Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1950s

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I second How to Marry a Millionaire (1953)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate The Quiet Man (1952)

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I was just about to nominate The Red Badge of Courage (1951), so I'll second it here
    That takes us to 130, so just 30 spots remain! And I still have at least 20 to nominate.
    Me too! I forgot we had reduced the nomination number.
    I know! I'll never get through my list. I hoping others' will overlap somewhat.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second The Quiet Man.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems activity has slowed down, and we usually loosen the waiting periods toward the end. I don’t think anyone would mind if we moved to one for waiting between both a nomination and a second?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Second Suddenly, Last Summer

Nominate I Want to Live! (1958) Director: Robert Wise
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

Stromboli (1950)
    Roberto Rossellini

Watch trailer:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

Nominate I Want to Live! (1958) Director: Robert Wise
    2ND

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Written on the Wind

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Written on the Wind
    Seconded.

Kiss Me Deadly
    This is a really, really, really great film case no one has seen it.

Written on the Wind
    Seconded.
    Does that mean I can second again now? Have we switched to those rules mentioned above?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I nominate The Robe (1953)

Watch trailer:
    Seconded

sk

Country
    Country Flag

I second Gigi (1958)

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate The Mouse that Roared (1959)

Watch trailer:

Pather Panchali (1955)
    Satyajit Ray

Watch trailer:
    2ND

Nominate
    Peter Pan

Country
    Country Flag

Does that mean I can second again now? Have we switched to those rules mentioned above?
    Yes, the new rules are in effect as of today.

Country
    Country Flag

All That Heaven Allows (1955)
    Douglas Sirk

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Peter Pan.

I'll second All that Heaven Allows

Country
    Country Flag

Kiss Me Deadly
    This is a really, really, really great film case no one has seen it.
    I'll second. I remember little of it but I know it's good.

Country
    Country Flag

That leaves us only 15 spots! Think hard and choose the very best ones you wish to nominate still, or look over the un-seconded list in the first post for any gems you might've missed!

Umberto D.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    How about this brilliant comic duo...Great Stuff!

Film: About & Costello Meet The Invisible Man
    Dir: Charles Lamont
    Year: 1951

Trailer
    I second
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast