Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paul Greengrass to adapt & direct "Fairy Tale"

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default Paul Greengrass to adapt & direct "Fairy Tale"

How’s this for a powerhouse pairing? Paul Greengrass will adapt, direct and produce a feature adaptation of Fairy Tale, the bestselling novel by Stephen King that Scribner just published. King is a fan of Greengrass’s films, and has granted him the option — at the usual $1 against a healthy backend — for an epic tale that follows a 17-year old boy who inherits the keys to a terrifying world where good and evil are at war. The stakes could not be higher, for that world and ours, as he journeys into the mythic roots of human storytelling. It is the world creation that King so excels at.

From what I’ve heard, the property will be shopped imminently, and I expect there to be no shortage of bidders as studios and streamers look for branded titles with global theatrical tent pole potential, especially in the skilled hands of a filmmaker like Greengrass.

Greengrass and Greg Goodman will produce the film.

The author and the filmmaker confirmed the alliance

“Needless to say, I’m a Paul Greengrass fan and think he’s a wonderful choice for this film,” said King.

Added Greengrass: “Fairy Tale is a work of genius. A classic adventure story and also a disturbing contemporary allegory,” Greengrass most recently directed the underrated News Of The World.

>>> Source

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

great director!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was quick… lol
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

than i expect to get a huge headache i'm not even kidding i went with my folks a few years back to go and see the last Jason Bourne film and i got dizzy and a massive headache as did my mom cause of all the fucking shakey cam. it shook so much that i'm surprised you could even see the damn characters. so it's gonna suck if he's gonna be making it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet41 View Post
    than i expect to get a huge headache i'm not even kidding i went with my folks a few years back to go and see the last Jason Bourne film and i got dizzy and a massive headache as did my mom cause of all the fucking shakey cam. it shook so much that i'm surprised you could even see the damn characters. so it's gonna suck if he's gonna be making it.
    And they call me an "Old Fart"!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

you are and happy belated b-day man. movies yeah have given me headaches if they are too loud if i go and see them that's one thing but the way it was shot that damn camera shook so damn much that it was shaking in scenes that didn't call for it.
    whoever invented the idea that shaky cam needed to rely tension in a film needs to be kicked as hard as possible in the nuts if it was a guy. if they want to learn how to build tension do it through music if there's suppose to be tension a good example would be any of the Lethal Weapon films. hell CSI Miami at some point started to use it for no reason i'd say halfway through the series.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://deadline.com/2022/10/univers...al-1235136946/
    It’s a fairy-tale ending for Universal Pictures, which emerged from a heated auction to win Fairy Tale, an adaptation of the new Stephen King bestseller that Paul Greengrass will adapt and direct.

Greengrass will produce the film with Greg Goodman.

Studios and streamers were all over this one since Deadline revealed that Greengrass would direct. Key to the deal making at Uni is the strong relationship Greengrass has at the studio and with Universal Filmed Entertainment Group chairman Donna Langley. Greengrass directed the Bourne films, United 93 and most recently the Tom Hanks starrer News of the World at the studio.

Just published by Scribner, King’s Fairy Tale follows a 17-year-old boy who inherits the keys to a terrifying world where good and evil are at war, and the stakes could not be higher — for that world or ours — as he journeys into the mythic roots of human storytelling.

Said King, “Needless to say, I’m a Paul Greengrass fan and think he’s a wonderful choice for this film.”

Greengrass called the book “a work of genius — a classic adventure story and also a disturbing contemporary allegory.”

King is repped by Rand Holston Management and Gang Tyre Ramer. Greengrass is repped by CAA and Goodman Genow.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

News of the world was a great movie. I have not started to read this because I have other items on my plate, but hopefully this will be a good book to film translation.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to go, Stevie!!!

Mo money, mo money, MO MONEY!!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    News of the world was a great movie. I have not started to read this because I have other items on my plate, but hopefully this will be a good book to film translation.
    Like most King books, this one is going to be tough to adapt to the movies. There are some things that work in King's fictional world that don't translate well to the screen. It can be done but the misses are more frequent than the hits. And it's not just a matter of being true to the book. In fact, many of the best King films are ones that departed from the book. But hope springs eternal!

Country
    Country Flag

as i've always said it just depends on who the writer is and the director is, part of it is they have to have the heart and love of Stephen king and isn't into just making money but really do want to make the film, i think a lot of the time it's them doing the film cause it's just another job to them. they lack the passion is the term i'm looking for i think that's why i think they fail so much

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

IDK, I think this one has a good chance to be done well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

haven't read the book yet, is it good?

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yes.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yes.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's good to hear. Idk why it gives me Gaiman's The Graveyard Book vibes.

Maybe I'll add it to my Christmas wish list.

+ Reply to Thread