Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1940s

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dumbo (1941)
    Ben Sharpsteen

Watch trailer:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second My Darling Clementine.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I Walked with a Zombie

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Dumbo (1941)
    Ben Sharpsteen

Watch trailer:
    2ND

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Holiday Inn (1942)
    Second

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I Walked with a Zombie
    Seconded. Maybe it'll go up against I Married a Witch!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

Nominate - Nightmare Alley (1947) Dir. - Edmund Goulding
    2ND

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'll second On the Town
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Christmas in Connecticut.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nominate - White Heat (1949) Dir. Raoul Walsh
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

Dance, Girl, Dance (1940)
    Dorothy Arzner

Watch trailer:

2ND White Heat and Nominate The Heiress

Country
    Country Flag

Since activity has slowed over the last couple of days, should we reduce the waiting period from two to one? I still have dozens and dozens of movies on my list.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will second Phantom of the Opera.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second The Heiress.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Mighty Joe Young (1949), Dir. Ernest B. Schoedsack. After the hearting breaking defeat of King Kong in one of favorite films of all time...
    Spoiler:
    ...I finally got the ending I wanted.

Country
    Country Flag

And that takes us to 50 remaining spots!

Still lots of great movies to nominate and some great ones could be still seconded!

Country
    Country Flag

Lifeboat (1944)
    Alfred Hitchcock

Watch trailer:

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll second A Night In Casablanca...not the best Marx Bros movie but still a lot of fun.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    I'll second A Night In Casablanca...not the best Marx Bros movie but still a lot of fun.
    Yes, we have to wait until the 1930s and even the 1920s for the best, but it's still good!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will second Lifeboat - a great one by the master.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I will nominate The Kilers (1946), Dir. Robert Siodmack. Burt Lancaster (introducing no less), Ava Gardner in an Ernest Hemingway adaptation - what could go wrong.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Gentleman's Agreement.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Crook's Tour (1941)

I only know about this movie since it was included on the Criterion DVD for Hitchcock's The Lady Vanishes. Features a couple of cricket-loving Brits in a pretty good comedy adventure.

That's the end of my (very short) list.

Country
    Country Flag

We need some Lena Horne in this tournament!

Stormy Weather (1943)
    Andrew L. Stone

Watch trailer:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast