Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Elliot HP Spencer

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Very nice collection! I need to seek out some signed 1st editions by King.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Thank you.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot HP Spencer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Thank you.
    You're welcome. =)
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So the credit card has been busy these past couple of months. Because, you know, who has to eat and pay bills.

Needful Things:

Danse Macabre PB:

Night Shift PB:

This was the book that hooked me on King when I was a kid. Loved the creepy cover art by Don Brautigam.

Misery:

I lucked out in getting 3 out of 4 of this book lot. From what I understood from the seller, these were books King gifted to a friend. Ted Warner was a VP at the now defunct Casco Bank and Trust in Maine. Stephen King was his client and a personal friendship developed.

Night Shift:

Salem's Lot PB:

This was hard to get the embossed face in the photo.

The Shining PB:

Different Seasons:

My first purchase from Betts Books. Hope to be able to purchase more in the future.

The Ideal Genuine Man Trade HC:

I've never looked into large print editions of King titles. Not signed but when I saw this, just thought it was cool looking. Liked the UK cover art.

ISIS Night Shift:

A couple of old and new signed ephemera.

A signed invite/pass to the 1999 Vermont Library Conference. Stephen King was the keynote speaker. His speech on May 26th was entitled The Bogeyboys and it was about adolescent violence in schools.

A 1st edition copy of Black House with the Constant Reader letter and signed Dark Tower book mark:

And lastly, for this listing, the book that got me hooked on collecting King inscribed books. I acquired this from Topper Helmers, a former Disney Imagineer and an illustrator/artist that worked for DC and Marvel, to name a few. He got the book signed at the Forbidden Planet in NYC on 4/26/83.

CUJO:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Some very unique inscriptions, and recipients, as well as classic early King signatures.

Congratulations.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Definitely some distinctive items.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Love the early signatures. Congratulations.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you to everyone for your interest and kind comments!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing stuff !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Amazing stuff !!!
    Thank you. Much appreciated.

Gunslinger Apprentice roopeshjoshi is on a distinguished road

Very lovely set of books with great inscriptions. I love the paperbacks, and also the inscribed UK Eyes of the Dragon. Some UK covers are really pretty.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by roopeshjoshi View Post
    Very lovely set of books with great inscriptions. I love the paperbacks, and also the inscribed UK Eyes of the Dragon. Some UK covers are really pretty.
    Thank you. Always appreciated.

Country
    Country Flag

Damn you Stephen King! Why must I seek out your signatures? It's my new heroin. Anyways, here's bunches of new and old stuff in no particular order.

These first two appeared recently in the Your New P&J thread.
    A Life in the Cinema Artist Presentation:

Carrie:

This below was signed at the Savannah Book Festival in 2012.

The Shining:

I saw this online a while back but before I could pull the trigger, it was gone. But recently it popped up again at auction and I was able to obtain it.

The Shining PB in a nifty custom traycase:

I was able to get an upgrade on The Talisman. My other copy is pretty beat up.
    The Talisman:

With these inscriptions, I try to find the history, if possible. These next two come from an LA based author by the name of Michael Gregg Michaud. He's written a bunch of short stories and a few books, mainly biographies. His most well known being a biography on Sal Mineo.

Skeleton Crew:

Different Seasons:

I was finally able to add a copy of The Stand and Salem's Lot to my collection.

With this copy of Four Past Midnight, it was inscribed to Darrell Henline. Darrell Henline was the founder of After Dark magazine and editor and publisher of the SoHo Weekly News a direct competitor of The Village Voice at the time it existed.

The Best American Short Stories 2007 PB:

Always liked this book, Creepshows. Not signed by Stephen King but signed by a bunch of contributors at a Dark Delicacies signing in 2001. Signees include Editor Stephen Jones, Mick Garris, Cynthia Garris, Bernie Wrightson, Dennis Etchison, Night Flyer director, Mark Pavia and two others I'm unfamiliar with.

I really liked this traycase to the Century's Best Horror Fiction by CD. Regrettably, my only Dolso case. The case was bought empty but I filled it with trade editions of volume I & II.

And finally, I'm a big fan of Michael Whelan, like many here. He's one of the artists, back in the day, that inspired me to go to art school. This was an associates copy of The Art of Michael Whelan and it came with a cool extra remarque.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Great to see that paperback The Shining (what an edition; that and the wordless Salem's Lot are about as memorable as paperbacks get) get that treatment.

Of course, that's the least of what you've posted there (so much great stuff).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Great to see that paperback The Shining (what an edition; that and the wordless Salem's Lot are about as memorable as paperbacks get) get that treatment.

Of course, that's the least of what you've posted there (so much great stuff).
    Thank you. I lucked out getting this and the traycase was a real bonus. When I originally saw it online, it was just the book. I was actually shocked how nice the traycase was.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Thank you!

Country
    Country Flag

A few new adds to my collection.

Charlie the Choo-Choo:

Cujo statue to join my Oy statue. The base was signed by Dee Wallace.
    Cujo Homemade Horror Statue:

And lastly for this post, I added a second copy of Pet Sematary to the collection. Slight upgrade of sorts, this one has a dated inscription.
    Pet Sematary:

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Amazing collection!! Congrats on the books you've added!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You are doing great! Keep up the collecting, and thanks for sharing.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Amazing collection!! Congrats on the books you've added!!
    Thank you.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You are doing great! Keep up the collecting, and thanks for sharing.
    Thank you. Very much appreciate the encouragement.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Awesome stuff Elliot. I am trying to get more signed and inscribed first ed, but I am working on something now that is pretty big. Not in the title of the book. People probably won't
    be impressed. But the entire package has one of a kind or very rare items. But you are doing great and have a wonderful collection. Keep on going.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Signed 1st editions. Nothing better, though only my personal choice.
    You appear to have them in abundance.
    Wonderful Elliot, just wonderful.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice suff, big congrats !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast