Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Stand Figurines

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quick Update...

Project is moving along nicely. I have bought a new Resin printer (and a ton of ancillary stuff to clean and cure the models) and have been spending time learning how to use it properly. There's a huge amount of work needed to set up the supports for the models (much more complicated than I had envisaged, but kinda fun too) The good news is, once I get it all dialled in, its done and wont need adjusting. Probably a couple more weeks and I can start production.

I've been working on some base ideas. appreciate some feedback on these as options:

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Those both look really awesome!! I think I prefer the one with The Stand across the base as opposed to just the small sign on the front.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Those both look really awesome!! I think I prefer the one with The Stand across the base as opposed to just the small sign on the front.
    Agree! But both look great!
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Toss a coin and I'm happy with either one!

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! I really like the base with the title across the top. I especially like The Stand in the darker sand color.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I like both options, would even be ok with combining both. They both have their pluses. I think the 2nd version looks cooler, but seeing the words would depend on your viewing angle.

Oh course with the first version it is cool how RF can float.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcbanick View Post
    Agree! But both look great!
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Toss a coin and I'm happy with either one!
    Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot HP Spencer View Post
    Very nice! I really like the base with the title across the top. I especially like The Stand in the darker sand color.
    The color will be down to painting choice. The 'cracked earth' texture is part of the model though.

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I like both options, would even be ok with combining both. They both have their pluses. I think the 2nd version looks cooler, but seeing the words would depend on your viewing angle.

Oh course with the first version it is cool how RF can float.
    Yes, I noticed I had him slightly above ground after I'd done the renders
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Along the Path of the Beam Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that they’re both AWESOME LOOKING! However, if I had to choose, I think I’d prefer the 2nd version. (But that’s just me; regardless, I think they’re both incredible!)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ill prob grab a set too of these Simon. They are really nice man. Good work..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Late to this party but absolutely fantastic work!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any updates Simon?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Any updates Simon?
    sorry for the lack of updates, theres lots of things taking up my time these days...

I printed a TON of test prints, looking to get the ratio of largest size possible with maximising the amount on the build plate. With a 4k resin printer, these can take between 5 and 7 hours to print, so its a time consuming process. I'm also looking to have these print hollow, as an additional reduction to the cost of printing (it also helps to minimize the supports needed as they are lighter). This has been the most time consuming part of the process as I didn't want any visible signs of joins or drain holes in the final model.

I think i've got it where I want it now, but its likely to be the New Year before I'll be ready to sell and ship. I'll post here when that happens.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2