Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: RIP Bill Bender-AKA Merlin 1958

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I am shocked and saddened to find that Bill has passed. It seems like he was just here gracing everyone with a misplaced comma, or a slight rub followed by a quick "jk." My sincere condolences to his family. I will miss Bill. He was one of the main straws that stirred this site! RIP, Bill.

Best,
    John
    He got me good in a PM once. Scared me until I scrolled down to see the JK hidden like 20 lines down.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dolso, please contact me.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Very sad news... it inevitably happens on long-running forums like this one (I also still think of John Hanic every now and then) but it sucks nonetheless..

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know I don't come around often anymore, but how in the hell did I miss this?! I am heartbroken. Big Bill (as I called him) was always so kind to me.

RIP LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I know I don't come around often anymore, but how in the hell did I miss this?! I am heartbroken. Big Bill (as I called him) was always so kind to me.

RIP LOL
    Same. He's definitely going to be missed.
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't been around much of late. Just saw the banner and immediately went to this thread. Just finished reading everyone's comments!
    I'm really at a loss for words. This news felt like a 100 pound rock dropped on my head. We made a connection through our beloved Yankees
    and his passing deeply saddens me for I have lost a dear friend. We never met in person but I feel that I really got to know him.
    RIP my friend.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have two books being created that will be In memorial to Bill. Both are his favorites of King's books.

The first which should be ready in about 10 days is "Four Past Midnight". This book will be a single volume bound in Goat Suede Espresso with four original pieces of art by Glenn Chadbourne, custom endpapers and a custom stamped slipcase.
    50% of the net proceeds will go to Bill's favorite charity The Shriners Children Hospital, and 50% to TheDarkTower.org to continue the website.

More news coming soon.

It's likely we will do a silent auction facilitated by David from Betts Books. This auction will reach a large audience, but avoid the now prohibitive fees incurred by using ebay.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Come on folks!

The first tribute book will be delivered in a week or so.

The second is going to be mind blowing.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Come on folks!

The first tribute book will be delivered in a week or so.

The second is going to be mind blowing.
    I think we're all waiting for the details
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

We should burn a copy of Faithful in his honer.

Or maybe make an expurgated version with all the pages detailing games that the Yankee's lost to Red Sox removed.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Four Past Midnight special commemorative edition just shipped.
    I should have by Monday.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Are you going to have an auction for it?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Yes.
    Not using ebay as fees are crazy.
    David at Betts Books will conduct the silent auction.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Yes.
    Not using ebay as fees are crazy.
    David at Betts Books will conduct the silent auction.
    Great, thanks!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

David at Betts will be posting silent auction very soon. It's a pretty damn good rebind, with four great pieces of art, five or six high quality endpapers (used to divide stories as this is a single volume) and a few other classy binding intricacies. A custom stamped (both large faces) slipcase that in the interior has multiple pieces of the endpaper inside.

As current and recent history has shown, the rebinds I do are of high-quality, and a value.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have many pictures of Bill, but here is one from a Los Angeles event with the Rock Bottom Remainders. Bill of course is the tallest person in the pics. I'll leave it to others to figure out who else is pictured.

Just thinking about Bill. This pic represents a great night.

Sigh.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those rebinds are going to be fitting tribute, Jerome. Looking forward to seeing them.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I anticipate Four Past Midnight will go up on a silent auction on Tuesday. I'll of course keep everyone posted.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I don't have many pictures of Bill, but here is one from a Los Angeles event with the Rock Bottom Remainders. Bill of course is the tallest person in the pics. I'll leave it to others to figure out who else is pictured.

Sigh.
    Name them L-R

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Betts Books has a silent auction up for the William Bender II (Merlin1958) commemorative edition.

https://bettsbooks.com/w95020ai.html#girl

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Betts Books has a silent auction up for the William Bender II (Merlin1958) commemorative edition.

Pity the pictures are so small. Can't read the writing.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Randall Flagg;1271051]
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Sigh.
    Name them L-R
    I think the lady in the middle might not want to be named.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Don't think I will be able to bid on it as I have just paid to get this TDT Rebound...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post

Here are larger images. Post #4758:

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...67#post1271067

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post

Here are larger images. Post #4758:

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...67#post1271067
    Yes, I saw that, but the Betts customers will not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast