Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pigskin Playoff Pick ‘Em

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I agree, change to College rules. The way its set up right now -and especially at this point in the season where high powered offenses are more than likely than not to convert TD- whoever wins the coin toss wins the game.

Mahomes scoring a TD and then Allen getting a chance to bring them back from the brink yet again; tell me that wouldn't have made the game even more epic?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I've never liked the NFL rule(s) for overtime. My solution is simple:

Regular season rule -- a 10-minute "quarter" where you play an additional 10 minutes just like a regular game. Most points scored after that 10-minute period is the winner. Seems completely fair to both teams.

Playoff rule -- an additional 15-minute quarter added to the game. If there is still no winner after that quarter, then the winner will be the team that scores the next point. Seems easy, logical and fair to me...and to the teams involved.

Any thoughts?

John
    I’m fine with the rule as is for the regular season. Playoffs it should be extra quarters until there is a winner. Or college rules if they are worried about time.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see the college rule for OT.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl. I married into a Rams Fan family, so when the Seahawks aren't playing, we pull for the Rams. Glad to see Brady NOT in the big game.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl. I married into a Rams Fan family, so when the Seahawks aren't playing, we pull for the Rams. Glad to see Brady NOT in the big game.
    Me Too, but I was born into a Bengals Fan family. Who Dey!!!!!
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I watch football for certain teams like most folks but I also watch when certain players are on. The Rams have several players I like to see.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I watch football for certain teams like most folks but I also watch when certain players are on. The Rams have several players I like to see.
    Yeah, I'm kinda rooting for, Stafford. That guy is an amazing QB and he rotted in, Detroit for so long I hope he wins one. That being said, Burrows is the real deal and I wouldn't be sad to see him get one but, I'm pretty sure he will be back again. He's the real deal, IMHO!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yeah, I'm kinda rooting for, Stafford. That guy is an amazing QB and he rotted in, Detroit for so long I hope he wins one. That being said, Burrows is the real deal and I wouldn't be sad to see him get one but, I'm pretty sure he will be back again. He's the real deal, IMHO!!!

Yeah. Stafford is good but he lead the league (a tie with Trevor Lawrence {Jacksonville} in the regular season this year) in interceptions thrown. I suspect that might be their undoing. Both QBs threw 17 picks...averaging one per game.
    I really don't care who wins. I like both teams. I just want a good game.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Yeah. Stafford is good but he lead the league (a tie with Trevor Lawrence {Jacksonville} in the regular season this year) in interceptions thrown. I suspect that might be their undoing. Both QBs threw 17 picks...averaging one per game.
    I really don't care who wins. I like both teams. I just want a good game.
    The above sentiments above excluded, I agree. Mainly hoping for a game like the playoff's this year!!!

Little nostalgia, recently I was watching that, Bills vs Oilers game from a few years ago. machine Gun Kelly vs Warren "Shoot the" Moon!!! What a fucking game!!! I remember I caught it at my in-laws and my Father in law, BIL and I were riveted to the TV!! Some comeback!!! It's still the record, no? Came back from down 38 I believe.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Man!

I miss watching Earl Campbell, That WR Burrows (#00) and Pastorini

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man!

I miss watching Earl Campbell, That WR Burrows (#00) and Pastorini
    Pastorini? What about, Warren Moon????? That man could sling it!!! lol

EDIT: Not to mention, Marino, Kelly, Montana, The Snake and Fouts Am I right?? "Air Coryell"? lol lol Good Ol' Days!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup...and Steve Bartkowski and Barry!!!

Barry is my all time fav RB.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the top 2. 1st - windnwaves 2nd - LurkerTDT.
    Good game.
    Message me names and address for trophies.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Congrats to the top 2. 1st - windnwaves 2nd - LurkerTDT.
    Good game.
    Message me names and address for trophies.
    Yes, congrats to the winners!!!! This was a playoff season to remember for sure!!

Oh, and the RAMS won (as I predicted)!!!!! Good for, Stafford!! Cooper Kupp is fucking unbelievable!! He reminds me of that little fuck, Julian Edelman who played for the Pats!! Hated that guy. LOL

See you all next year and a huge Thank you to, Bill for running the show every year!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Don't believe it. Couldn't have done it without Garrell's answering all my dumb questions, like how do you have a .5 pass. Or .5 anything.

Congrats to all and thanks to Garrell!!!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger Apprentice gersto is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Garrell, and congratulations to Lurker! It was a fun and interesting contest.

gersto (windnwaves)

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the winners! This was an interesting contest with ESPN expanding the variables of each game. Well beyond out regular season of just wins and losses. Maybe closer to fantasy football (which I don't play). It kept things interesting - and yes, I did learn a few things about odds-making. The .5 thing makes sense.

Thanks Garrell!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Trophies head out Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive trophies!

Thanks to Garrell for conducting the contest and paying for the trophies.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Trophies head out Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DAMN! I've got to up my trophy game after seeing these bad boys. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Impressive trophies!

Thanks to Garrell for conducting the contest and paying for the trophies.
    Ditto!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

BOTH sets of trophies look very good this year, Bill.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And what was in that box by the door??? WHOOO!!!

This is sooo nice. Thanks again, Garrell!!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger Apprentice gersto is on a distinguished road

I got my trophy, Garrel. Thank you! The contest was fun for after-season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2