Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tale - UK Signed Limited - Who owns them?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    the statistic I am interested to know is how many people bought UK S/N LE Fairy Tale at published price and kept it for their collection (and didnt sell it for loads of pounds or dollars)
    Why does that interest you?
    If you knew an accurate number, how would that help you?
    Since the publisher limited it to 200 people, essentially all UK buyers it was automatic that prices would skyrocket on the secondary market.

Very Very few people have only purchased all of King's book at issue price and never sold.
    I'm just interested in what the percentage might be from a statistical nature. It certainly seems like a majority of buyers at least are flipping the book. (but who knows, that supposition could be wrong, especially with such a limited amount of statistical data visible, thus my wondering) Why shouldn't they? the return is worthwhile. I'm not trying to say no one should sell the book aftermarket, lol. People can do whatever they want with what they purchase.

What is a signed book worth? What someone will pay for it on the aftermarket or what YOU would pay for it? I guess that just depends on perspective.

I straddle the cusp. I would have paid purchase price and happily kept the book in my collection (in fact I almost did, but for the UK restriction and my inability to come up with my mates mailing address in the UK in time), but I'm not going to pay $1700 for a copy (or even $1200). For me, personally that is just not worth it. For some people it surely is. The production certainly is an extremely limited and highly in demand book that some think could be King's last S/L.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

UK buyers had a BIG window of time. I announced this on Rare King and it did not sell out for HOURS. Only 200.. I thought it HAD to be a glitch with the time line.... and that orders were over sold. It wasn't. I had three copies I tried to get through friends that offered AND ONLY one stayed true... the other two seen what they were selling for and said they were keeping it. Oh well. I think thats shitty but it is what it is. NOW... saying that. I was approached by a guy (who I will not mention ever.. privacy in my selling is #1 to me) and offered me 6 copies. Yes.. 6. I bought every one and added 15% and sold them EASY AND for less than the $1750ish they are getting FAST on other mediums. Many went to friends here. They should arrive in a week or so as he had to collect them all and send to me in one load. I know MANY others that bought more than one. When those books sat there... UK buyers were like.. "shit, they are still there... ill get my brother to buy one, my mother... geez my best mate from 3rd grade!". They kept going back till sold out. SO.. I suspect about 50-75 of these were bought to re-sell. The sheer volume of US collectors is what is driving this market. They are the ones chasing the book. The book is good too. Im 30% and its my fav since Revival. I LOVE IT. It could be his last (ITS NOT.. I know this for a fact) maybe paying a roll... but I suspect this book to drop. Doctor Sleep UK and Wind UK were both 200 limitations too. AND a Shining sequel and a DT book.. BOTH sell for $600 or less. I LIVE DAY TO DAY on King values. Many here know this.. some do not but I spend my days (6am-10pm) literally working on King and his books. This will drop... how far remains to be seen. BUT for now and for some time they will remain HIGH as the US and other collector countries that were excluded work to fill the hole on their shelves/collections. Cheers
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I think your actions are honourable Kris, to take six books and only add 15% on each one. However I am at a loss as I do not see you mention 15% of any particular figure, just that they were below $1,750. Nonetheless I applaud your ethics.
    I only mention this as I have one to sell, number unknown, as it is still in the sealed inner box. What should I ask for this as I have never before been in this position. Not once have I ended up with a spare copy from original purchase. Or am I best retaining it to save embarrassment.
    Best wishes
    Alec.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I don't know what the original price was but I'll pay 15% over for one if someone wants to sell me one for that!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I don't know what the original price was but I'll pay 15% over for one if someone wants to sell me one for that!
    I agree, I am willing to pay 20% over issue price for one! That was extremely generous to charge only 15% over! This group is very generous and helpful to King collectors!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I agree, I am willing to pay 20% over issue price for one! That was extremely generous to charge only 15% over! This group is very generous and helpful to King collectors!
    I’m not sure whether Kris was saying he paid £300ish (£250 + 15%) and then sold them or if he took 15% commission on the sales of all 6. I think the latter.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope, like Kris, that this one will eventually settle down in price once the initial excitement wears off - I'm thinking in the Folio SHINING and MISERY range - but I don't really understand the crazy market anymore. I'd really like to get one, but I'm just not ready to pay over $1700 for it (which, by the way is a lot more when I have to convert to CDN funds). Until then, I'll just continue to watch and enjoy all the pics others post.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Kris takes 15% on all sales. That's okay.

What's worse for me is Lettered Later on sale by a member here. These were also sold for £250 and the seller is asking for £3000.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't mind people selling their property, i only bought one of these and i'm happy to have just one on my shelf & my first edition signed by King too.

I don't own the UK limited of Doctor Sleep or WTTKH, but if i wanted one than it might be easier for me to buy one on the secondary especially considering that these two novels also had the limited editions of 700 numbered copies that are essentially identical in appearance to the 200 signed editions, but have facsimile signatures instead of being signed personally by King- Fairy Tale, however, doesn't have this and thus i do believe that this will impact the value; how much more remains to be seen.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The release price was the same as Fairy Tale, but don’t forget that there are only 26 of these, which hugely impacts the value also
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would have kept my copy, but like most SK book sales online I got stiffed by the website - twice!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I It could be his last (ITS NOT.. I know this for a fact)
    Ignoring all the other stuff, another signed limited?

New story?
    Gwendys Final Task but thats now been mentioned by CD
    Fairy Tale US (CD perhaps?)
    Or the binc 100?

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I It could be his last (ITS NOT.. I know this for a fact)
    Ignoring all the other stuff, another signed limited?

New story?
    Gwendys Final Task but thats now been mentioned by CD
    Fairy Tale US (CD perhaps?)
    Or the binc 100?
    Last novel, so new story i think. 😉
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rattlesnakes.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Rattlesnakes.
    That's a novella, but who knows, maybe it warrants its own edition.

sk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who knows, maybe it would become a Cemetery Dance exclusive
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Kris takes 15% on all sales. That's okay.

What's worse for me is Lettered Later on sale by a member here. These were also sold for £250 and the seller is asking for £3000.
    Most people realise that signed Lettered copies of SK books are worth much more than £250, as Later and Joyland were both severely underpriced by Titan Books when first published.

Lettered copies of Later were previously selling for $4,000 USD (approx £3,600). Therefore listing a lettered copy of Later for £3,000 is more than reasonable.

A Lettered copy of Joyland will currently fetch much more than this, and it too was only £250 when first published.

FWIW, I didn't get to buy my Lettered copy of Later for £250. I had to trade several S/L books for it on the secondary market. In that sense I am essentially selling it at a loss.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have #144

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Along the Path of the Beam Dave1442397 is on a distinguished road

I won't find out what number I have until I visit my parents again next summer. The book is at their house, but I said not to open it - my father is one of those people that should be used in product testing. If it can be torn, dropped, or sent into a death spiral (his computer), it will be.

As Kris said, I couldn't believe these were still available when it was announced on the FB page. I thought for sure it was a website glitch, and I'd get an email canceling my order. I really liked Fairy Tale - more than anything else he's written in a while, I think, so I have no plans to ever get rid of it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I won't find out what number I have until I visit my parents again next summer.
    Such a very odd statement.
    Either you are a "World Traveler" or a vagabond...

Along the Path of the Beam Dave1442397 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I won't find out what number I have until I visit my parents again next summer.
    Such a very odd statement.
    Either you are a "World Traveler" or a vagabond...
    Lol, they live in Ireland, and I'm in New Jersey.

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have #42
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Country
    Country Flag

I have number 54.

Thx

John F. Kennedy bounce0320 will become famous soon enough bounce0320 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

#83 is me

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have # 136.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast