Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fairy Tale *spoilers*

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Fairy Tale *spoilers*

What did people think of this?

To be honest I had a bit of a hard time getting through it. It took around a month for me to finish and I was able to get through IT in less than a week the first time I read it.

I think I was more interested in Charlie's relationship with Mr. Bowditch and Radar than any of the 'fairy tale' stuff. Once the focus went from that to saving the fantasy realm from evil it just felt kind of by the numbers. As far as recent books go I think 'The Institute' and even 'Billy Summers' were better.

To be clear this wasn't a bad book by any means but it's just not something I would rank highly against King's other books...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed it!!! At least it had a decent ending!! lol Seriously though, I really liked it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

John F. Kennedy Dead Man is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Dead

The first part of it was great. The “fairy tale” part was fine enough but it felt very much like a Way of Kings. You kinda knew where it was going too. That being said I still enjoyed it and I like the premise. This seems to be either a love or hate type book though as far as reviews. I know some who just loved it to death. Also others who thought it was trash. I thought it was good. Not as good of a fantasy as The Talisman which is a classic but still solid. It would be better than Eyes of the Dragon, except for the fact that Flagg is in eyes.

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

1stly i'm shocked this doesn't have more posts! 2ndly i'm currently reading this and i'm on chapter #18 page #319 and as much as i love King he's my favorite author i'm having trouble getting through this damn thing and many seem to love this one so far i dunno why? but than i still have ways to go before i finish it

Gunslinger Apprentice Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

I'm impartial to this book but it pales in comparison with Imajica and Weaveworld. I miss King at his supernatural best.

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

i haven't read those i do own Imajica on paperback but i've never gotten off my ass to actually read the damn thing lol and the other i've never read either, this book fucking FINALLY picked up with Charlie Getting caught it took it's sweet ass time i mean i don't expect action in every chapter but damn with him getting caught nearly #350 pages in you think that's long enough for him to pick up the pace? it is slowly getting better now but i'm holding any opinion off until i finish this book

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Honvie View Post
    …it pales in comparison with Imajica and Weaveworld.
    Most things do.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Bottom 3 King. Not much else to say. I finished it because it's King. I forced myself to power through because of mindless loyalty.

Country
    Country Flag

though i haven't finished it yet i don't think yet that it's his bottom 3 worst books

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I could easily see this being an ABC 2-part made-for-tv movie.
    Part 1 Discovery
    Part 2 The Other World

...if today were 20 years ago.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

that i agree with i can see this as a Tv Miniseries if it gets the right budget it could work if everything fell into place i mean, cast, script, director etc...

Country
    Country Flag

i enjoyed this but my only gripe is that it took way to fucking long to get really good it was way to damn slow

+ Reply to Thread