Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cards from the Crypt: Sketch Cards and Art by Ryan ⓡ

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I'm sorry, but this has kinda been bugging me. I love your work, but am unclear on what the little r in a circle is suppose to be. It's not a trademark notice.
    He is attempting to copyright/trademark the lower case "r" as related to his original art.
    I'm not too savvy about copyright/trademark law, but there are only 26 letters in the common alphabet. I sure hope that 52 people won't be able to copyright/trademark the upper and lower case letters.
    Of course if the letter is a unique artsist created font, perhaps it could be copyrighted, trademarked as an image but once again, it's a very complicated question.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If he is saying "Art by Ryan" is his trademark, one can only use a capital R in a circle if the mark is registered with the USPTO. If not, it should be a TM in a circle for an unregistered mark.
    If he hits it big I'd hate to see the TM police go after him.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    If he is saying "Art by Ryan" is his trademark, one can only use a capital R in a circle if the mark is registered with the USPTO. If not, it should be a TM in a circle for an unregistered mark.
    If he hits it big I'd hate to see the TM police go after him.
    Actually in a PM to me clarifying if he could change his member name:

"Lol, no, really I sign with a lower-case r in a circle that is not meant to be a registered trademark symbol--it's meant much more humbly than that, but that was the closest symbol I could find.

I just found a better one. Will the board support this:

Ryan ⓡ

?

thx"

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

On a completely unrelated note (I think F minor), I've been collecting sketch trading cards for years and was very happy to add one of Ryan's to my world famous (in my mind only) collection!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK. It's just as a (retired) trademark attorney it kinda set off bells.
    Good luck Ryan!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2