Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon

11 61.11%
  • All About Eve

7 38.89%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1950s: Round 4 - Group 15 of 16

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 1950s: Round 4 - Group 15 of 16

During the fourth round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for one film you would like to move onto the next round. The top film will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)
    Directed by Jack Arnold

Watch Trailer

All About Eve (1950)
    Directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz

Watch Trailer

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Creature for me.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still All About Eve!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Creature

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Creature

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Bette Davis was a strange, strange actor. Is this her best performance? And also what Davis movies have the other voters seen if I may ask?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just about all of them. She was my mother's favorite actress.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Of the 51 movies she was in, I count 37 I have seen. My favorite performance might be Baby Jane or possibly Dark Victory but the first one I saw was her last. Wicked Stepmother. She appared for 11 minutes but she made an impression. It wasn't until I aged a bit and got deeper into film that her saw her others. She was quite something but she does owe a bit of her career to Tallulah Bankhead which is not meant as a bad thing at all.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I knew to fasten my seatbelt before I even knew what a seatbelt was. I really like Dark Victory too. Some other favorites would be The Man Who Came to Dinner and The Corn is Green but for some reason (besides the two horror movies) the one besides Eve I think of when I hear her name is Whales of August.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

And Whales of August is one of the few I have not seen yet. I don't know how I've made it this far without seeing that one. An early one I really love is The Petrified Forest. The opening scene of The Letter is just amazing. Oh and The Little Foxes is great too. OK, need to stop before I just begin randomly listing my favs, ha!
    It's wonderful that you got to share all those great movies and Bette with your mother.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Creature from the Black Lagoon moves on and All About Eve is eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread