Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Bill Bender-AKA Merlin 1958

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He was such an iconic figure here and will be truly missed. Bill did several things for me over the years and if you were on the receiving end, you know he did not want you to say a word about it. Out of respect to his memory, I will continue to honor that. R.I.P
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    My true condolences to the family, if they should read this.
    Bill was always an interesting one, he will be missed by many.

I purchased not to long ago a Different Seasons HC from/thru him. (not really sure)
    If Jerome is interested in auctioning it, we can use all the funds for DT.org in his memory.

Great idea. We are going to create a rebound Different Seasons to commemorate Bill's time here. It will be auctioned off with half the proceeds going to The Shriner's Hospital, and half towards our annual fundraiser here. More news to come when I get the art.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone Jack Mort here. I visited today for the first time in 7 years. This is not the news I was expecting.

RIP Bill. He was the first friend I made when I joined TDT in 2012. WHAT a great guy. Go Yankees
    Last edited by Jack Mort; 02-04-2023 at 09:31 AM. Reason: tone wrong

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I’ll miss his, LOLs, and misplaced commas,.
    It's funny; seeing his commas and thinking what the fuck? is one of my earliest TDT memories.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What a huge loss, not just for our King group, but for everyone that had the opportunity to interact with him. I remember first meeting him at a book signing for Revival in Austin, Texas. There was an instant connection, and we kept in touch for years after that initial meeting. He loved Disney and gifted my son his first Mickey plush doll! Over the past 7-8 years we spent alot of time bickering about the Yankees vs Astros games. Being that I was a big Astros fan, and he a die-hard Yankees fan, it is a miracle that we remained friends. This just goes to show how Bill managed to connect with people on a deeper level. You are missed my friend.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Gunslinger Apprentice Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear this. RIP Bill. 😞

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll miss you, Bill. You definitely lent some character to the site. LOL
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

This is such sad news. Bill was such a prominent member here and will definitely be missed. Sending much love to his family.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    My true condolences to the family, if they should read this.
    Bill was always an interesting one, he will be missed by many.

I purchased not to long ago a Different Seasons HC from/thru him. (not really sure)
    If Jerome is interested in auctioning it, we can use all the funds for DT.org in his memory.

Great idea. We are going to create a rebound Different Seasons to commemorate Bill's time here. It will be auctioned off with half the proceeds going to The Shriner's Hospital, and half towards our annual fundraiser here. More news to come when I get the art.
    Excellent idea. It feels really weird visiting this week. It’ll be good to pay respects to Bill like this. Perfect way.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m sorry to hear this. Rest in peace, Bill…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Love him, tolerate him or even despise him, he left his mark.
    Farewell Bill.
    Mark Twain

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm in complete shock reading this. Bill was such an important and widely seen member of this group. RIP.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Condolences to his family and friends. Being new to the site, I never had the chance to interact with Bill(Merlin 1958) but when I was a lurker, I used to read and enjoy his posts. Finding out through this thread that not only was he a Stephen King collector but also a Disney fan makes me sad I never had the chance to interact with him. RIP

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Oh, this is terrible news. Condolences to his family. He certainly brought a point of view to these forums that will be missed.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

R.I.P. Bill...he was quite the character. Welcomed me to the site a few years back and always made it interesting.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, man. I'm sorry to hear Bill has come to the Clearing in the Path. Long Days and Pleasant Nights, Gunslinger.

Loved that guy. RIP Buddy
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sad news.
    He was always very nice to me. He was always quick to give me some helpful advice when i was new to DT.org and every correspondence we ever had was a pleasure.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rest in peace, Bill.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Just saw this, sad news. Condolences to his family. He will be missed here.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If Bill were still here, I'd show him this to get him excited and talking ...

... and then I'd show him this to piss him off and call me a traitor

And, since I was thinking about him, I made a donation to the 2023 Fundraiser in his name.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is sad news. He certainly knew how to liven things up around here. RIP Bill.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've received the Different Seasons book. A well known artist has donated the art. The only delay is the artwork is touring the USA courtesy of the USPS.
    The art was sent from the East Coast over 10 days ago. It got as close a Oakland Ca to me (30 miles away), then was sent to Los Angeles Ca (400 miles away). As of an hour ago, the package is back in Oakland.
    Let's hope the art takes no more detours and gets to me in the next couple of days.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I only just saw this. I can’t believe it. Bill brought so much character and energy to every post. I’ll miss the guy.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just seen this. Very sad news. My condolences to his family and friends. We talked several times through PMs and he had a wonderful gesture when my second daughter was born and sent her a Mickey Mouse doll that she still has and has with her every night.

May Bill's memories prevail.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I am shocked and saddened to find that Bill has passed. It seems like he was just here gracing everyone with a misplaced comma, or a slight rub followed by a quick "jk." My sincere condolences to his family. I will miss Bill. He was one of the main straws that stirred this site! RIP, Bill.

Best,
    John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast