9 60.00%
  • Phantom of the Opera

7 46.67%
  • The Bishop's Wife

7 46.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1940s: Round 1 - Group 24 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 1940s: Round 1 - Group 24 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to three films you would like to move onto the next round. The top three films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

The Maltese Falcon (1941)
    Directed by John Huston

Watch Trailer

Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
    Directed by Alfred Hitchcock

Watch Trailer

Phantom of the Opera (1943)
    Directed by Arthur Lubin

Watch Trailer

The Bishop's Wife (1947)
    Directed by Henry Koster

Watch Trailer

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you kidding me! On over half the groups I haven't seen any of the movies, so don't vote, but this one has 3!
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Hitchcock would sometimes say when asked which of his pictures was his favorite, Shadow of a Doubt. Not all the time but a lot of the time. Uncle Charlie is terrifying.

EDIT: bad grammar and left a word out, why do y'all let me in this place anyway??

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

TMF is such a damn good movie.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Possibly the greatest remake ever.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Are you kidding me! On over half the groups I haven't seen any of the movies, so don't vote, but this one has 3!
    It's a good thing you can vote for up to three movies!

Country
    Country Flag

I really think The Bishop's Wife deserves more love. Also what a cool non-trailer trailer!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Shadow of a Doubt is an excellent movie
    Not surprised to hear that it was one of Hitchcock's favorites.

I'm also surprised that The Bishop's Wife isn't getting more love.

And I really need to watch The Maltese Falcon for the next round.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Shadow of a Doubt is an excellent movie
    Not surprised to hear that it was one of Hitchcock's favorites.

I'm also surprised that The Bishop's Wife isn't getting more love.

And I really need to watch The Maltese Falcon for the next round.
    Please do!
    So good

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following two titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. The Maltese Falcon (86.67%)
    2. Shadow of a Doubt (60.00%)

And the following two titles will face off in a tiebreaker for the last spot:
    1. Phantom of the Opera (46.67%)
    2. The Bishop's Wife (46.67%)

+ Reply to Thread