Sketch cards are hand-crafted miniature original art pieces that come in a variety of sizes, including the standard trading card size (2.5"x3.5"), a "pano" (panel) size comprising two standard cards (3.5"x5"), a triptych (3.5"x7.5") and a "twice-up" size (5"x7" or four cards stacked 2x2). Each one is an original 1/1 piece and not intended for reproduction.

The cards lend themselves well to creating in a series, are not as time-consuming as larger pieces, and are quite affordable to buy, trade and collect--and they're easy to ship. Plus, they don't take up a lot of space in a collection and display very well using toploaders, card frames, easels and other trading card supplies. In short, they are a lot of fun for both creators and collectors. Aside from "official" sketch cards mixed at random into retail packs for lucky collectors (and dealers) to find when purchasing card releases at stores, many artists create their own personalized card blanks to commission, create tribute fan art and parodies, or craft their own original characters and series. In this thread, I'll be sharing some of my creations--both "official" and personal, starting with my Inktober project, a series of horror tribute cards I think of as the Cards from the Crypt! 🦇💀☠

With apologies to Al Feldstein...
EC Comics tribute card (2.5"x3.5")
💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀