Past Years

"That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2