Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Regulators film in the works

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default The Regulators film in the works

Bohemia Group has optioned film rights to Stephen King’s bestseller The Regulators, tapping George Cowan to adapt the Western horror-thriller for the big screen.

First published by Dutton in 1996, The Regulators is the story of the peaceful suburban life on Poplar Street in Wentworth, Ohio that is shattered one fine day when four vans containing shotgun-wielding “regulators” terrorize the street’s residents, cold-bloodedly killing anyone foolish enough to venture outdoors. Houses mysteriously transform into log cabins and the street now ends in what looks like a child’s hand-drawn western landscape. Masterminding this sudden onslaught is an evil creature who has taken over the body of an autistic boy whose parents were killed in a drive-by shooting several months earlier.

The film adaptation of The Regulators is being shepherded by Bohemia Group’s Executive Vice-President, producer Justin Ross, who helped develop the King-approved script with Cowan.

“I’m delighted that the excitement of ‘The Regulators’ is coming to the screen,” King told Deadline. “This is going to be good.”

“We could not be more thrilled than to be working with the prolific Stephen King and his team on this project,” said Bohemia Group’s CEO, Susan Ferris. “The novel’s themes and characters resonate so powerfully, and we are looking forward to making an incredible film.”

“Working with Stephen King is a long-time wish fulfilled,” added Ross. “Susan and George and I look forward to doing the novel and its author proud.”

Celebrating his 75th birthday this year, King is an iconic, award-winning author who lives in Maine and Florida with his wife, novelist Tabitha King. The pair are regular contributors to a number of charities, including many libraries, and have been honored locally for their philanthropic activities. Previous books to film from King include It, It Chapter Two, The Shining, Misery and Pet Sematary, to name just a few.

Bohemia Group, Inc is a global management firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York City, London, Auckland, Seoul, Singapore, Berlin and most recently, Karachi, which was established in 1992. The firm launched its production and development arm Bohemia Group Originals in 2015, with recent film credits including the action-thriller The Last Deal and Gravitas Ventures’ release, A Dark Place. Bohemia is also currently setting up a feature adaptation of Elmore Leonard’s New York Times bestseller Mr. Paradise—likewise penned by Bohemia writer, Cowan. In addition, Bohemia is currently shopping a series based on the USA Today bestselling Liz Talbot Mysteries by Susan Boyer, as well as a series based on the acclaimed Coldfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman, which was a finalist for NPR’s Science Fiction and Fantasy Vote.

>>> Source

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm about 50/50 looking forward to this and dreading it at the same time. This will not be an easy adaption.

It's kind of like Dreamcatcher where a lot of the story takes place inside the mind of a character. That was a terrible adaption of a pretty decent story.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a bit surprised Hollywood would take this on at the current time given the sensitivities about gun violence. There have been some ridiculous overreactions such as Pat Benatar indicating that she will not perform "Hit Me With Your Best Shot."

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's no indication that Hollywood is sensitive about gun violence with films like 'Bullet Train' still being released. Not sure what's ridiculous either about a singer choosing not to sing a song out of solidarity with mass shooting victims. If it was being censored by the label that would be one thing but it's her call not to perform it.

Regardless I don't see this being a big Hollywood film if it even gets made.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At the worst, if the project never happens, it helped getting the industry to talk about the studios behind the project... which, if i am not mistaken, dont have much so far

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?c...ease_date,desc
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok but will this be like a film film, or a made-for-TV dumpster fire like Desperation that blew chunks and ruined my favorite non-DT SK book in the process??

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably closer to the latter. Like straight to VOD. (Not that there aren't good VOD films.)
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It could be brilliant. It could be a train wreck. It could be a brilliant train wreck.

+ Reply to Thread