Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Bill Bender-AKA Merlin 1958

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh crap.
    RIP Bill
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just heard. I'm so sad. Bill's sense of humour fit in with me perfectly. Always winding people up and "grenade throwing". He was a very generous man and did a lot for others you will never hear about.

You have your place in Heaven.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How incredibly sad. RIP Bill
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

RIP Bill, condolences to his family.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sad news, RIP Bill....

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My condolences to the family.
    You will be missed, Bill.

sk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh my god... I was just thinking about him the other day. This is heartbreaking news.

We had our disagreements over the years but we would always talk privately afterwards and clear up any misunderstandings. There was nothing but love and mutual respect in the end.

He was a huge part of this site and will be forever missed. RIP Bill.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RIP Bill…. Sorry to hear this.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

A tall man he may have been, but he never looked down on anyone.
    His kindness and caring only left everyone looking up to him.

Rest In Peace.

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

RIP, my dear friend Bill.
    It was an honour to have known you and converse with you, always humourously, via our emails, and doting on our beloved grandchildren.
    Thank you for everything you've done for me; your infinite kindness will always be remmembered.
    I will miss you, Bill.
    Hyman Roth - Minister of Foreign Affairs of THE CRIMSON KING

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah fuck. Terrible news. One of the best friends I never met. As others have said, his kindness was legendary. He used to send my daughter random Disney gifts from across the pond. She loved him and so did I.

RIP Wild Bill. You’ll be missed.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, such sad news! RIP Bill!

Always wished I would meet him one day. He reached out with kind words in PM's from time to time. He was definetly a giver, and will be sorely missed!

I am making a donation to Shriners in Bill's name. It is asking for (optional) recipient's name and email. Since I already mentioned Bill's name as the Honoree, who's name/email do I put here? A surviving family member? How do I make sure the donation is seen by his family?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh my. My heart is so heavy!

I’m going to go sit and look at my Charlie the Choo Choo book he sent me for a while.

True gent, character, and huge part of the King community.

Sad days.

RIP Bill
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

It's fitting that his final post was trying to encourage people to contribute to the TDT.org fundraiser.

It also would have been fitting if his final post had been picking a fight with RF.

Goodbye Bill.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My true condolences to the family, if they should read this.
    Bill was always an interesting one, he will be missed by many.

I purchased not to long ago a Different Seasons HC from/thru him. (not really sure)
    If Jerome is interested in auctioning it, we can use all the funds for DT.org in his memory.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

R.I.P Bill. You truly were one of a kind .

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I don't have many pictures of Bill, but here is one from a Los Angeles event with the Rock Bottom Remainders. Bill of course is the tallest person in the pics. I'll leave it to others to figure out who else is pictured.

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    BILL was a SPECIAL HUMAN BEING.. His kindness inspired, His thoughtfulness inspired.
    His desire to do all he could for the good he saw in people as well as his willingness to help those he saw in need was amazing.
    I knew Bill for a number of years and we spoke not as frequently lately however when we did it was like it was only yesterday that we shared our last story..
    He was the type of friend I will now miss knowing the last words we shared were our last story!

I can only hope he is now feeling the peace he deserved and his family can live on holding fast to the fine memories I know they shared.
    RIP MERLIN
    WHEN one of the friends in the picture called to alert me of this post, I knew i had to drop by here and see the news for myself.
    It was tough to read and had me recalling I had just been speaking of Bill recently.
    Bill was such a staple here it was hard to think he would not be here stirring something up or promoting some cause.
    It was after posting some quick thoughts I left the page and have had time to take my suggestion and think of some good times shared.
    Bill canceled his bus ticket & rode back from LA event with my wife and I to Phoenix where he lived.
    It was a great ride with great conversations.... and a few stops to allow Merlin to have a smoke on the road.
    When I would return to Phoenix to visit my son, Bill would always suggest we meet for lunch or dinner and conversation.
    The heart of this man was huge and his person... WILL LIVE ON in GOOD MEMORIES OF TIMES & CONVERSATIONS SHARED !
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is such sad news; Bill was like a brother to me here. The site has lost a legend!

RIP Bill.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Goodbye Bill!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is heartbreaking. RIP Bill - you left a huge imprint on this planet and in these hallowed forums.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I’ll miss his, LOLs, and misplaced commas,. I didn’t interact with him all that much but he seemed like a very nice person, even if, once and awhile, a post of his rubbed me the wrong way. You will be missed Bill.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Who'd a thought that a Yankees fan would be one of the most inviting and generous individuals to this Red Sox Fan. Miss you.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

R.I.P Wild Bill. I'll treasure my Doctor Sleep GE even more now. Thank you for your kindness

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

RIP Bill. I will miss all the confusion. LOL, LOL.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This hurts. Bill and I have been talking for 10+ years and jabbing each other on Norte Dame and Bama. Actually, any sports. This really saddens my heart. He was a handful at times but such a great heart. My last case I made was for him (I eventually will get back to case making). I didn't want to do the case but he hounded me relentlessly and I eventually did. He tried paying $50 but I refunded all but ten. I didn't even cash the first check he sent unannounced, he got mad and sent another and ranted that I better cash it. I will miss his conversations. We lost a great person as did his family. Prayers to his family and friends. I will truly miss you Bill.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast