Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1940s

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Lassie Come Home (1943)
    Fred M. Wilcox

Watch trailer:
    I'll second this.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No love for Going My Way? Nominated for 10 Academy Awards, and winner of 7, including Best Picture. This has to be in the tournament.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

In This Our Life

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will second They Were Expendable. Great cast and director.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    No love for Going My Way? Nominated for 10 Academy Awards, and winner of 7, including Best Picture. This has to be in the tournament.
    I'll 2ND it

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will nominate Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman (1973), Dir. Roy William Neill. Bela Legosi as Frankenstein's monster and Lon Chaney Jr. as the Wolfman - a fun one, though not as epic as the title might suggest.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I'll 2ND it
    Thanks.

Might I say The Body Snatcher is top notch horror and it was Karloff and Lugosi 8th and final pairing. Karloff is so impressive and creepy here and Lugosi's character steals his scenes. It's fun to watch knowing the histories of the two.

Curse of the Cat People

And Battleground is one of my favorite war pics. Anyone seen it?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second The Bank Dick and raise:

Never Give a Sucker an Even Break (1941)
    Edward F. Cline

Watch trailer:

This was meta before meta!

I haven't seen that one yet!

Bedlam

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aw drat! It starts with WC Fields being assaulted in front of the billboard for The Bank Dick!

Country
    Country Flag

The dancing in this is astronomically awesome!

Hellzapoppin' (1941)
    H. C. Potter

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

Only FIVE spots remain!

Man Hunt

Aw drat! It starts with WC Fields being assaulted in front of the billboard for The Bank Dick!
    I gotta see it!

Country
    Country Flag

Unfaithfully Yours (1948)
    Preston Sturges

Watch trailer:

I knew that was coming, ha! So good.

Le Corbeau

Country
    Country Flag

Lured (1947)
    Douglas Sirk

Watch trailer:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Heaven Can Wait (1943)
    Ernst Lubitsch

Watch trailer:
    2ND

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll second The Body Snatcher.

They Drive by Night

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast