Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King: A Complete Exploration of His Work, Life and Influences, by Bev Vincent

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I’m going in to sign at Village Books on Thursday.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I’m going in to sign at Village Books on Thursday.
    They must be getting ready for you then.

Still time for people to get a signed copy!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It'll be ongoing -- if people order later, I'll drop by to sign copies.

For anyone who speaks Croatian - Stephen King – Svemir najčitanijeg pisca današnjice – (Lumen Publishing) – October 31, 2022 – translated by Marko Maras

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that's fast !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Yes -- and unique. I've never had anything published in Croatian before. The Italian edition should be announced soon, too. Czech and Spanish are slated for next year, with others possible.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I like how the typewriter looks like Steve smiling.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Finished reading it last night. Well done Bev.

Thank you -- glad you enjoyed it!

Entertainment Weekly! The Stephen King Ultimate Companion book: The most interesting things we learned

What was the original title of Salem's Lot? Which of his books does King think should be half the length? How did an accepting an award almost kill the famous author? Read on to find out!

By Clark Collis

The spookiest thing about the just-published Stephen King: A Complete Exploration of His Work, Life, and Influences is how many fascinating tidbits of information about Stephen King writer Bev Vincent fits into the book, while still leaving space aplenty for archival photos and documents from the Carrie writer's personal collections. You'll have to buy the tome to see the images but you can entertain (and terrify!) your friends with these ten fascinating facts we gleaned from reading Vincent's book.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I just ordered an inscribed copy from Village, looking forward to it! Happy to support an indie bookstore on this one.
    I have the B&N Illustrated Companion, fantastic production. What sealed the deal for me is knowing there is plenty of new content in this release. Maybe I will learn something new, and even if I don't, it will be a pleasure to go back over the publication history. As a creative person, how King creates his stories has always been as interesting to me as the stories themselves, sometimes even moreso--I've always been a great lover of his forewords, interviews, etc. that offer glimpses into that process. Hoping to dig even deeper with this release.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine arrived from Village Books with bumped corners. Not well packaged.

Nice signature though, Bev.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Traveler Oy's Night Out will become famous soon enough Oy's Night Out will become famous soon enough Oy's Night Out's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered from Amazon with a promise of next day delivery here in Australia! Working from home at the moment and hoping they don't show up while I'm in the middle of an online meeting tomorrow!
    Looking forward to this Bev. Am going to read it between Gwendy's Final Task and Fairy Tale. Finished Gwendy yesterday

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

My ship(ment) has come in! Thanks, Bev.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting for my copy, I guess I will probably end up getting a second print by now
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Still waiting for my copy, I guess I will probably end up getting a second print by now
    Don't lose hope yet. I ordered mine near the beginning of October, and there's a "1" in the number line...

Country
    Country Flag

Coincidentally, I recieved the book this morning and it's a first print

The Italian edition will be out next week, November 15.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Mama mia!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I (finally!) started reading this today and so far I like it a lot.
    Thanks for mentioning a book I used to own! (But I think there were more than 5 of them)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

By the way, on page 80, Del Rey is spelled Del Ray!

OMG!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    By the way, on page 80, Del Rey is spelled Del Ray!

OMG!!!!
    Noted.

Stephen King: Sein Werk, sein Leben, seine Inspiration -- German (Edition Olms); September 15, 2023; 978-3283013226 - translated by Michael Auwers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast