Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2022 (Snacks Not Included)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Halloween Horror-thon 2022 (Snacks Not Included)

It's hard to believe it's that time of year again, but here we are! What's everyone planning on watching this season?

So far, I kicked off my Halloween watching with X and Extraterrestrial.

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to watch X for sure, and there's that Danish film Speak No Evil that's making a lot of waves in the indie circuit.

Apparently I need a Shudder subscription to watch the latter, so I'm thinking I'll sign up for the free 7 day trial and watch as many films as I can lel.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Shudder is worth the subscription in my opinion. It's a nice streaming service that makes some pretty decent original material and cool documentaries.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

First watch of the season!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The X reminded me; has anyone seen a movie called Xtro?

It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched X because the preview for Pearl really intrigued me. X was okay for a basic slasher, but I'm looking forward to Pearl.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This year I've filled out a calendar with a smorgasbord of movies. The idea being that a movie is already picked out for every day. That way I don't have to figure out what to watch, just when to fit it in. I've also got a full plate of tv. House of The Dragon, The Rings of Power, Survivor, Amazing Race, and Big Sky are the current shows I'm watching. I was going through Murder She Wrote, but that's going to have to wait for now. And then a lot of fall activities with the family. October is going to fly bye in the best way!

Leading up to Oct.

31 days of Horror

Halloween Cooldown

Reviews:

Sept 25 Hatchet II * $$$ Slasher/Swamp/Gore/Nudity. Pretty much went by the book, but it itches that itch pretty good.

Sept 26 Extraterrestrial * $$$ Alien Slasher? Yeah, that's what it is!

[Disclaimer: These are of course just my opinions]
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Damn, Matt. You've got it all mapped out.

I've been watching a lot of movies the past couple weeks because I've already got the Halloween itch. So far, I've watched It Follows, The Wretched, Paranormal Activity, Get Out, Hell House, and Elvira's Haunted Hills.
    These were all first-time watches for me.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

I've been watching a lot of movies the past couple weeks because I've already got the Halloween itch. So far, I've watched It Follows, The Wretched, Paranormal Activity, Get Out, Hell House, and Elvira's Haunted Hills.
    I'll have to add The Wretched to my future watchlist, the trailer looks pretty enticing. It Follows was great. I thought Get Out was cool. I really dig found footage, and Para and Hell House are some of my favorites. (Stay the hell away from the hell house sequels though! ) Haven't seen that Elvira movie either.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post

Yes, the X also reminded me of that movie, couldn't remember what it was called exactly, so glad you mentioned. Saw it when I was 14ish. Watching

Spoiler:
    a woman give birth to full grown man was shocking at the time
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Speak No Evil just ruined my night, damn!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Yes, the X also reminded me of that movie, couldn't remember what it was called exactly, so glad you mentioned. Saw it when I was 14ish. Watching...[redacted] was shocking at the time.
    I was probably around the same age, and pretty much everything in it shocked me.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd watch Xtro, but it looks like it might be hard to find. It's uploaded to dailymotion, buuuuut, not sure what else you get by being on that website. (spam)

Any recommendations on where to watch or purchase?

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Spirit Halloween: The Movie the other night and thought it was pretty good. It's a light-hearted Halloween movie that's good when you want to satisfy a spooky craving rather than all-out horror stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Leading up to Oct.

31 days of Horror

Halloween Cooldown

Reviews:

Sept 25 Hatchet II * $$$ Slasher/Swamp/Gore/Nudity. Pretty much went by the book, but it itches that itch pretty good.

Sept 26 Extraterrestrial * $$$ Alien Slasher? Yeah, that's what it is!

You've got some good viewing ahead of you! And I love that you included a "Halloween Cooldown."

I just watched Planet Terror and Extraterrestrial for the first time within the past few weeks. And Hush is wonderful.

So far, I've watched It Follows, The Wretched, Paranormal Activity, Get Out, Hell House, and Elvira's Haunted Hills.
    You really are killing it so far...and it's not even October yet!

I'm gonna add The Wretched to my list, too.

Haven't seen that Elvira movie either.
    You gotta--they're so good!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hocus Pocus 2 comes out on Friday...

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'll have to add The Wretched to my future watchlist, the trailer looks pretty enticing. It Follows was great. I thought Get Out was cool. I really dig found footage, and Para and Hell House are some of my favorites. (Stay the hell away from the hell house sequels though! ) Haven't seen that Elvira movie either.
    The Wretched is a good one to watch when you want something in the horror genre without really getting too scared or invested. I enjoyed it.
    Get Out was really good. It definitely did a great job of making me uneasy. I've always enjoyed Jordan Peele's comedy, but Get Out made me want to check out his other works.

Oh! I forgot to add that I watched Little Evil on Netflix. I'd highly recommend that for anyone wanting a funny horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

So far, I've watched It Follows, The Wretched, Paranormal Activity, Get Out, Hell House, and Elvira's Haunted Hills.
    You really are killing it so far...and it's not even October yet!

I'm gonna add The Wretched to my list, too.

Haven't seen that Elvira movie either.
    You gotta--they're so good!
    The Wretched was a good one for when you want a light scare. I'd watch it again.

Yeah, Matt. The Elvira movies are pretty fun.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Haha yeah I haven't watched it yet, but I've heard some parts are brutal, the ending in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Haha yeah I haven't watched it yet, but I've heard some parts are brutal, the ending in particular.
    I wasn't expecting all that!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Leading up to Oct.

31 days of Horror

Halloween Cooldown

Reviews:

Sept 27 Resident Evil Welcome To Raccoon City *$$$ This was the version of R.E. that should have been made before. This had action, but it wasn't an action film like the previous series of movies.

Sept 28 Ghostbusters II $$$ Vigo vs Statue of Liberty. Bill Murray is classic.

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Rob Zombie's The Munsters last night, and it was...not great. Zombie has a great visual eye, but seems to really have a hard time writing a coherent and well paced screenplay.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The first episode of Queer for Fear on Shudder was excellent. Bodies Bodies Bodies was not.
    Watched The Storm of the Century for the third time. First was original air dates by myself. Second was late 2000s with my best friend and this last time with my BF. It's aged well and remains one of King's best screenplays.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, 31 Days is here!

Leading up to Oct.

31 days of Horror

Halloween Cooldown

Reviews:

Sept 29 The Puppetmaster * $$$ I could definitely imagine this being a book and enjoying said book a lot. It had a lot going for it in weird magic, big mansion, creepy puppets. I think I would have enjoyed the heck out of it when I was younger.

Sept 30 Rawhead Rex * $$$ I'd compare it to John Carpenters Prince of Darkness. They aren't at the top of any lists, but they have some great moments in them that lift the whole movie up.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Leading up to Oct.

31 days of Horror

Halloween Cooldown

Reviews:

Oct 1 Mirrors * $$$ One of those J-Horror films with a vengeful spirit. Keifer has a strange way of acting. Mirrors in the dark have always creeped me out, so I thought it was good.

Oct 2 Demons * $$$$ This was perfect for me. Simple story, blood, sparse comedy, demons, and plenty of weirdness.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, also watched a couple with the kids. The Haunted Mansion (fri night) and Muppets Haunted Mansion (sat night).

The Haunted Mansion was pretty cool. My daughter really liked it. Although, it had some language my kids aren't used to hearing. I'd never seen it. There's a new one coming if you hadn't heard.

Muppets Haunted Mansion was altogether boring. Had a tough time keeping the kids in the room.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast