Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1930s

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Blonde Venus (1932)
    Josef von Sternberg

Watch trailer:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

She Done Him Wrong

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Design for Living (1933)
    Ernst Lubitsch

Watch trailer:

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like Cary Grant - sec Sylvia Scarlett

Nom - Under Western Stars (1938) dir. - Joesph Kane
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

And I'll second She Done Him Wrong.

Country
    Country Flag

Man on the Flying Trapeze (1935)
    Clyde Bruckman

Watch trailer:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Footlight Parade (1933)
    Lloyd Bacon and Busby Berkeley

Watch trailer:
    2ND

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I like Cary Grant - sec Sylvia Scarlett
    Thank you, it's one of my fave Grant and Hepburn movies. Also, worth a read if you've never heard of it:

http://www.thecampanil.com/forgotten...lvia-scarlett/

Camille

Country
    Country Flag

Jezebel (1938)
    William Wyler

Watch trailer:

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nom: Of Human Hearts (1938) dir. Clarence Brown
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

Horse Feathers (1932)
    Norman Z. McLeod

Watch trailer:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I second Sabotage Directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

Country
    Country Flag

I’ll second Alice Adams.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Mystery of the Wax Museum
    Seconded - excellent movie.

sk

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Walking Dead (1936)
    Michael Curtiz

Watch trailer:
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Top Hat.

Country
    Country Flag

And now only 10 spots remain!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dracula's Daughter (1936)
    Lambert Hillyer

Watch trailer:
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

I suppose at this point we can finally reduce the seconding waiting period to one.

So, I'll second Dodsworth.

Stage Door (1937)
    Gregory La Cava

Watch trailer:
    2ND

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Camille.

Country
    Country Flag

Six spots left! I do have a few more to nominate, too!

Kameradschaft

The Awful Truth (1937)
    Leo McCarey

Watch trailer:
    2ND

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast