Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Book List

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2023 Book List

2023 Book List

Past years Links

Books

1. Fledgling - Octavia Butler
    (started 12/30/22, finished 1/23/23 )
    2. Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson
    (started 10/03/22, finished 1/30/23 )
    3. The Dragon Reborn (audiobook) - Robert Jordan
    (started 10/28/22, finished 2/03/23 )
    4. Record of a Spaceborn Few - Becky Chambers
    (started 2/12/23, finished 2/25/23 )
    5. The Glass Hotel - Emily St. John Mandel
    (started 2/20/23, finished 3/03/23 )
    6. Blood of the Prophets: Brigham Young and the Massacre at Mountain Meadows - Will Bagley
    (started 8/06/22, finished 3/11/23 )
    7. The Darkness that Comes Before - R. Scott Bakker
    (started 12/01/22, finished 04/01/23 )
    8. The Name of the Wind (audiobook) - Patrick Rothfuss
    (started 2/04/23, finished 4/21/23 )
    9. Babel - R.F. Kuang
    (started 3/28/23, finished 4/25/23 )
    10. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI - David Grann
    (started 5/02/23, finished 5/06/23 )
    11. The Unbroken - C. L. Clark
    (started 3/03/23, finished 5/27/23 )
    12. Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West - Dee Brown
    (started 04/10/23, finished 06/13/23 )
    13. The Steal: The Attempt to Overturn the 2020 Election and the People Who Stopped It
    - Mark Bowden & Matthew Teague (started 07/02/23, finished 07/22/23 )
    14. The Wise Man's Fear (audiobook) - Patrick Rothfuss
    (started after 4/21/23, finished 8/01/23 )
    15. The City We Became - N. K. Jemisin
    (started 5/19/23, finished 8/15/23 )
    16. Holly - Stephen King
    (started 9/08/23, finished 9/24/23 )
    17. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (audiobook) - Douglas Adams
    (started 8/04/23, finished 9/27/23 )
    18. Different Seasons - Stephen King
    (started 7/03/23, finished 10/07/23 )
    19. The Passenger - Cormac McCarthy
    (started 10/12/23, finished 11/04/23 )
    20. Mexican Gothic - Stephen King
    (started 8/15/23, finished 11/10/23 )
    21. Sea of Tranquility - Emily St. John Mandel
    (started 11/12/23, finished 11/29/23 )
    22. Stormfront - Jim Butcher
    (started 8/17/23, finished 12/12/23 )
    23. The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
    (started 11/12/23, finished 12/29/23 )

Comics

Anthologies

1. Library of America: Octavia E. Butler - Kindred, Fledgling, Collected Stories - Octavia Butler
    (started 11/13/22, finished 1/26/23 )

In Progress
    Where White Men Fear to Tread - Russell Means
    (re-started 06/20/23, finished 00/00/23 )
    The Guns of August - Barbara Tuchman
    (re-started 9/22/21, finished 00/00/23 )
    The Heartbeat of Wounded Knee - David Treuer
    (started 07/17/23, finished 00/00/23 )
    The Second World War: A Military History - Gordon Corrigan
    (started 06/20/22, finished 00/00/23 )
    Cinema Speculation - Quentin Tarantino
    (started 10/19/23, finished 00/00/23 )
    Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America - Nancy MacLean
    (started 12/06/23, finished 00/00/23 )
    The Dawn of Everything: A New History of Humanity - David Graeber & David Wengrow
    (re-started 00/00/23, finished 00/00/23 )

Station Eleven - Emily St. John Mandel
    (re-started 0/00/23, finished 0/00/23 )
    The Vampire Lestat - Anne Rice
    (re-started 0/00/23, finished 0/00/23 )
    Fairy Tale - Stephen King
    (started 10/31/22, finished 00/00/23 )
    The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower - Stephen King
    (re-started 10/03/22, finished 00/00/23 )

Deadhouse Gates- Steven Erikson (re-started 3/07/21, finished 4/00/21 )
    The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever: The Illearth War - Stephen R. Donaldson
    (started 5/00/21, finished 5/00/21 )
    Black Leopard Red Wolf - Marlon James (re-started 1/00/21, finished )
    Stand on Zanzibar - John Brunner
    (started 12/16/20, finished 2/00/21 )
    Last edited by Lookwhoitis; 12-31-2023 at 09:06 PM.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

1. Uzumaki - Junji Ito
    2. Gyo - Junji Ito
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1. Alastair Reynolds - Belladonna Nights
    2. Charles Dickens - A Christmas Carol
    3. Mick Wall - Enter Night: Metallica, the Biography
    4. Dan Simmons - Prayers to Broken Stones
    5. Carolyn Ives Gilman - Dark Orbit
    6. John Fowles - The Collector

7. Philip Fracassi - Commodore
    8. Eric LaRocca - They Were Here Before Us
    9. Jeffrey Thomas - Punktown
    10. Mark Samuels - Glyphotech and Other Macabre Processes

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Rise of Endymion - Dan Simmons
    Mark Twain

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
    2. The Consultant by Bentley Little
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

How did you like "The Cabin..."?
    I hated it when I finished it but has grown to one of my favorites. I gnaws on you.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Rise of Endymion - Dan Simmons

Comic Collections
    1. Kingdom Come
    2. Batman: The Doom that Came to Gotham
    Mark Twain

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I hated it when I finished it but has grown to one of my favorites. I gnaws on you.
    I know you didn't ask me, but I loved Cabin. The ending to that book is one of my all-time favorites. It was very powerful and definitely sticks with you. I'm excited about the upcoming movie but also super nervous about M Night might do to the story.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it was great. I have the same fears with M Night. He is either great or really bad, not much in between. I will be seeing it on the first weekend regardless. Tremblay is for the most part great at ending his stories. The Pallbearers Club is a fine example.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

I agree, I love the endings to his books. I have The Pallbearers Club but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Hopefully soon.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Duck Luck - Carl Barks
    2. Skeleton Crew - Stephen King
    3. Uncle Scrooge: The Diamond Jubilee Collection (currently reading)
    4. George R.R. Martin: Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (currently reading)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List
    2019 List
    2020 List
    2021 List
    2022 List

2023 List:

1. The Witch Hunter - Max Seeck (currently reading)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was pretty good. Tremblay is one of my favorite authors.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2. Skeleton Crew - Stephen King
    3. Uncle Scrooge: The Diamond Jubilee Collection - Carl Barks (currently reading)
    4. George R.R. Martin: Knight of the Seven Kingdoms
    5. It - Stephen King (currently re-reading)

sk

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I thought it was pretty good. Tremblay is one of my favorite authors.
    Same here. I have a very nice collection of his stuff. Some are extremely hard to find, but I did.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

1. Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
    2. The Consultant by Bentley Little
    3. How to Sell a Haunted House by Grady Hendrix
    4. Found: An Anthology of Found Footage Horror Stories edited by Andrew Cull and Gabino Iglesias

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Found: An Anthology of Found Footage Horror Stories edited by Andrew Cull and Gabino Iglesias
    This looks mighty interesting.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    It - Stephen King
    Can't go wrong with this, baby.

Re-reading It is like moving in with friends (very young friends 65 years ago going through a terrifying time, but still).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

3. Uncle Scrooge: The Diamond Jubilee Collection (currently reading)
    sk
    The "Good Duck" man was a talented storyteller and artist. If I make it to retirement I plan to re-read the complete Carl Barks Library.

1. Uzumaki - Junji Ito
    2. Gyo - Junji Ito
    3. Hester - Laurie Lico Albanese
    4. Road of Bones - Christopher Golden
    5. Daphne - Josh Malerman
    6. Naomi's Room - Jonathan Aycliffe
    7. Skeleton Crew - Stephen King
    8. Draculas - Crouch, Kilbourne, Strand, Wilson
    9. Snowblind - Michael McBride
    10. Tomie - Junji Ito

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Daphne - Josh Malerman-good?
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    3. Uncle Scrooge: The Diamond Jubilee Collection - Carl Barks (currently reading)
    sk
    The "Good Duck" man was a talented storyteller and artist. If I make it to retirement I plan to re-read the complete Carl Barks Library.
    Retired myself and that's exactly what I am doing. Only thing is, I'm reading the Fantagraphics editions whenever a new one is being released. So far, 23 released and read, think about 10, give or take, to go. Hope I'll last that long!

sk

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Retired myself and that's exactly what I am doing. Only thing is, I'm reading the Fantagraphics editions whenever a new one is being released. So far, 23 released and read, think about 10, give or take, to go. Hope I'll last that long!
    sk
    Retirement is likely 3-4 years away for me.
    I started collecting the Carl Barks Library back in 1984 and from there learned about the Barks lithographs (have several), The Fine Art of Donald Duck and the Another Rainbow porcelain figures (have one). The Fantagraphics editions are nice; I purchased the first five or six for my son.

Daphne - Josh Malerman-good?
    I enjoyed it. It's definitely not one of my favorites of his, but it's not my least favorite either. I thought it was a solid story and worth a read.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

2023 book list

1. Hannibal - Thomas Harris (reading)
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast