Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Documentary: King on Film

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default Documentary: King on Film

ORONO, Maine (WABI) - Orono played the role of film set on Monday.

“King on Screen,” a documentary on the film adaptations of Stephen King’s work, is shooting in town.

Some creepy clientele were at Leadbetters Monday.

“I thought there are a lot of documentaries about Stephen King. There are some great adaptations that have been made such as the Stand, the Green Mile, Shawshank. So, I was thinking that it could be interesting to have this look on the cinema,” said Daphne Baiwir.

Baiwir is directing “King on Screen.”

“Stephen King has a great relationship with the cinema as is the most adapted author actually. So yeah, I thought that could be a great angle to to meet those directors and to talk with them about Stephen King,” said Baiwir.

One of those directors was on set Monday.

“I’ve directed more Stephen King adaptations than anyone, and it is humbling and something that I’m really proud of,” said Mick Garris.

Garris’ King credits include the TV miniseries “The Stand” and “The Shining” and the films “Sleepwalkers” and “Riding the Bullet.” On this day, he was the one in front of the camera.

“A blind man, a figure from one of the over 200 stories written by Stephen King. Daphne, the director is putting in all kinds of Easter eggs from all of his stories,” said Garris.

Another of those Easter eggs will be Miko Hughes.

“Yeah, it’s an interesting concept for a documentary. Daphne’s interviewing directors from a lot of the major Stephen King films, and there’s going to be a segment, I think, in the beginning that’s kind of a collage of references. There’s going to be a lot of cool cameos, and they asked me to be a part of it, and it seems like a fun project,” said Hughes.

Miko famously played Gage in Pet Sematary.

“I think the part that I played in Pet Sematary as a whole was powerful because it had supernatural elements, but the horror in it was was a familiar horror that could happen to anyone is, you know, a loss of a loved one in the family, which I think struck a chord, or, you know, it hit really hard with people, and so it’s memorable,” said Hughes.

An example of the work that will be highlighted throughout the documentary.

“I think King writes in a very cinematic sense, regardless, but it’s also based on people that the writing that he does is so human, and so identifiable, you know, and it’s everyday people, too. It’s not just elites. It’s not just people of a certain financial level, but he really understands the blue collar world, the real world, the pain and suffering that people go through, the joys and the happiness they go through. But, he also is able to convey fears that are universal that we all have regardless of our status in life,” said Garris.

The director says the plan is to enter it into film festivals and release it in theaters in the fall.

>>> Source

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    “I thought there are a lot of documentaries about Stephen King.
    I disagree. Is there any? There's not even an American Experience. There should an epic doc especially while his friends and other writers are still alive.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The best ones about King that comes to my mind :
    - Master of macabre (circa 1989)
    - Shining in the Dark (1999-2000)
    - Fear, Fame and Fortune (1999)
    - Stephen King : le mal nécessaire (2020)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Those are tv specials and all pretty short. Master of Macbre was good though.
    I would like to see a more in depth doc, like SK companion, Hearts in Suspension, On Writing, Fear of the Dark but as a movie instead of a book.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I too am wondering if there will be a biographical movie (contrary to a documentary).
    I think that it could be interesting
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I too am wondering if there will be a biographical movie (contrary to a documentary).
    Who will play the main character? I'm trying to figure out an actor that looks like Stephen King... But no one comes to my head just now.

Indeed, I agree with you. It could be an interesting project :-)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yellow Veil Pictures Boards World Sales For Stephen King Documentary ‘King On Screen’

Yellow Veil Pictures has acquired world sales rights to Daphné Baiwir’s feature documentary King On Screen. The film, which centers on the journey of works by legendary horror author Stephen King from the page to cinema and television screens, will premiere at Fantastic Fest in September.

Approved by King, the doc features an inside look with the majority of directors who have adapted his work for the screen, showcasing that unique relationship. Included in the picture are The Shawshank Redemption helmer Frank Darabont as well as Mick Garris, Mike Flanagan, Greg Nicotero and more. In 1976, Brian de Palma directed Carrie, the first adaptation of King’s work. Since then, more than 50 directors have brought over 80 films and series to the screen.

Directed by Baiwir (The Rebellious Olivia De Havilland), the documentary is produced by Sebastien Cruz for Les Films de la Plage, Jean-Yves Roubin for Frakas Productions and Zoe Salmon for Mr Salmon Films, with the participation of OCS.

Hugues Barbier, Co-Founder of Yellow Veil Pictures said, “King On Screen gives a great insight in the mind of the filmmakers adapting King’s work, and Daphné did an incredible job capturing the essence of the process. We are really excited to bring Daphné’s vision to Fantastic Fest and its crowd of film connoisseurs.”

Added Baiwir, “I’m so glad we managed to gather such stellar names for King On Screen, who gave such insight into King’s work and its journey to the big screen. With illustrious directors and the celebrated actors who collaborated with us to recreate some of the iconic look and situations of King’s adaptations as an introduction to the documentary including Jeffrey DeMunn, James Caan, Tim Curry, Amy Irving, Dee Wallace and Carel Struycken, the experience was unbelievable!”

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    SK's against the odds success story leading up to the publication of Carrie and ending with the receipt of Bill Thompson's NAL paperback rights purchase telegram would make for a compelling drama.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Yellow Veil Pictures Boards World Sales For Stephen King Documentary ‘King On Screen’

Yellow Veil Pictures has acquired world sales rights to Daphné Baiwir’s feature documentary King On Screen. The film, which centers on the journey of works by legendary horror author Stephen King from the page to cinema and television screens, will premiere at Fantastic Fest in September.

Approved by King, the doc features an inside look with the majority of directors who have adapted his work for the screen, showcasing that unique relationship. Included in the picture are The Shawshank Redemption helmer Frank Darabont as well as Mick Garris, Mike Flanagan, Greg Nicotero and more. In 1976, Brian de Palma directed Carrie, the first adaptation of King’s work. Since then, more than 50 directors have brought over 80 films and series to the screen.

Directed by Baiwir (The Rebellious Olivia De Havilland), the documentary is produced by Sebastien Cruz for Les Films de la Plage, Jean-Yves Roubin for Frakas Productions and Zoe Salmon for Mr Salmon Films, with the participation of OCS.

Hugues Barbier, Co-Founder of Yellow Veil Pictures said, “King On Screen gives a great insight in the mind of the filmmakers adapting King’s work, and Daphné did an incredible job capturing the essence of the process. We are really excited to bring Daphné’s vision to Fantastic Fest and its crowd of film connoisseurs.”

Added Baiwir, “I’m so glad we managed to gather such stellar names for King On Screen, who gave such insight into King’s work and its journey to the big screen. With illustrious directors and the celebrated actors who collaborated with us to recreate some of the iconic look and situations of King’s adaptations as an introduction to the documentary including Jeffrey DeMunn, James Caan, Tim Curry, Amy Irving, Dee Wallace and Carel Struycken, the experience was unbelievable!”
    Been waiting this one for over 2 years, and I think it will be good

King approved it apparently

+ Reply to Thread