Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1940s

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If nobody minds, later today I'll reduce the waiting period for nominations to one, and keep the waiting period for seconding to two.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    The Shop Around the Corner (1940)
    Ernst Lubitsch

Watch trailer:
    2ND

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Starting now, the waiting period for nominations has been reduced to one. For seconds, the waiting period is still two.

Country
    Country Flag

The Palm Beach Story (1942)
    Preston Sturges

Watch trailer:

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nominate Angel and the Badman (1947) dir. James Edward Grant
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nominate The Life and Death of Col. Blimp

Country
    Country Flag

A Letter to Three Wives (1949)
    Joseph L. Mankiewicz

Watch trailer:

The Little Foxes

Country
    Country Flag

The Yearling (1946)
    Clarence Brown

Watch trailer:

Brute Force

Country
    Country Flag

I Was a Male War Bride (1949)
    Howard Hawks

Watch trailer:

The Bank Dick

Country
    Country Flag

Someone needs to second something so I can second again

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second The Yearling.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp.

Country
    Country Flag

The Major and the Minor (1942)
    Billy Wilder

Watch trailer:

I'll second Adam's Rib

Hail the Conquering Hero

Country
    Country Flag

The Big Street (1942)
    Irving Reis

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I'll second Adam's Rib
    That takes us to 20 spots to go!

Can I go ahead and nominate the rest of Val Lewton's productions?

If not then, The Body Snatcher I suppose. Hell of a performance from Karloff.

Country
    Country Flag

The Queen of Spades (1949)
    Thorold Dickinson

Watch trailer:

A Woman's Face

Country
    Country Flag

Heaven Can Wait (1943)
    Ernst Lubitsch

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

We have 35 unseconded movies right now and 20 spots to go. I still have plenty to nominate, but seconding seems to have stopped altogether. Please take a look at the first post and see if there's something there to be seconded, everyone! I will reduce the seconding waiting to one later today if nobody objects and things don't really pick up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast