Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "You Like It Darker" (2024), new collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Seems at least the few stories mentioned are all new but hoping some of the 12 are from the uncollected bunch. There are some good ones to pick from. Very unusual for a King collection to have mostly previously unpublished stories.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

There will be some reprints from stories previously published in magazines.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A bit unlike King to write short stories and not publish them in magazines and such. Maybe he'll put out another collection sooner rather than later next time, to collect the rest.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Most of the new stories are quite long, so it's harder to find magazines etc. that would take them.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I saw the UK edition is about 500 pages, and US editions are always more, so closer to the 600 that was originally estimated, which for 12 stories makes me really excited. That's an average of 50 pages per, which is novellette length if not novella. I think I remember King saying "Rattlesnakes" is a novella.

Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

You can read the opening of Rattlesnakes here.

Here is the complete table of contents:
    • Two Talented Bastids
    • The Fifth Step
    • Willie the Weirdo
    • Danny Coughlin's Bad Dream
    • Finn
    • On Slide Inn Road
    • Red Screen
    • The Turbulence Expert
    • Laurie
    • Rattlesnakes
    • The Dreamers
    • The Answer Man

Country
    Country Flag

I was hoping the cover would be a wraparound:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    You can read the opening of Rattlesnakes here.

Here is the complete table of contents:
    • Two Talented Bastids
    • The Fifth Step
    • Willie the Weirdo
    • Danny Coughlin's Bad Dream
    • Finn
    • On Slide Inn Road
    • Red Screen
    • The Turbulence Expert
    • Laurie
    • Rattlesnakes
    • The Dreamers
    • The Answer Man
    What remains uncollected since Bazaar in 2015:
    • Cookie Jar
    • The Music Room
    • Thin Scenery
    • Squad D

And of course various older uncollected stories, such as:
    • The Glass Floor
    • The Blue Air Compressor
    • Weeds
    • The Night of the Tiger
    • Man With a Belly
    • The Crate
    • The Reploids
    • The Old Dude's Ticker
    • Throttle
    • In the Tall Grass
    • A Face in the Crowd
    • The Rock and Roll Dead Zone

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Bummed Cookie Jar and Music Room aren't in there. I liked them both.
    Besides this, which I've never heard of, was Cookie Jar an audiobook?

"An abridged radio adaptation of "Cookie Jar" was broadcast in three parts by BBC Radio 4 in October 2016 as part of its Fright Night Shorts series."

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Cookie Jar was narrated by Santino Fontana in Bazaar of Bad Dreams. The Music Room was narrated by Maggie Sift in Gwendy's Button Box.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Uncle Stevie is not wasting much thought on the title these days. "Holly" and now this one which sounds like a bad anthology on Shudder.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what makes Holly worse title than Christine or Carrie or Nona or...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Along the Path of the Beam Herbie_Marsten is on a distinguished road Herbie_Marsten's Avatar

A Face in the Crowd came out from Cemetery Dance, with The Lomgest December.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Not sure what makes Holly worse title than Christine or Carrie or Nona or...
    Who said that?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Then I guess I don't know what you meant by "these days".
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Then I guess I don't know what you meant by "these days".
    It means the last couple of books in response to the recent announcement of the title of the upcoming book. That doesn't preclude titles from other periods during his career from being uninspired. Some were good, and some were terrible like this one and "Holly."

Country
    Country Flag

It's no better or worse than any of his other collection titles.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I haven't read Holly, but based on the blurb, which paints it as an interesting story in its own right, I thought it deserved something more than the name of a character who has appeared a number of times before.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Tune in to the YouTube Premiere of Stephen reading an excerpt from his upcoming collection You Like It Darker on April 18th at 2pm EST.

>>> Source

Award-winning narrator Will Patton will read the audiobook edition of YOU LIKE IT DARKER with select stories read by Stephen King

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I have it on reserve at my local library. I enjoy listening to the recorded version after reading new SK releases.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2