Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1930s

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Doctor X (1932)
    Michael Curtiz

Watch trailer:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Mystery of the Wax Museum

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gulliver's Travels (1939)
    Dave Fleischer

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

Since the seconding has slowed over the last 24 hours, should we move to a waiting period of one?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Since the seconding has slowed over the last 24 hours, should we move to a waiting period of one?
    Up to you

The Roaring Twenties

Country
    Country Flag

The super queer:

Sylvia Scarlett (1935)
    George Cukor

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Up to you
    I'll leave it as is until tomorrow, morning, and then we'll see. If nothing's moving by noon-ish, we'll go to one.

Zero for Conduct

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gulliver's Travels (1939)
    Dave Fleischer
    Seconded!

sk

Tarzan and His Mate (1934)
    Cedric Gibbons

Watch trailer:
    2ND

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'll second Little Women
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The Old Dark House (1932)
    James Whale

Watch trailer:
    This movie has been on my to-watch list forever now. I really should get to it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    The Old Dark House (1932)
    James Whale

Watch trailer:
    This movie has been on my to-watch list forever now. I really should get to it.
    It's streaming on Kanopy, if you have that with your local library. And Mubi. Also free on Tubi.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Morocco.

Country
    Country Flag

It's a Gift (1934)
    Norman Z. McLeod

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

Only 19 spots left and we have a backlog of 47 nominations! Plus I still have quite a few gems...

I'll second The Old Dark House, so good

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I'll second The Old Dark House, so good
    Horror movies were so so good in the 1930s!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Raven (1935)
    Dir: Lew Landers

Country
    Country Flag

The Cat and the Canary (1939)
    Elliott Nugent

Watch trailer:

Young Mr. Lincoln

Country
    Country Flag

The Story of Temple Drake (1933)
    Stephen Roberts

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

Unseconded list now stands at 50! Definitely need to get some seconding happening.

Red Dust

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast