Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 2022 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap

As with last year, picking a win/loss is still the game, but they now award 10 points for each win. Get in the game early so you can feel your way around before the group locks on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8!

How to Play

1. It’s simple. Click on the following link and it should take you to the ESPN pigskin pick'em site. If you don’t have an ESPN profile, you will have to set one up.

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/nfl-p...a-2319ca875f3e

Password: roland (all lower case) - please do not share this with non-members of this site.

ESPN will initially name your entry for you, but you can change that entry name to better identify with your name here once the entry has been created (look for the blue gear cog).

If you have questions about how to set things up in our group, post your questions and the community of folks here will try and help you out.

2. The contest will begin with the first regular season game in Week 1. Only one entry per person in our group and it must be identifiable to me as a member on this board or you can PM me with your ESPN handle. Once the season has started the group is locked. This means that any latecomers will not be able to join (sorry about that!), so please get in early. Picks for week 1 can actually be made now!

3. This contest will end at the conclusion of the ESPN Pick'em season.

4. At the end of the pick'em season, whoever has the best record wins the coveted First Place trophy. We also award trophies for Second, Third, and a (much sought after, one of a kind, not available in any other contest) Last Place Trophy**

**In order to qualify for last place, you need to pick every week, or suffer a penalty for any game(s) not picked. To be safe, just be sure to get IN THE GAME each week and make your picks early!!!!

Last year, there was a post-season trophy event. Should that occur again, I encourage all to participate. THANK YOU!

Not tempted enough? - here are the last couple of years trophies...

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

I'm in! Woot!
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Already? Wow.
    Back to reading the sports pages...
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

In again!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in this year baby!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BedOfRoses View Post
    I'm in! Woot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Already? Wow.
    Back to reading the sports pages...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    In again!
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm in this year baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm in!!
    Oh, it's gonna be a great season!!!! COME REAP!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm all set! Looking forward to this as I do every year! Thanks as always, Bill!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    I'm all set! Looking forward to this as I do every year! Thanks as always, Bill!
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to being a dweller the cellar since my Seahawks are likely in a "rebuilding" phase.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I’m in too!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in, Bill
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to being a dweller the cellar since my Seahawks are likely in a "rebuilding" phase.

Isn't that the default for the 'Hawks?

I just realized that the Seahawks MAY be the one team with the most fans in this particular contest. I also notced that my spell check thinks "Seahawks" isn't a word. This seems ominous.

At any rate...I am in as Benjamin Bregg and ready to sink to the bottom!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As my Packer lovin' best friend calls them when bad - the Seagulls.
    Been cleaning out a lot sports stuff to get rid of and found a Seattle wristband a player threw into the stands at the only football game I've ever been to.
    Going to be hard to pick them not to win...

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

My Packer loving friend calls them the Shithawks when they are bad……or throwing a Hail Mary to beat his packers, again.
    I’ll just have to hope that the Hawks have a plan for next year cause I think this year is gonna be painful to watch…..
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

THIS year will be painful? This decade thus far.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone care to go on record as to the final two teams this year? I'm thinking the, Rams again and perhaps, Buffalo finally. Of course, K.C. is always a concern and competitor.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Anyone care to go on record as to the final two teams this year? I'm thinking the, Rams again and perhaps, Buffalo finally. Of course, K.C. is always a concern and competitor.
    Any two teams not affiliated with Tom Brady. That's my ask.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

AMEN TO THAT SENTIMENT!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    THIS year will be painful? This decade thus far.
    True……I’ve tried to put the others out of my memory.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Country
    Country Flag

The Pick'em picks give the Seahawks a 6% chance of winning against Wilson's Broncos. Did that way me to pick against my Birds? Nah. LOL!

Just a few days to go - you MUST create your entry before Thursday's kickoff or the system locks you out. GET. IN. THE. GAME!

And thanks to Randall Flagg for plugging the contest in other threads - much appreciated!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Tom who??

My picks are in!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

DEADLINE to get your entry created is tomorrow's season opener. 5:20 PST - 8:20 EST.

GET IN THE GAME!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I can't decide on tomorrow. I hate the first week! The Buffalo Bills kid lost at the US Open today so maybe that's the omen I need.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I can't decide on tomorrow. I hate the first week! The Buffalo Bills kid lost at the US Open today so maybe that's the omen I need.
    I'm leading with my heart for the first week. Even though they are division rivals to Seattle, they are a longtime family favorite (when they are in L.A.). Go Rams!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast