Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Movie List

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2023 Movie List

2023 Movie List

Past Years Links:
    2013 56 films
    2014 60 films
    2015 95 films
    2016 102 films
    2017 ***
    2018 ***
    2019 13 films
    2020 31 films
    2021 26 films
    2022 14 films

blue = at the theater, red = dvd or streaming, * = rewatch.

2023 Movies:

1. The Power of the Dog
    2. Navalny
    3. All the Beauty, All the Bloodshed
    4. All that Breathes
    5. Juice WRLD: Into the Abyss
    6. Drive My Car
    7. The Banshees of Inisherin
    8. Tiger
    9. Elvis
    10. Tar
    11. Sound of Metal
    12. Living
    13. Okja
    14. West Side Story
    15. Sarah Silverman: Someone You Love
    16. The Whale
    17. The Fabelmans
    18. Triangle of Sadness
    19. Women Talking
    20. Top Gun: Maverick
    21. Aftersun
    22. All Quiet on the Western Front
    23. Fire of Love
    24. Babylon
    25. The Killer
    Last edited by Lookwhoitis; 02-07-2024 at 07:24 AM.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List
    2020 List
    2021 List
    2022 List

1. The Menu
    2. American Gothic
    3. Tales from the Crypt (1972)
    4. White Noise
    5. Top Gun: Maverick

*rewatch
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you enjoy The Menu? I thought it was really good.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I loved it! Thought it was very well done (no pun intended)

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List
    2020 List
    2021 List
    2022 List

1. The Menu
    2. American Gothic
    4. White Noise
    6. See How They Run
    7. Fall
    8. The Family Stone (not finished)

*rewatch

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I loved it! Thought it was very well done (no pun intended)
    That was perfect!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List
    2020 List
    2021 List
    2022 List

1. White Noise
    2. Amsterdam
    3. The Menu
    4. The Pale Blue Eye
    5. The Killing of Two Lovers
    6. Avatar: The Way of Water
    7. A Man Called Otto
    8. Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio
    9. Babylon
    10. The Fabelmans

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How was Pale Blue Eye? And The Fabelmans? It didn't even open at my AMC!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    How was Pale Blue Eye? And The Fabelmans? It didn't even open at my AMC!
    I thought The Pale Blue Eye was good. I'm a big Scott Cooper fan though and I love that time period. It was a good mystery that kept me guessing. It was also cool seeing Edgar Allen Poe involved.

I need to see Fabelmans again. While I enjoyed it and appreciate what Spielberg was going for, something was missing for me. It probably didn't help that I had just seen Babylon the day before. Two completely different films that both deal with filmmaking and the love of cinema.

The fact that Fabelmans didn't even open at your theater shows how much the movies and their audience has changed. A film like Fabelmans would have been a box office smash back in the day.

I put together my favorite films of 1998 list the other day. All 15 films on my list were original films. No sequels or franchises.

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List
    2020 List
    2021 List
    2022 List

1. The Menu
    2. American Gothic
    4. White Noise
    6. See How They Run
    7. Fall
    9. Sixteen Candles*
    10. The Pale Blue Eye

*rewatch

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Every year I say "I'm going to update and maintain this list!" And every year I end up failing to do that. Why should 2023 be any different?

1. Avatar 2 ****
    2. Jackass Forever *****
    3. The Whale ****
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List
    2020 List
    2021 List
    2022 List

1. The Menu
    2. American Gothic
    4. White Noise
    6. See How They Run
    7. Fall
    9. Sixteen Candles*
    10. The Pale Blue Eye
    11. From Dusk ‘til Dawn*
    12. Amsterdam
    13. Violent Night

*rewatch

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List
    2020 List
    2021 List
    2022 List

2023 List:

M3GAN
    The Invitation
    Lou
    Insidious*
    Smile
    Insidious: Chapter 2*
    The Pale Blue Eye
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List
    2020 List
    2021 List
    2022 List

1. The Menu
    2. American Gothic
    4. White Noise
    6. See How They Run
    7. Fall
    9. Sixteen Candles*
    10. The Pale Blue Eye
    11. From Dusk ‘til Dawn*
    12. Amsterdam
    13. Violent Night
    14. The Banshees of Inisherin
    15. You People
    16. Pretty In Pink*
    17. The Nanny
    18. Jennifer's Body*
    19. Triangle of Sadness

*rewatch

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Avatar 2 ****
    2. Jackass Forever *****
    3. The Whale ****
    4. Mr. Turner **** (RW)
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Menu was great. White Noise was horrible, a very big letdown.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Every year I say "I'm going to update and maintain this list!" And every year I end up failing to do that. Why should 2023 be any different?

1. Avatar 2 ****
    2. Jackass Forever *****
    3. The Whale ****
    You have Letterboxd, right Matt? It makes it easy to track movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    The Menu was great. White Noise was horrible, a very big letdown.
    Agree about White Noise. One of the more annoying films I've seen in a long time. I'm a huge Driver fanboy too, so I was disappointed.

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List
    2020 List
    2021 List
    2022 List

1. The Menu
    2. American Gothic
    4. White Noise
    6. See How They Run
    7. Fall
    9. Sixteen Candles*
    10. The Pale Blue Eye
    11. From Dusk ‘til Dawn*
    12. Amsterdam
    13. Violent Night
    15. You People
    16. Pretty In Pink*
    17. The Nanny
    18. Jennifer's Body*
    19. Triangle of Sadness
    20. My Cousin Vinny*
    21. The Beach Bum
    22. Prophecy
    23. Everything Everywhere All At Once

*rewatch

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List
    2020 List
    2021 List
    2022 List

2023 List:

M3GAN
    The Invitation
    Lou
    Insidious*
    Smile
    Insidious: Chapter 2*
    The Pale Blue Eye
    Groundhog Day
    The Good Nurse
    Insidious: Chapter 3*
    Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
    The Menu
    Man on a Ledge
    The Last Blockbuster
    Pearl
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List
    2020 List
    2021 List
    2022 List

1. White Noise
    2. Amsterdam
    3. The Menu
    4. The Pale Blue Eye
    5. The Killing of Two Lovers
    6. Avatar: The Way of Water
    7. A Man Called Otto
    8. Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio
    9. Babylon
    10. The Fabelmans
    11.M3Gan
    12. The Good Nurse
    13. Shortcomings
    14. Sometimes I Think About Dying
    15. Infinity Pool
    16. Magazine Dreams
    17. The Starling Girl
    18. Run Rabbit Run
    19. Aliens Abducted My Parents and Now I Feel Kinda Left Out
    20. Animalia
    21. Smile
    22. Tar
    23. Kimi
    24. Men
    25. Armageddon Time
    26. The Adam Project
    27. Remember the Titans
    Last edited by Still Servant; 01-01-2024 at 04:43 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

All right, Mike, can you now understand my rage with Men?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List
    2020 List
    2021 List
    2022 List

1. The Menu
    2. American Gothic
    4. White Noise
    6. See How They Run
    7. Fall
    9. Sixteen Candles*
    10. The Pale Blue Eye
    11. From Dusk ‘til Dawn*
    12. Amsterdam
    13. Violent Night
    15. You People
    16. Pretty In Pink*
    17. The Nanny
    18. Jennifer's Body*
    19. Triangle of Sadness
    20. My Cousin Vinny*
    21. The Beach Bum
    22. Prophecy
    23. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    24. Shotgun Wedding
    25. Emily the Criminal
    26. Old Henry
    27. The Italian Job*
    28. Room
    29. Room with a View
    30. Megan
    31. Men
    32. Life After Beth
    33. No Time To Die
    34. The Blob (1988)*
    35. Puss In Boots: The Last Wish
    36. Casino Royale

*rewatch

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

1. Avatar 2 ****
    2. Jackass Forever *****
    3. The Whale ****
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    All right, Mike, can you now understand my rage with Men?
    I've been meaning to message you, but I was waiting for my thoughts to kind of come together after watching the film, which never really happened. That said, I did not hate the film, I'm just not sure what Garland was going for. What I do know is that he didn't stick the landing.

Maybe it's because you, and many others, lowered my expectations, but I didn't loathe the movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast