Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone here printed their own copy of The Plant?

Traveler nerdyclayton will become famous soon enough nerdyclayton will become famous soon enough

Default Has anyone here printed their own copy of The Plant?

I知 wanting to have my own copy of The Plant printer so I can sit it on my King shelf. I would prefer a hardback book that値l line up nicely with his other books.

Has anyone here done this?

I知 interested in learning how exactly to do it, what printing service you used, and if anyone has tips.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyclayton View Post
    I知 wanting to have my own copy of The Plant printer so I can sit it on my King shelf. I would prefer a hardback book that値l line up nicely with his other books.

I知 interested in learning how exactly to do it, what printing service you used, and if anyone has tips.
    It's been done before.

Traveler nerdyclayton will become famous soon enough nerdyclayton will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

It's been done before.
    Have you done it? I知 trying to find the best printing service to use for it, and wondering about making a dust jacket too.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The dj will be the toughest part.
    There are numerous binders out there, but not many want to take a small job. It's important to have the correct file, font, quality paper that is the correct size, and the correct printer for the job.
    Keep in mind you'll be printing on both sides of the paper

So far I can't find an online service that is working to print The Plant. The pdf files are split between parts 1-3 and 4-6, and they're both password protected so I can't even upload them easily.

I did figure out a way to override the password protection, but then when I upload it, it still says the files aren't compatible due to font size and whatnot.

This is proving to be very frustrating. Is paying someone who is more computer savvy to print me a copy considered a copyright violation?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No one said it would be easy.

IIRC, I gave a bound copy to a member here some time ago as a thank you. I did not however bind the book myself. It was done by someone with more patience and skill than I have.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So far I can't find an online service that is working to print The Plant. The pdf files are split between parts 1-3 and 4-6, and they're both password protected so I can't even upload them easily.

I did figure out a way to override the password protection, but then when I upload it, it still says the files aren't compatible due to font size and whatnot.

This is proving to be very frustrating. Is paying someone who is more computer savvy to print me a copy considered a copyright violation?
    Printing it out is not a copyright violation. You can print it and then bind it for your personal use with no concerns.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

IIRC, I gave a bound copy to a member here some time ago as a thank you. I did not however bind the book myself. It was done by someone with more patience and skill than I have.

I need a tutorial lol.

Tbh, I知 a little surprised there isn稚 more threads about people doing this, with instructions.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Given the recent events with RAGE, I would be wary of helping anyone to print their own copies of anything, because we don't know the intent. Is it really for personal use (which is fine), or not?

I would guess that it's likely different with "The Plant", which the author gaveaway for free. Without any password protection.

Otherwise, I've done it for a personal copy a few years ago.
    It was pretty easy and straight forward
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never used it but try looking at bookbaby.com.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

John F. Kennedy Mizdring will become famous soon enough Mizdring will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I did a one-off printing of a book using indigo spark. I had to sort the formatting etc myself but it was a reasonable cost for a single hardcover copy.

Note this wasn稚 anything copyrighted so I make no comment on that side of things.

+ Reply to Thread