Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Welcome to Derry: It prequel series on HBO Max

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Indeed, thanks !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/welcome-...with-it-films/
    It was a little over a month ago that we got our first wave of casting news for Max's Welcome to Derry (current working title), stemming from Warner Bros. Television, filmmakers Andy Muschietti & Barbara Muschietti (It, It Chapter Two) and Jason Fuchs (It Chapter Two, Wonder Woman, Argylle). Now, director Andy Muschietti is sharing an official image from the production. In the Instagram post that you're about to see, we have a close-up of a door leading into a police station. On the door is written, "Clint Bowers/Chief of Police" (with the "F" smeared) – a last name that King fans are more than familiar with from both the novel and the films. From the big-screen perspective, we might be looking at a family connection between Clint and Butch Bowers (Stuart Hughes), a police officer featured in the films.

Set in the world of Stephen King's It, Welcome to Derry is based on King's It novel and expands the vision established by filmmaker Andy Muschietti in the feature films It and It Chapter Two. The streaming prequel series stars Taylour Paige (Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley), Jovan Adepo (Watchmen), Chris Chalk (Perry Mason), and James Remar (Oppenheimer). Now, here's a look at Andy Muschietti's Instagram post sharing the preview image as a heads-up that filming was underway:

"I'm excited that the story of Derry, Maine's most haunted city, is continuing, and I'm glad Andy Muschietti is going to be overseeing the frightening festivities, along with a brain trust including his talented sister, Barbara. Red balloons all around!" said King in a statement when the news was released. The Muschiettis added, "As teenagers, we took turns reading chapters of Stephen King's 'It' until the thick paperback fell to pieces. 'IT' is an epic story that contains multitudes, far beyond what we could explore in our 'It' movies. We can't wait to share the depths of Steve's novel, in all its heart, humor, humanity and horror." "To be able to return to the world of my all-time favorite horror novel and help build upon the singularly brilliant cinematic universe created by Andy and Barbara is more than the opportunity of a lifetime, it's a dream come true — or, maybe more appropriately, a nightmare," added Fuchs.

Welcome to Derry (wt) is produced by HBO Max and Warner Bros. Television. Fuchs will write the teleplay for the first episode, based on a story by Andy Muschietti, Barbara Muschietti, and Fuchs. Fuchs and Brad Caleb Kane will serve as co-showrunners on the project. Andy Muschietti and Barbara Muschietti (through their Double Dream production company, which has an overall deal with Warner Bros Television), Fuchs, and Kane are executive producers. Andy Muschietti will direct multiple series episodes, including the first one.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A lot of the principal shooting for "Welcome to Derry" is being shot on location in Port Hope, Ontario Canada. Which is quite close to me.

Last weekend I visited the town to spend a day and see what I could see. Turns out, the town's whole main drag worth of storefronts had been converted to look like vintage shops for filming - there were many mock police bulletins posted, along with plenty of "Town of Derry" signage. There were also a lot of vintage cars parked in a near by lot that I was able to get up close and personal with, including Derry Police Vehicles. There was even a building that had been converted to the Derry Police Station.

As an amateur photographer, I spent a number of hours running around and shooting just about everything I could. I'm a sucker for instant photography, so the majority of what I shot was in the form of Polaroids. If you know anything about Polaroid photography, or are curious about the specifics; I was shooting a variety of both 600 and sx-70 film (on an SX-70 Model 2 folding camera, as well as a Sun 660 AF Sonar). I haven't scanned them yet, so I don't have digital copies - but I did also take a slew of digital photos on my phone.

Is there an appetite from TDT community to see these? I imagine a lot of it could be considered spoilers, as the signage, posters, etc. could give away plot points, but at this time it's impossible to say.

If people are interested, I can post some of the digital shots I took, or perhaps link to an album where people can browse them. I can upload the Polaroids once they've been scanned.

Cheers,
    Chase

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Feel free to post the pics.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, pics more than welcome!
    I met Andy Muschietti yesterday and he told me a couple of details about this first season.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alright! With the green light from the big man himself and some enthusiasm from other board members...

SystemCrashOverRide proudly Welcomes you to Derry!

Strap in, because there's going to be a lot of photos. Forgive some of the angles, the reflections on the glass storefronts (in full sun) were turning the windows into mirrors.

I was also pretty beat from hours of running around with three camera bags - so many of these aren't the "best" shots, but hopefully, they give you some insight into the look and feel of the town.

Let's start with the storefront, shall we?

The Derry Press:

The only photo I have of me on location ^

Nan's Luncheonette:

Goodman Grocers:

Quality Meats:

The Derry Grill:

Palmer's Photography:

(Can you spot the lone Polaroid Camera? Bonus points if you know the model)

Laura Lee's Clothing Store:

The Dry Cleaners:

Brook's Bakery:

Tony's Barber Shop:

GE Modern Appliances:

Halston Hobbies:

Jade of the Orient Chinese Restaurant:

Greenberg's Music Centre:

The Derry Board of Trade:

Danielle's Decorating:

Keene's Drugs:

A few obscured storefronts, Peterson's, Vivian Floral, and Marshall's Lighting (Obscured):

Note - I don't believe this car was part of the production, just a local out for a Sunday cruise in their classic Ford.

-----------

Let's move on to some cool signage, posters, flyers, and police bulletins shall we?

Keene's Drugs:

"Derry Complete Vacationland"

A full-size Oldsmobile billboard (Rocket out of the ordinary!)

Note the date of 1962.

Big Johnny Moran Auto:

"Derry's #1 Trusted Mechanic!"

City of Derry Public Auction:

Grand Opening at the drive-in:

STOP Police Search Area, by ordinance of the chief of the Derry Police:

Public Notice: Theatre Closed until further notice:

“Public Notice

-Theatre Closed Until Further Notice-

ATTENTION: Residents of Derry

We regret to inform you that Capitol Theater, located within our beloved community, will be temporarily closed until further notice. This closure is an imperative step taken by the Derry Police Department in response to an ongoing investigation into a serious incident. In order to ensure a thorough examination of the premises, we have requested immediate closer of Capitol Teather.

We understand the disappointment and inconvenience this may cause to our valued community members, especially those who had planned to enjoy a movie screening or engage in other activities at the theater. However, it is essential that we conduct a meticulous investigation to uphold public safety and maintain the integrity of our town.

The Derry Police Dept. remains committed to protecting the integrity of our town and
    service our community. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and assure you that we are working diligently to resolve the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible.

-SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE-

Thank You

Derry Police Department

Township of DERRY 1962,
    DERRY MAINE
    POLICE DEPARTMENT”

MISSING SALLY VAN:

“MISSING

SALLY VAN

OF DERRY, MAINE

Missing from her home in derry, Maine, since 6:00 P.M. 31st October, 1959.

Sally Van. 3 years, 2ft. 6 ins. Proportionate build, brown eyes, brown hair, wearing white dress, white shoes. Persons having any information are requested to call Derry Police.”

MISSING JOEY BEELICH & GIRLS and WOMEN WANTED:

“MISSING

INFORMATION WANTED AS TO THE WHEREABOUTS OF

JOEY BEELICH

OF DERRY, MAINE

Description

Age, 20 months 

Weight, 27-30 lbs.

Height, 29 inches

Hair, brown

Eyes, blue

Complexion, light

Any information telephone the Derry Policy Department.”

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BOY - Colin Woods? & MISSING PETER BOHDAL:

-Note his favourite toy?

“HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BOY?

COLIN WOODS missing from his home in Derry, Maine. Since 7:00 P.M. January…

Last known location - Booth Avenue, Derry, Main. Also goes by: WOODY, GREEN EYES, B…

80 Pounds. If you are in possession of any information regarding the whereabouts…

Please communicate with the police. Don’t Hesitate! Anyone with information should…

If found or for any tips please call the Derry Police Missing Persons Department”

"MISSING

Information wanted as to the whereabouts of
    PETER BOHDAL of Derry, Maine

This child went missing in central Derry, Maine, between 6-8 P. M. On Tuesday, August 9, 1960.

DESCRIPTION

Age, 7 years

Weight, 50-60 lbs.

Height, 40 inches

Hair, red

Eyes, dark green

Complexion, light

Deep dimple in center of chin

Dressed in black pilot type cap. blue corduroy jacket. blue pants, blue tennis shoes

Any information telephone the Derry Police Department.”

---------
    And now onto the cars!

That GRILL!

Almost looks like the grill of a Fury, doesn't it?!? Alas, I believe it's a debadged 59' Ford Fairlane.

While I did take a fair number of digital shots, these were all mostly a last-minute afterthought.
    The polaroids I captured of the day have other locations not shown here (such as the Derry Police Department), as well as other signs and cars. Scanning Polaroids is tricky due to the prints being highlight reflective, so it may be a while until I can share those.

I hope you enjoyed this little walking tour of the Derry set pieces!
    Cheers,
    SystemCrash

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Any clue on an air date?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Likely at the end of 2024, on MAX (formerly known as HBO Max)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Superb photos.
    Thanks for taking the time to post.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Superb photos.
    Thanks, Jerome - it took some time to get that post together. Happy to hear that it was appreciated!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Likely at the end of 2024, on MAX (formerly known as HBO Max)
    Thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

Cool pix !

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Cool pix !
    Thanks Herbertwest!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome photos. Thank you.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Superb photos.
    Thanks, Jerome - it took some time to get that post together. Happy to hear that it was appreciated!
    Thanks for posting! Please post more if you have.

Lilja

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!
    I met Andy Muschietti 10 days ago and he told me they've just filmed a scene at Secondhand Rose.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Along the Path of the Beam Herbie_Marsten is on a distinguished road Herbie_Marsten's Avatar

I saw Max did a documentary of Pennywise and the original IT 2 episode show / TV movie. Was interesting. Looking forward to "Welcome to Derry"

Country
    Country Flag

Is it "Pennywise the story of IT" ?

Along the Path of the Beam Herbie_Marsten is on a distinguished road Herbie_Marsten's Avatar

Yes, That is correct

Gunslinger Apprentice Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

2025, wow. No rush at all.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

A few seconds of footage (starting at about the 1:35 mark)

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it's more than one season then the kids are going to be noticeably older once the second rolls around.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2