Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Fairy Tale collectibles

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I buy at least two of every new King book so that when I am 275 years old I can sell the spare one for mega-dollars (or whatever is used for currency at the time).
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jwilkinson01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    Are they worth more than $100?
    As this is only my 10th post, I may not be the best person to trust, however I am going to answer anyway. I don't think I would buy one if I could do it over. I have not yet held a copy in my hands but from those who have, I hear it is a disappointing edition. By the time they add shipping and tax you are looking at about $120. I think the only thing redeeming will be Brian's slipcase. Now by the time you add that cost, and tax and shipping again, this is probably a $180-200 investment. Considering that's more than a limited from the small publishers who hire artists to create new interior and cover artwork, I think it's too much. I do not think this edition will appreciate much, if at all.

Brian's slipcase seems to me to be the gem out of this whole project. Since his case will also fit the correct Trade Hardcover, I would just order his slipcase and skip the "Limited Edition"

However anyone who is a completist might regret not having one later.

This is just my humble opinion

I agree with this, its more like a $50-60 value.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Along the Path of the Beam jwilkinson01 is on a distinguished road

I think there will be some one off sales like Br!an pointed out, especially at first and now that it is officially sold out. FOMO, like Br!an said (and which I am sometimes guilty of). But overall I think this will be like the last S&S attempt at a LE, Under the Dome, I have seen copies of that selling for under $30 on ebay recently.

Of course there will always be sellers that list items for ridiculous prices, people must buy them, or else why would they keep doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Okay so I openly admit I only bought the $100 book so I could have an excuse to buy Brian's slipcase!
    I think that is a completely legitimate reason.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 on 11/07/22 View Post
    My guess is that was due to bad credit cards and or folks going over the two per person limit?

But you bring up a good point....if there were some orders cancelled...we would expect to see orders go in excess of 3000....maybe up to 3100?

Which would mean that when I posted earlier...there were probably over 250 copies available.

Either way...it will sell out in the next 24-72 hours.
    Well...it took a little over 72 hours....but it is sold out as someone pointed out.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I preordered two slipcases.

$25 to ship two cases is pretty darn steep in my opinion.

I would like to have seen $13 for one and $3 for each additional case.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I wasn't sure if that was just an estimate since they aren't taking any money yet. At least that's what I was hoping. I think CD charged about $16 for the last one I ordered from them, so not that much less. Not a deal breaker but it hurts.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't sure if that was just an estimate since they aren't taking any money yet. At least that's what I was hoping. I think CD charged about $16 for the last one I ordered from them, so not that much less. Not a deal breaker but it hurts.
    Agreed.....if it is correct....we are talking $120 for the book and $62 for the slipcase. $182 for the package....oof.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.....if it is correct....we are talking $120 for the book and $62 for the slipcase. $182 for the package....oof.
    Just get King to sign yours and you'll feel a lot better about the money.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wait til you hear about international shipping, in general. $13 is nothing
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The scribner special edition is officially sold out !

(Took longer than I thought, to be honnest)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

And just got my refund. lol

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else have the text block loose from the spine where the ribbon was attached on there copy?
    Any advice on how to glue it back correctly?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

If anyone is interested, The Book Depository is taking orders for the two UK paperback versions coming out in June 2023.

Also, there's a hardcover misprint for sale on E-Bay without the gold lettering on the cover. I'm not sure what the deal is on this or whether I should bid or not, but right now I'm letting it pass for lack of more information.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Default I still wouldn’t pay $100

The Lisey’s Story Gift Edition looks better than this. And that never gets above $55. The slipcase rocks but I’d need a clamshell case to cover up how easily the book gets scuffed according to the pictures I’ve seen. I need better offerings than this book. I don’t have FOMO on this one, but I do have fear of regret. I miss the old days. Traveling to go to signings, S/Ls coming out within 8 months of each other, actually being able to buy them…man we’re so far away from those good times. I’d rather save my money to buy the S/Lds I missed even at these high prices.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    If anyone is interested, The Book Depository is taking orders for the two UK paperback versions coming out in June 2023.

Also, there's a hardcover misprint for sale on E-Bay without the gold lettering on the cover. I'm not sure what the deal is on this or whether I should bid or not, but right now I'm letting it pass for lack of more information.
    Sold for $424. I think it improved the look considerably. Add lividian slipcase. But not signed, and $500 all in for a misprint. Looks nice though
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey wondering if anyone has the large poster or broadside for this? I ordered one on ebay and got a 5x7 post card lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hey wondering if anyone has the large poster or broadside for this? I ordered one on ebay and got a 5x7 post card lol
    The thing they had called a broadside is the card. It's a nice card though.

No clue on where to get a poster.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

David (Betts Bookstore) shared a picture of the poster on his website back in september
    I doubt he still has one, but...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Got one of the at the SDCC, and a friend gave me one that came from down under:

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Nice. We are pin twins.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    David (Betts Bookstore) shared a picture of the poster on his website back in september
    I doubt he still has one, but...
    I still own it in my personal collection

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Nice. We are pin twins.
    Pin triplets…
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7