Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King: A Complete Exploration of His Work, Life and Influences, by Bev Vincent

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King: A Complete Exploration of His Work, Life and Influences, by Bev Vincent

I spotted this on amazon yesterday :

STEPHEN KING: THE ULTIMATE COMPANION, by Bev Vincent

To be released in september, timed with King's 75th birthday
    > Publisher's page
    > Preorders on amazon
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Gee whiz, me and Stephen were born in the same month!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bev, does this contain more material than the previous release?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'll have more to say about this once it is officially announced but, in brief, yes -- a lot more material.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I'll have more to say about this once it is officially announced but, in brief, yes -- a lot more material.
    Excellent.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m very excited about this new companion, and pre-ordered it right away. The previous one has been my constant and much appreciated companion throughout my work on my PhD, I still take it out every couple of days to check things here and there.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Looking forward to this. Imbedded memorabilia or in sleeves like original edition?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'll have more to say once the book has been officially announced.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This answers my email then

Sorry Bev!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Traveler Oy's Night Out will become famous soon enough Oy's Night Out will become famous soon enough Oy's Night Out's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Exciting news Bev. Looking forward to this.
    I've just started reading The Road To The Dark Tower but am pausing until I get around to reading The Gunslinger again before I go too deep.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems we have a cover?

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Traveler Oy's Night Out will become famous soon enough Oy's Night Out will become famous soon enough Oy's Night Out's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, that's nice!! Coming in hardcover?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if it's the scan, but the red on black of Bev's name and the subtitle are hard to read....
    But then, I guess that it put the emphasis on King's name, which is likely to be the strategy
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Bev's name is particularly hard to read! Still, it's a nice subtle cover I think.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Oy's Night Out View Post
    Bev's name is particularly hard to read! Still, it's a nice subtle cover I think.
    IMO, a lighter red would make everything more readable.
    Not only Bev's name, but also the subtitle.
    Couldnt do any harm to have it all more readable.
    But it's maybe just the file

That's not the final cover.

I'm still awaiting the green light to make an official announcement.

Announcing - Stephen King: A Complete Exploration of his Work, Life and Influences

Explore the evolution and influences of Stephen King’s body of work over his nearly fifty-year career, and discover how the themes of his writing reflect the changing times and events within his life. Featuring archival photos and documents from King’s personal collection, this chronological history delves into the stories behind how his novels, novellas, short stories, and adaptations came to be.

With critically acclaimed titles that have also been turned into blockbuster sensations like It and Carrie, King’s work has stood the test of time across decades. This history of the writer’s struggles, triumphs, bestsellers, lesser-known stories, collaborations, and more makes the perfect addition to any Stephen King fan’s collection.

Celebrate the beloved author and King of Horror with this informational and entertaining look inside King’s most iconic titles and the culture they have created.

Format: Hardcover, 240 Pages
    ISBN: 978-0-7603-7681-2
    Size: 8.27 in x 10.63 in / 210.06 mm x 270.00 mm
    Publication date: September 20th, 2022

Available on Amazon, at Barnes & Noble, IndieBound, BookShop.org, or wherever book are sold.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!
    Will it include the scans as the first version of SK illustrated companion? I already preordered it anyway!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Looking forward to reading this Bev.

It won't have any detachable media like the first edition (paper costs make that prohibitive, apparently).

It is twice as long as the previous book and covers every one of King's books up to Fairy Tale, not just a select few like the Companion did, although not all in as great a depth. The "form factor" is different (it's about an inch shorter).

Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to discover this one

You can see the table of contents here, along with links to pre-order from the various sites. I'm especially pleased that, unlike the SK Illustrated Companion, this is not a B&N exclusive -- it will be available everywhere English is spoken at all bookstores.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

VERY excited for this one, Bev!
    ~Jonathan

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Pre-ordered - can't wait!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast