Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice on displaying paperbacks

Gunslinger Apprentice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Advice on displaying paperbacks

Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct spot for this. I have a handful of paperbacks that I consider "collectable". Most were purchased a number of years ago from booksellers, and they arrived in plastic bags. I just kept them stored that way, but now I'm finally going to display them with some of my other books.

I've gotten some conflicting opinions on how to display them - some are saying to leave them bagged; others say take the bags off. I thought I'd ask the experts here to find the "correct" answer. They will be shelved side-by-side with other books, completely out of sunlight, in our house (temperature/humidity controlled) and will rarely be taken off the shelf (little/no cover rubbing).

Thanks for the help!
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm no expert, but I have quite a few paperbacks and not one is in a plastic bag, although some are inside glass-door bookcases.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister is just really nice BrewMeister's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I'm no expert, but I have quite a few paperbacks and not one is in a plastic bag, although some are inside glass-door bookcases.
    I decided to unbag them. I don't like displaying them bagged, and if I don't display them, what's the point?
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I agree with you.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread